Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add me to the list.
2021 2DR OBX 2.7 auto with 3,818 miles.

Catastrophic engine failure - a valve came loose and was crushed by the pistons or some such nonsense. Sucks to be me. Replacement motor is on order and could take a couple weeks. No loaner vehicle available. Good thing I’ve still got my 2014 Toyota Sequoia. 😂😭😢
Welcome to the forum and sorry it's probably due to this issue. Please do post your Julian date.

And I was just about to make a joke about I wonder if we will see another 209 go since we are on page 209 in this thread. :rolleyes:

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the forum and sorry it's probably due to this issue. Please do post your Julian date.

And I was just about to make a joke about I wonder if we will see another 209 go since we are on page 209 in this thread. :rolleyes:
Please let us know the Julian date and file an NHTSA complaint. Were you driving when this happened?

Mataxis

Black Diamond
First Name
R. Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toy.Sequoia, 2020 Dodge Challenger ScatPack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please let us know the Julian date and file an NHTSA complaint. Were you driving when this happened?
It’s in the shop now. Is there another way I can find that info other than peeking under the hood?

I was on cruise control going about 70 when I lost all power at the gas pedal. I made it to the side of the highway and waited 90 minutes for a tow truck to come get me. I had my dogs with me and it was 25 degrees out. We were three hours from home. It truly sucked.

Tow truck driver was cool though, and we made it home a few hours later.

VIN # 1FMDE5CP2MLA61925

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s in the shop now. Is there another way I can find that info other than peeking under the hood?

I was on cruise control going about 70 when I lost all power at the gas pedal. I made it to the side of the highway and waited 90 minutes for a tow truck to come get me. I had my dogs with me and it was 25 degrees out. We were three hours from home. It truly sucked.

VIN # 1FMDE5CP2MLA61925
@Lucchese

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

VIN # 1FMDE5CP2MLA61925
I am very sorry to read your post. It is good to learn you were able to get to a safe place to wait for the tow truck.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

VIN # 1FMDE5CP2MLA61925

Glad you're all ok. I avoid taking anyone in my rig as much as possible, dogs included.
It should be obvious to people that this is a safety issue, but many don't get it.
We still get the oblivious jokers every day here saying "hey, it's got a warranty" and "drive it like ya stole it!"

Belem

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda MX-5/2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

VIN # 1FMDE5CP2MLA61925
Glad you and your pups are ok.

Last edited:

Belem

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda MX-5/2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Glad you're all ok. I avoid taking anyone in my rig as much as possible, dogs included.
It should be obvious to people that this is a safety issue, but many don't get it.
We still get the oblivious jokers every day here saying "hey, it's got a warranty" and "drive it like ya stole it!"
You forgot the old chestnut of "Fords made a million 2.7L for the past 20 years and 44 failed? LOL"

It's getting a bit tiresome.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You forgot the old chestnut of "Fords made a million 2.7L for the past 20 years and 44 failed? LOL"

It's getting a bit tiresome.
How about- mine has 6250 miles and is running strong!

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VIN # 1FMDE5CP2MLA61925
Im not sure about the Julian date, but you can still file the NHTSA complaint with just your vin. Include your story about the dogs and 25 degrees.

I’m glad you made it to the side of the road and everyone is okay.

@Ford Motor Company

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Only an issue if you are doing hard core offroading. The extreme angle causing oil to be sucked into cylinder 6 is becoming a known issue. Not the same magnitude issue the 2.7Ls are having.
You obviously didn't live through the 4 runner head gasket debacle.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, honest question here that I will probably get roasted for: If you are that concerned about it that you don' t like to take anyone in it, why not sell it? The market is crazy and you could make enough on it to have a good down payment for something else.

Not trying to start shit, just really wondering. If I had a vehicle that I was afraid to drive, I would get rid of it.
Sponsored