Clubs

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Correct. Still waiting on engine build julian date from user. But if his Bronco build date was October(like mine) the gap is probably narrowing.
Yeah, my julian date is 266 (Sep 22) so it's looking less and less likely that I feel comfortable taking the family to Florida in the Bronco next month (from NC). Sucks.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe that there was a user who did a Chi-square analysis and asserted that this was fine. There was no statistical significance. It's all in your head. ;) Nothing to see here, move along... Or so I was told. I am sure that if there was a problem @Ford Motor Company would have told us something by now.

Stay pumped!
I remember being ridiculed as I supported your original thread. We were simply trying to find out- real issue or not- and the amount of made up numbers used to skew the issue was amazing. Tens of thousands of 2.7’s delivered and being driven. 15 (at the time) blown motors out of 40k broncos sold (even though we explained it was forum members, not the public), etc, etc.
Even a data gathering thread just riles people up on here. If you want unicorns and rainbows- go to BN! If you want to look at issues real, perceived, or not, come here. If you don’t want to know at all and ford is 100% honest and on top of things to you- skip this thread altogether!

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is what I recommend to the OP, who has the facts and data:

Contact the Lima Engine Plant directly. Shawn Stewart is the Plant Manager. Tiffany Nickels is his Admin Assistant.

Send a fact-based e-mail to them via this:

[email protected]

Hope this helps.

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, my julian date is 266 (Sep 22) so it's looking less and less likely that I feel comfortable taking the family to Florida in the Bronco next month (from NC). Sucks.
That is still outside the date range of known failures right? Not questioning your decision just double checking the date range.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is what I recommend to the OP, who has the facts and data:

Contact the Lima Engine Plant directly. Shawn Stewart is the Plant Manager. Tiffany Nickels is his Admin Assistant.

Send a fact-based e-mail to them via this:

[email protected]

Hope this helps.
Thanks for that info!

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford told her to pound sand.
Yup. So then i went straight to the MAP Plant Manager, where they responded last week, passed the info and photos around, thanked me, and said they will follow up.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is still outside the date range of known failures right? Not questioning your decision just double checking the date range.
Right, still outside the range of known failures. But still a bit too close for comfort for me until we have more data, and more Broncos with similar julian date to mine rack up the miles and don't blow. My engine julian date was 9/22, my vehicle build week was 10/25, and I took delivery 12/3. Just crossed over 1k miles yesterday.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Won’t it be funny if they have to recall every MY21 2.7?

If they replace your engine, what mileage does your vehicle have for warranty purposes? Total mileage of both engines, or only that of the new one?

Also, all afflicted owners should report to NHTSA, especially if failure occurred such that it represented a safety risk during use.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they replace your engine, what mileage does your vehicle have for warranty purposes? Total mileage of both engines, or only that of the new one?
I’ve wondered that myself. When I had my FJ40 I used the mileage of the small block replacement motor.

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be in the minority here but I absolutely do not think Ford is ignoring any aspect of this. This is a marquee product and launch. There's probably a large team on this, reporting right up to the CEO. There are probably more internal reports and paperwork than we could ever imagine. Likely, they know exactly what the issue is and how many vehicles could be affected. But that has very little to do with how much they will communicate. Remember, public company with fiduciary "responsibility" to shareholders and legal implications of every single release of information. I'm shocked we heard anything about "re-design" - that had to be unsanctioned. To a person, they may believe the ethical or moral thing to do is to tell their customers about a dangerous issue - no way they can do that though.

Two ways to handle it: 1) wait it out and see what happens. 2) be proactive and start your (our) paperwork - whatever that means to you.

I'm doing my own homework and making plans but I'm still in wait and see mode. If we start seeing data that suggests this is a systemic issue in all 2.7 Bronco engines, I'll have a very different mindset and approach. But at the end of the day, I'm driving a f-ing Bronco with a good 2.7 in it one way or another.

Also, I don't think people here are disagreeing with much other than risk tolerance. I really appreciate the different opinions and input to the thread, especially OP and others for sinking a bunch of time into this to get the data together.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At a Minimum, Ford should allow us to drive our Broncos back up to Dirt Mountain for more months of engineering voodoo. And we should get vouchers for busfare back home!
Sponsored