First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would never accept a vehicle from a paint shop that I can see where it was repaired. I don’t know why people do. If a good shop does it, it’s impossible to tell. If you can tell say NO try again.
I can promise you, you can always tell if you know what you’re looking for. Either way, whatever makes you happy.
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can promise you, you can always tell if you know what you’re looking for. Either way, whatever makes you happy.
Not if it’s done right. Believe what you want. Maybe you’re used to seeing shoddy work. I’ll never accept it.

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not if it’s done right. Believe what you want. Maybe you’re used to seeing shoddy work. I’ll never accept it.
That’s incorrect. A human simply cannot replicate a robot paint job, in factory paint shop conditions. I guarantee I could tell your mustang was painted. I’ve been doing this a long time, and you’re the only person I’ve ever heard in my life that claim, auto body professionals included. If you look hard enough, there is ALWAYS something. You just can’t see it.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s incorrect. A human simply cannot replicate a robot paint job, in factory paint shop conditions. I guarantee I could tell your mustang was painted. I’ve been doing this a long time, and you’re the only person I’ve ever heard in my life that claim, auto body professionals included.
If the owner or next buyer can’t tell than what does it matter? And I’ve been around a while myself.

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the owner or next buyer can’t tell than what does it matter? And I’ve been around a while myself.
“If” On top of that, you now have a vehicle with aftermarket paint work, which is worth less.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Crazy that you had to wait so long. Not sure how I ordered back in June and took delivery in Aug.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s incorrect. A human simply cannot replicate a robot paint job, in factory paint shop conditions. I guarantee I could tell your mustang was painted. I’ve been doing this a long time, and you’re the only person I’ve ever heard in my life that claim, auto body professionals included. If you look hard enough, there is ALWAYS something. You just can’t see it.
My take, if buying new it's because I want new, not a paint respray. It just would not sit well with me having my brand new vehicle resprayed.

On the other hand, if the paint had some chips while not ideal, if the chips were what I'd get anyway in the course of usage, I'd shoot for knocking some $ off the price. If everything else was good.

Also I bought a used Jeep CJ-7, and after around 12 years of ownership, the hood and fenders that were resprayed, started getting duller and having some peeling that was not occurring on the OEM painted areas. It wasn't predictable when buying. You have to hope whomever does the prep/spray does a great job.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone at the dealership go for a joy ride?!

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

cmjuetten

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m at 1225 days and still waiting for it to make it into production. Scheduled for week of 12-18. Hoping I’m not the first July 2020 res to have to order a forth time 😳

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This guy knows what’s up
Good post

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't see how people are still waiting! I would have bought one off the lot by now and cancelled the order.

G6Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has been 1095 days since I placed my reservation. Ford Tracker said it delivered last week. Dealer says it is stuck at rail yard. I figure some day 1 reservation folks beat me on this dubious honor but curious what the longest wait has been.

**Update - Dealer called this morning. Pick up at 2:00. Arrive and they have it up front waiting. Do a walk around and notice 2 rock chips on the hood. They run it back to body/paint. Wait an hour. Body shop manager comes out apologizing and says they found a bunch more on the doors. "Mileage is 140 miles so maybe it was driven down a gravel road". They are going to hash out with Ford what to do. If paint shop fixes it, it will take 2-4 weeks.

Disappointed is an understatement....NOT SURE I WANT IT ANYMORE....
If you really want disappointment flat, tow it for a little bit so it destroys the transmission and have the dealer tell you it’s your fault.

TheRealLizG

Badlands
First Name
Lizeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has been 1095 days since I placed my reservation. Ford Tracker said it delivered last week. Dealer says it is stuck at rail yard. I figure some day 1 reservation folks beat me on this dubious honor but curious what the longest wait has been.

**Update - Dealer called this morning. Pick up at 2:00. Arrive and they have it up front waiting. Do a walk around and notice 2 rock chips on the hood. They run it back to body/paint. Wait an hour. Body shop manager comes out apologizing and says they found a bunch more on the doors. "Mileage is 140 miles so maybe it was driven down a gravel road". They are going to hash out with Ford what to do. If paint shop fixes it, it will take 2-4 weeks.

Disappointed is an understatement....NOT SURE I WANT IT ANYMORE....
I’m sorry it has 140 miles on it brand new????? Something’s not right with that. If you reserved one it would come straight from
Factory to your dealer. Mine had 5 miles on it. Someone was joyriding that bronco of yours. Did you inquire about that? Hopefully the damage is fixable without notice but I’d address the mileage. And where it’s been driven.
Sponsored