Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I looked at a lot of winch bumpers over the past 1.5 years and at one point I had come down between the ARB Summit and Bodyguard Extreme. But both were more weight than I wanted to add, and I felt like Summit stuck out too far. So, I ended up ordering the Lobo Off Road winch bumper, though it hasn’t showed up yet.
I too am also waiting for mine to show up. Its all good, hope to have it in the next week or so.
Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that buckstop 220lbs? I redub that the forest guard!
I will have to double check the weight- so I answer correctly. I know my sas badland's front end did drop 1/2 inch. Handles fine regardless on and off road still. In time the JCR rear bumper I want to add-will help balance it out, or I will make some additional adjustments to the suspension front and back. This ain't a Prius.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It doesn't look like it supports adaptive cruise...I need this for highway so I don't lose my mind at slow people on 3+ lanes wide holding up real speeders.
I ordered this, 11 more weeks to wait. 12 week lead time… It comes with brackets for ACC relocation to behind the grill and camera relocation to a small housing mounted to the front edge of the bumper, between the center lights in that pic…. It also works with the parking sensors. It’s nice they include the brackets free with the bumper per your trim level.

I almost went with the JCR Vanguard, but the looks of this just won me over…
Ford Bronco 2.7 what is the best winch bumper? D13E4D44-C450-4514-A21F-189A2D5BA736

OP
OP
Valhalla

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a cool bumper!

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Valhalla said:
Is that buckstop 220lbs? I redub that the forest guard!
I will have to double check the weight- so I answer correctly. I know my sas badland's front end did drop 1/2 inch. Handles fine regardless on and off road still. In time the JCR rear bumper I want to add-will help balance it out, or I will make some additional adjustments to the suspension front and back. This ain't a Prius.

Buckstop did verify their Bronco front bumper is 160 lbs, plus the winch.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not have any Bronco first hand winch bumper experience, but I’ll chime in just based on research and personal preference.

If say the best options out now are…

Hefty Fab
CBI
RCI.

runner up goes to True North / SRQ.

My old 2nd Gen Tacoma was a warrior laden with CBI and I can speak from experience, they make excellent product.

HeftyFab has my attention and I’ve only seen raving feedback so far. I look forward to their future offerings. (Swing gate rear bumper)

JCR - My bronco experience is limited to their tailgate reinforcement which so far is excellent. Also have a set of their sliders on my JK, very well made.

Oddly enough, I’m not planning to run a winch on my 2Door, I know…blasphemy! But in all the years of wheeling the snot out of my Tacoma I only used my winch three times. So…time will tell if my non-winch plan is wise or not. Ha ha ha!

good luck!

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the Westin. Checks all boxes. Air flow, light options, Acc relocate hardware, parking sensor, great winch mount. Well built.
Ford Bronco 2.7 what is the best winch bumper? 2023-02-05 18.02.30

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does the front camera view look like? Does it have Highlift jacking points? I do like it, I'll look at it more on the PC.
Somehow I didn’t see this reply before. But here’s a pic. And there aren’t specific hi lift points on this bumper but my frame mounted sliders provide that for me.
9EE5D228-1310-4CC7-A33D-9A673A0A8A62.jpeg

OP
OP
Valhalla

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's pretty good on that camera

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For me it came down to Hefty Fab or Maxlider. I like how high and tight both of them are. I was leaning towards Hefty Fab because of the really long lead time of the Maxlider when they advertised on here that they had gotten a stock order in and they were ready to ship. It is NOT cheap in any regard. It's well made, the grille guard completements the Bronco front end perfectly. My only complaint is the lack of other light options. You are stuck with Vision X lights that frankly are a pain in the butt to install and the light output left something to be desired compared to the Baja Designs squadrons I had on my Mod bumper. I also installed the JKS big tire kit which deletes the crash bar mounts entirely. But Maxlider does have sweet covers to make them look better if you don't decide to remove them.

Ford Bronco 2.7 what is the best winch bumper? 1677109505926

Ford Bronco 2.7 what is the best winch bumper? 1677109524924

Ford Bronco 2.7 what is the best winch bumper? 1677109564260

Ford Bronco 2.7 what is the best winch bumper? 1677109545232

Sponsored
OP
OP
Valhalla

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is good looking!!

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did it work with factory Skid plates
Yes, it will work with all the stock skid plates. I ended up switching the front skid to theirs because it’s better, but still have the other stock ones.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want something that looks similar to stock check out Rock Hard 4x4. They also offer aluminum bumpers to offset weight. Bumpers can use stock fog lights, sensors, lane keep assistance, and don’t block the intercooler for winch. Plus a camera relocation kit is offered.

Ford Bronco 2.7 what is the best winch bumper? 1677587689649

Ford Bronco 2.7 what is the best winch bumper? 1677587644736

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the modular bumper and did not want to replace it. Rough Country finally came out with a winch plate which extends two of the sensors and allows their winch to be mounted. Yes it will block the front camera. But I have yet to use it. Hopefully someone will come out with an affordable camera relocation kit....later. Install starts tomorrow.
Bronco HIGH Winch Mount By Rough Country - Bing video
Sponsored