Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, you might need to add me to the list. Still waiting for the dealer to look at it. Today I was driving, maybe 30 mph when all of a sudden I thought I heard some clicking noises from the engine, power drops and was barely able to pull over, then engine dead. Only warning lights I got were a forward sensor failure and then a message telling me to pull over put it in park and restart. Was not able to restart, starter fires but doesn't seem to engage with anything. Based on some quick reading of engine failures I have similar symptoms but no smoke from engine or exhaust. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Unfortunately did not get any engine build info but will see if I can from the dealer depending on what they find.

~2500 miles on the car, built in October.
Sorry to hear. Who's your dealer here in Utah?
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The replacement engine was faulty as well. Still in the shop awaiting its 3rd engine.
wow....did you take delivery of engine #2?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow- another two? 37?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought my bronco on Nov 6, 2021. Engine blew at 1,166 miles on Dec 11, 2021. The replacement engine was faulty as well. Still in the shop awaiting its 3rd engine. Not sure the build date.
It could be a faulty install by the dealer in this case. If the oil lines or turbos had debris and were not properly cleaned out, could of trashed the new engine. Not saying that is exctly what happened but it is a possibility.

To the new guys, be sure to file a report with the NHTSA. Very easy to do and it records these issues.

Sponsored

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry to hear. Who's your dealer here in Utah?
Crandall (now Karl Malone) Ford in Park City. They've been great to work with but they are a smaller dealer and I imagine this is their first Bronco tow job.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It could be a faulty install by the dealer in this case. If the oil lines or turbos had debris and were not properly cleaned out, could of trashed the new engine. Not saying that is exctly what happened but it is a possibility.

To the new guys, be sure to file a report with the NHTSA. Very easy to do and it records these issues.
I agree...we have had a few reports of replacement failures, however they appear to be "DOA" type situations. I don't think that we should treat an engine that never ran properly, for whatever reason, from the time it was installed, the same as the type of failure we are trying to track. They are worth noting, but clearly not the same pattern of failure that we are gathering data on here.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hope both of my orders with the V6 come intact. I do not want to order the mailman's 4 cylinder Bronco. Just reminds me of air-cooled 4 cylinder Jeeps, which they claimed had adequate power. Now days with freeway driving at elevation and 35-37 inch tires we really need a V8 but we have to settle for 2.7
What Jeeps were air cooled? Besides the m422 mighty mite series? I don’t know of any others.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So anyone keeping track, wanted to note what I found about my October build today. My blend date was Oct 18 and my top has a build date sticker of Oct 21, the day before I got my built email. I’ve been loosly following along with this 2.7 saga, assuming I was out of the hot zone.

I looked at my engine sticker today and I am 21224. August 12, and the same day as three known failures tracked here. Surprised my engine was built over two months before Bronco was assembled.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scary looking pattern. Almost looks like Round 1 was the initial bad batch before any problems were known. Plant shut down and they "fix" the issue.

Round 2 is a mix of good and bad parts testing new valves while still using the old ones (or using up heads with bad valves). This could literally narrow down to which line on that day your engine was built and when those heads were built. July 28th and August 12th were bad days. I'm hoping July 30th ran heads with new valves.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So anyone keeping track, wanted to note what I found about my October build today. My blend date was Oct 18 and my top has a build date sticker of Oct 21, the day before I got my built email. I’ve been loosly following along with this 2.7 saga, assuming I was out of the hot zone.

I looked at my engine sticker today and I am 21224. August 12, and the same day as three known failures tracked here. Surprised my engine was built over two months before Bronco was assembled.
My JD is 21196 with blend of 9/7 so almost two months between engine build and blend.
Sponsored