First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The good news is that it’s not currently being filled up with new 2.7 failures!
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The good news is that it’s not currently being filled up with new 2.7 failures!
This was my next point! Thread got derailed a bit due to no new blown motors. Would be nice to talk other topics rather than the latest motor that took a crap!

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About as interesting a Toyota post.... :)
Well, those little FJ's were certainly very capable. I doubt very much that my 2021 Badlands will look anything like @Snowdogyyz FJ in 48 years. The only reason I am on this thread is because I have a 2.7, and I was very concerned that it could fail. But thanks to @Lucchese and @VictoryLights, I can consider myself one of the fortunate ones with a 2021 build.

Thanks to @Lucchese for his hard work!

The fact we are posting here 1 week after the last two blown engines may be a good thing. But none of us can relax until @Ford Motor Company acts appropriately with information and actions.

Off topic posts are the least of our worries.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, those little FJ's were certainly very capable. I doubt very much that my 2021 Badlands will look anything like @Snowdogyyz FJ in 48 years. The only reason I am on this thread is because I have a 2.7, and I was very concerned that it could fail. But thanks to @Lucchese and @VictoryLights, I can consider myself one of the fortunate ones with a 2021 build.

Thanks to @Lucchese for his hard work!

The fact we are posting here 1 week after the last two blown engines may be a good thing. But none of us can relax until @Ford Motor Company acts appropriately with information and actions.

Off topic posts are the least of our worries.
I also have a 2.7... not worried..... it has a warranty...

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There you go! Couldn't hold back eh?

Many of us here expect FoMoCo to fix a failed engine under warranty. That is not the point. Which makes me wonder if your Outer Banks will every be somewhere outside of North Dallas and beyond the safety of cell phone reception. Since you have used a computer generated image for your profile, I wonder if you even have a bronco. You haven't supported this group by adding your Julian Date to @VictoryLights 2.7 engine tracker, so I wonder why you are watching this thread at all.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There you go! Couldn't hold back eh?

Many of us here expect FoMoCo to fix a failed engine under warranty. That is not the point. Which makes me wonder if your Outer Banks will every be somewhere outside of North Dallas and beyond the safety of cell phone reception. Since you have used a computer generated image for your profile, I wonder if you even have a bronco. You haven't supported this group by adding your Julian Date to @VictoryLights 2.7 engine tracker, so I wonder why you are watching this thread at all.
Julian date 21281

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We just hope you’re not 300 miles from home in the backwoods of it goes. Then hopefully it doesn’t take 3 months to get it back. Those are the concerns- not wherever it’s warrantied or not.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We just hope you’re not 300 miles from home in the backwoods of it goes. Then hopefully it doesn’t take 3 months to get it back. Those are the concerns- not wherever it’s warrantied or not.
Being 70 years old I no longer worry about the trivial things in life.... :)

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Understood. But you can also understand those of us with young kids who travel with us might be more concerned I’m sure. My engine will be well out of the date ranges, but if I can help those who are in the hot zones get some attention from Ford- I’ll do what I can.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7,098 miles on a 21180

I'm not worried, only 43 out of millions upon millions of engines Ford has produced since 1903.

I'm worried to death! 43 out of ~218!!
~218 = 43 broken from this thread + 175 responses to VictoryLights milage thread - duplicates
Ford needs to make this right! They need to send me a stable of free Bronco Raptors!

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Come one people ... this thread is about 2.7 engines....
So, you are 3 years older than me but none the wiser. I think you have your priorities out of balance. Two off topic posts are worthy of 10 more off topic responses, but having an engine blow up is too trivial to worry about. I'm starting to think you are just a troll digging on how many people you got a reaction from. Off topic posts don't put anyone at risk, and won't take up more than a second for someone to move on to the next post. A blown engine can potentially put owners and their loved ones at risk of injury, death or exposure to unsuitable elements, and who know how many days or weeks with their Broncos in the shop. But yeah, they are covered by an extensive powertrain warranty so the worries we have are just trivial. Meh!

This 67 year old worrier is off for a 300 meter elevation mountain bike climb up a mountain in the Canadian Rockies, sans Bronco. How's that for an off topic post?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, you are 3 years older than me but none the wiser. I think you have your priorities out of balance. Two off topic posts are worthy of 10 more off topic responses, but having an engine blow up is too trivial to worry about. I'm starting to think you are just a troll digging on how many people you got a reaction from. Off topic posts don't put anyone at risk, and won't take up more than a second for someone to move on to the next post. A blown engine can potentially put owners and their loved ones at risk of injury, death or exposure to unsuitable elements, and who know how many days or weeks with their Broncos in the shop. But yeah, they are covered by an extensive powertrain warranty so the worries we have are just trivial. Meh!

This 67 year old worrier is off for a 300 meter elevation mountain bike climb up a mountain in the Canadian Rockies, sans Bronco. How's that for an off topic post?
Which has more risk, bike breaking in the canadian rockies or bronco breaking in the canadian rockies?
Seems like either could put you "at risk of injury, death or exposure to unsuitable elements".
Sponsored