Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

for anyone saying this is within a reasonable failure rate, or whatever - then why are we not seeing a similar number of 2.3 failures?
Fair question! I’ve seen maybe one on the forum? Along with a couple of failed brake boosters.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for anyone saying this is within a reasonable failure rate, or whatever - then why are we not seeing a similar number of 2.3 failures?
Someone is saying this is a reasonable failure rate? I haven't heard that. I think alot want to rationalize that its a small percentage...a matter of opinion. Dont think this is normal by Ford's standards...however problems DO happen...its why I have a job!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone is saying this is a reasonable failure rate? I haven't heard that. I think alot want to rationalize that its a small percentage...a matter of opinion. Dont think this is normal by Ford's standards...however problems DO happen...its why I have a job!
There have been cries of “this is just normal failures- happens with every manufacturer” since this thread and the first thread started. Not as often now with 27 blown, but it’s been said numerous times.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've probably should! Some on this forum tell me it magically increases displacement and torque. Can't believe I didn't know that after 40+yrs. and dozens of MTs in the garage.
Nah, more so that the 2.3L 10s doesn’t work well together in my opinion. The one I drove was sluggish at best. The 2.3L 7MT has plenty of go in everything but 5th and 6th gear

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Lucchese Another failed this morning on a FB group (Scott Yuen). I've directed him here to report the problem if he is so inclined. I don't want to skew the reporting data so don't count his until if/when he reports it here.

Also, there is another 2.7 that has failed which was mentioned by another commenting on Scott's post. I also directed them to report here, but again we shouldn't count in our data until they decide to report it here.

Just wanted you to know that the reports are stacking up.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the worst part of it all. If they would just be honest and transparent it would go a long way. However, they continue to be shady. I really wanted to support an American car brand but this is unfortunately why I have avoided it for so long.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man, at least no accident - but what an ordeal
- maybe ask dealer for loaner - save rental reimb hassle
- in opening post see repair threads ** - lots of good advice
- here in B6g we're tracking engine build-dates to see what's happening - see table & graphs in OP
- when time permits we appreciate engine label info - has engine ser# - photos below
- maybe Service Dept can take a look and provide it to you

engine ser# & build date 21308 c.jpg

engine ser# & build date 21160 c.jpg
With October build date the "clear gap" likely just got narrower. 😬

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the worst part of it all. If they would just be honest and transparent it would go a long way. However, they continue to be shady. I really wanted to support an American car brand but this is unfortunately why I have avoided it for so long.
Have to give insiders time to sell. They've had a helluva a run and don't want this kind of setback to cost them.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn’t we have someone on here send an email to a Ford executive about manufacturing quality issues and actually got a response? Those were for things like missing paint and other minor issues.

I wonder if that same person could send a link to this post? This isn’t something small.

Sponsored

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With October build date the "clear gap" likely just got narrower. 😬
I don't think the photo in @Lucchese's post is of one that failed, but just an example to show people what code/tag they are looking for -- i.e. what to share with the group. Could be wrong though.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe that there was a user who did a Chi-square analysis and asserted that this was fine. There was no statistical significance. It's all in your head. ;) Nothing to see here, move along... Or so I was told. I am sure that if there was a problem @Ford Motor Company would have told us something by now.

Stay pumped!

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think the photo in @Lucchese's post is of one that failed, but just an example to show people what code/tag they are looking for -- i.e. what to share with the group. Could be wrong though.
Correct. Still waiting on engine build julian date from user. But if his Bronco build date was October(like mine) the gap is probably narrowing.
Sponsored