Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well aren't you just the life of the party?:rolleyes:
I am
Like the guy thatā€™s thinks thereā€™s a lot of 2.3 fires he seems ti thinks heā€™s seen

or the guy that seen a video where the bronco is crushed repeatedly by a truck

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you talking about after market lights? Do you have any after market electrical devices or anything hooked up to the aux switches? The aux switch wires all land on the drivers side close to the rear if I remember correctly, something to take a look at.
No, itā€™s not that. I installed the F150led aux switch panel. I donā€™t have the oem aux switches. The switches were fine. Totally separate area where I wired them. https://www.f150leds.com/products/2021-2023-ford-bronco-led-aux-switch-panel

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably a dealer that pushes the snake oil flushes.
Flip - I really appreciate your posts and points of view, along with you other Ford Service guys. I thank you all for your inputs, suggestions, and advice..

Took my ā€™22 the Bronco in to the dealer who I bought it from, for the wiper EPROM reprogramming recall and warranty service as the wiper fluid pump had crapped out. Mileage was 26,000. Just for the record, my Bronco has been flawless.

I get a text the following day indicating that I need a ā€œthrottle body cleaningā€ and ā€œfuel injector cleaningā€ both at around $250 each. NADAā€¦

The sad part about this is that if my private mechanic (who Iā€™ve known for years and trustā€¦) told me this, I would have given the ā€œgo aheadā€. Pretty sure if I asked him, he would have replied, ā€œWhy would you need to do that at 26,000 miles?ā€.

Anyway, I sure its probably a very high margin service (snake oil flushes), if they do anything at allā€¦ Are they that hard pressed???

As owners of vehicles whoā€™s location can be continuously monitored with Ford Pass, itā€™s frustrating for me to see the vehicle sitting parked on an outer lot at the dealer for seemingly days on end, with nothing going onā€¦. Are the service people oblivious to this? Two days to fix the washer pump and reprogram the drive EPROM?

Sad that Iā€™m eagerly awaiting the expiration of my warranty, so I can deal with someone I trust, and who will provide me with a repair timeline and expedite my repair service scheduled.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are they that hard pressed???
Greed and ethically challenged.

They figure if folks don't know better, then stick it to them in the name of increased profits.
No different than the paint protection packages, etc etc the finance/sales guys push.
Buyer beware.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Greed and ethically challenged.

They figure if folks don't know better, then stick it to them in the name of increased profits.
No different than the paint protection packages, etc etc the finance/sales guys push.
Buyer beware.
Unfortunately, I think you are correctā€¦.

Took me a LONG time to find an auto repair shop that I could trust when I did not have time to do it myself. I have been lucky to have found 2. I feel sorry for people who know nothing about mechanical and electrical systems, including my daughters and their husbands. I do help when I canā€¦.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes thousands
Like the thousands of failed engines
Have you even seen how poorly they do in crash tests with trucks?
Thousands. right, and all those fake AI generated crash tests. Back up your claim with some fact are its just BS.

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wrench left on battery contacting both terminals? Was the "clicking" more of a "clanging" like a loose tool, or the same "clicking" noises you hear when Bronco comes out of sleep mode? More importantly, were there blown fuses and a super hot wrench in the engine bay?
*However the battery has the plastic cover over the positive terminal, so highly unlikely unless that was broken.
No, almost was timed with the wheel rotation from what I could tell, or a belt somewhere. Definitely nothing like a clang. Not sure on blown fuses as I donā€™t have the car at the moment.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks

What if the coil-on-plug slips off the plug ?

I'd like to learn more about the Bronco coil-on-plug device
It canā€™t. The coil is bolted down to the valve cover

Ford Bronco 2.3 Bronco Engine fire šŸ˜­ IMG_3198

Ford Bronco 2.3 Bronco Engine fire šŸ˜­ IMG_3200

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It canā€™t. The coil is bolted down to the valve cover

Yes, I can tell you it wasnā€™t that part that was on fire. That appears to be on top of the engine. The fire was on the driver side on the side of the engine. If you had a schematic of the side Iā€™m fairly sure I could point out what part was on fire.

Fasteddy

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door, 1992 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Likely the high current B+ lead to the starter and / or the ground return cable, the starter is in the location you describe and has direct path to battery, sustained high current draw makes a good fire, clacking could also have been starter mounted solenoid engaging. Was alternator shield upgrade performed? also in that area...
Sponsored