Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What Jeeps were air cooled? Besides the m422 mighty mite series? I don’t know of any others.
All ICE cars are air cooled
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn two FE failures in back-to-back posts? Sorry guys. Let’s get these reported to NHTSA so the story gets bigger and puts some pressure on Ford to tell us what’s going on.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oh and here I thought the heat exchangers cooled water with air. But what do I know
Hint, one has fins, one has jackets, there will be a test after you watch the video.

@BroncocnorB , we are not talking about how the radiator gets cooled but how the engine cylinders and block get cooled, standard industry terminology for 120 years.

Last edited:

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hint, one has fins, one has jackets, there will be a test after you watch the video.
Air is still the cooling medium. You’re thinking too narrowly

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn two FE failures in back-to-back posts? Sorry guys. Let’s get these reported to NHTSA so the story gets bigger and puts some pressure on Ford to tell us what’s going on.
What do you think the chances that Ford will extend the warranty on all of the 2021 2.7L EcoBoost engines? I have a Specialized Turbo Levo electric mountain bike, and they had a problem with Brose electric motor failures. SO, Specialized extended the warrant of all Turbo Levo bikes with that motor for an additional 4 years.

While my Julian Date seems to be out of the danger zone, I would feel a lot better if I knew that Ford would stand behind their Nano for at least 5 years from valve train failures.

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How many 2.7L engines are produced at the Lima plant daily?

(Sorry if I missed this in the previous 160 pages)

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're being pedantic.

By your definition is there anything not air cooled? Or space cooled?
No. I’m just pointing out what is correct. Water jackets and fins are a means of distribution of cooled air or water. With a heat exchanger it’s still air. And it’s not pedantic. But whatever. This thread is about 2.7 issues.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh yeah, hence why I've been watching this thread closely. I would prefer if nothing was wrong and it lives a long, happy life. I really wouldn't want the heads to be replaced under warranty if I don't have to. No sense in tearing apart a perfectly good engine if there's no reason to.
I would rather have the heads replaced than risk a RUD and having countless other problems. Plus the potential RUD anxiety sucks. Will this be the day?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No, I am pretty sure that is already true.

So here's something I noticed today as I was waiting on some food.

I was leaning on the rear passenger tire and felt a shudder with a period of approximately 1.5 seconds at idle. I popped the hood, and sure enough, you could see a mild shudder generated by the engine that was very regular and predictable. So this was with the motor fully warmed up and idling, does anyone else have it going on?

I don't remember it before, everything is still pretty quiet, but putting my hand on the rear passenger tire, the shudder was unmistakably there. I am wondering if it is a possible warning sign or just normal operation.
Hmm. I actually think I may notice something similar in mine! Any new info? I too don’t know if it’s new or has been going on for the entire 5600 miles.

I noticed today in the cold when the vehicle was warming up that this roughly corresponded with tiny gaps in the amount of exhaust being produced by the vehicle.

Reactions: jon