Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is so wrong on Ford's part.

This is what has me more frustrated than anything. I get the faulty part. I get warranties. But the way they are treating those affected is not sitting ok with me. I don't have mine back but I'm working towards negotiations on them stepping up. Prayers and good vibes appreciated.
Do you have an assigned case worker and Case #? This is a minimum. Depending on how good they are, they can help expedite parts. What they can't do is order the right items at the right time, that's on your dealer.

Most of us have needed a new turbo, with required gasket to complete the repairs. My dealer thought Ford would include this with the long block, Ford does not. That, plus the gasket, added a month of wait time for me.

Don't assume your service writer is competent or motivated until they prove it. Be very specific with your questions, time table, technician availability, etc. If you don't like their answer, call their boss and voice your concerns. Everybody has a boss.

Things to ask:
Do you have a dedicated technician doing this work, or is it a team effort?
Are they actively working on it, if not why?
If waiting on parts, what are the part #'s. Share this with your dedicated Ford rep and ask for expedited delivery. This costs more, somebody has to approve it.
Go visit in person. Ask to see your Bronco. Verify its in the state of repair they said it was. Its easier for them to lie over the phone.

Don't be a jerk, but be firm and very clear. Say the same thing mutliple times until you see heads nodding up and down. Make it clear the wait is unacceptable and agree to what actions are being taken to get your vehicle back to you.

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you have an assigned case worker and Case #? This is a minimum. Depending on how good they are, they can help expedite parts. What they can't do is order the right items at the right time, that's on your dealer.

Most of us have needed a new turbo, with required gasket to complete the repairs. My dealer thought Ford would include this with the long block, Ford does not. That, plus the gasket, added a month of wait time for me.

Don't assume your service writer is competent or motivated until they prove it. Be very specific with your questions, time table, technician availability, etc. If you don't like their answer, call their boss and voice your concerns. Everybody has a boss.

Things to ask:
Do you have a dedicated technician doing this work, or is it a team effort?
Are they actively working on it, if not why?
If waiting on parts, what are the part #'s. Share this with your dedicated Ford rep and ask for expedited delivery. This costs more, somebody has to approve it.
Go visit in person. Ask to see your Bronco. Verify its in the state of repair they said it was. Its easier for them to lie over the phone.

Don't be a jerk, but be firm and very clear. Say the same thing mutliple times until you see heads nodding up and down. Make it clear the wait is unacceptable and agree to what actions are being taken to get your vehicle back to you.

I appreciate this. I do have a case # and a rep. I'm waiting on a single use bolt. My customer service representative has used buzz words like, "we are expediting this or that." But I am at the point I feel like it's words and no action. I guess at some point my vehicle was not coded properly in the system as being "off road" - I'm guess this lost me priority in parts.

My Rep was supposed to call me today to follow up but it hasn't happened. I imagine she will call tomorrow.

Last edited:

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Figures, as soon as I say I didn't get the scheduled phone call, she calls. (Customer Service Rep). I do believe she is doing what she can on her part. We discussed our issues and she is going to continue to advocate for me.

Some days, it's just hard to wait and feel powerless about the situation. Not much else to update but I didn't want my last word to be that they didn't follow up when they did.

Sponsored

jeremy.wilson237

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford Super duty, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good Lord, that is inexcusable.

Have they granted you any restitution for the inconvenience? My dealer has yet to reimburse my towing or provide an extended warranty or anything, really.

We didnt have an issue with getting a loaner. The only other thing the dealer did outside of the loaner was gave a us a discount on the mesh top. The Ford rep I was working with had it lined up where we were going to get a couple months payments and then an extended warranty. But as soon as the buy back department contacted me that little deal got voided. Now I am working with the buyback department on a different restitution.

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST, 2021 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good Lord, that is inexcusable.

Have they granted you any restitution for the inconvenience? My dealer has yet to reimburse my towing or provide an extended warranty or anything, really.
That won't come from your dealer. You have to go through Ford.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lucchese has a way of making things feel better :) he just pointed out via PM:

“you got the solid new -AB engine and with AMB 2Dr - it's a total Unicorn - could be the only one, or extremely rare, since AMB was discontinued”

Anyhow, here’s the new engine for those that may be interested. Evidently built in Feb. 2022.

E5410B23-D17F-4A56-B1F9-B360D70CC363.jpeg
Does that mean that it failed at the factory and got replaced or it was just a unicorn and got it from the start?

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mataxis

Black Diamond
First Name
R. Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toy.Sequoia, 2020 Dodge Challenger ScatPack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does that mean that it failed at the factory and got replaced or it was just a unicorn and got it from the start?
No, my previous engine was the AA version with the fragile valves. It blew. My new engine is the improved AB version with the revised valve design.

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, my previous engine was the AA version with the fragile valves. It blew. My new engine is the improved AB version with the revised valve design.
Are all AA engine valves suspect, or only those in the mid-late summer 2021 range?

Mataxis

Black Diamond
First Name
R. Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toy.Sequoia, 2020 Dodge Challenger ScatPack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are all AA engine valves suspect, or only those in the mid-late summer 2021 range?
Not all. Have a look at the first few posts on this thread, they are way more informative than I could ever hope to be.

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

good article @ The Drive, by Rob Stumpf , April 29

". . The Drive reached out to Ford for comment. A spokesperson from the automaker explained, 'We are aware of a select number of engines with this concern and we are investigating' . . "

- comment by Ford spokesperson ( 2nd ¶ )

- 1st paragraph has link to this thread
- a few paragraphs cover NHTSA Reports and Petitions
- end of article has link to opening post

Last edited: