Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 2800 miles and about to go on a 800 mile road trip so getting kinda nervous!
Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here I thought I was in the clear with right at 4500 miles in and no hints of issue.
Just out of curiosity I went out the check my build code.
right on the tail end of the suspect ones.
So now wondering when it will be deemed enough proven mileage to say I’m “in the clear”…
I have 4200 miles and a July 14th engine build date..... yay I guess lol

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I've been waiting my for my 2.7 Bronco build for awhile, like alot of others. Last week, I considered placing a 2nd order at a different, smaller dealer in order to potentially have 2 pots on the stove. That dealer started to submit an order for me, but was not allowed to select the 2.7 engine. And he mentioned that Ford was unable to tell him when 2.7L engines would be orderable again. Has anyone been able to place an order for a 2.7l in the past week?
Yes I have placed multiple 2.7L orders at my store in the past few days.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which is exactly why I spend no time on BN: Kumbaya land for the pretenders ...
Couldn’t help myself any longer- posted this:

You know what- you are all right! We just shouldn’t point out issues/potential issues. It’s just negativity! It’s all good. MIC 1.0 probably only got recalled because enough people complained about snake skinning, leaks, pops, rattles, etc. We should have all just ignored it and instead praised Ford for taking our money for the privilege of buying a bronco with a crappy non functional top! Damn-what’s wrong with people these days wanting to get what they pay for!!! Ford does everything right and this should just be worshipped as a flawless entity. Screw ADM’s on ordered broncos! Screw day 1 reservers who still have no bronco! Screw the top fiasco! Screw the bad batch of 2.7’s! Ford deserves unhindered praise and worship and they’ll readily fix all issues that arise even without complaints! Praise all!

yep

I’m sure it’ll rile some butt hurt up over there!

Sponsored

Salicrupa

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The dates for the bad batch span 3-4 months at this point. Does MAP keep the same box of valves for that long?
Well, it coincides with a lot of these engines sitting in trucks on Dirt Mountain because of the faulty MIC's so, yeah, I think a lot of the bad batches went into prod after being built for 6 months or so. By the time they started seeing failures they figured, well, "it's an anomally" and witjin their alloted failure %'s, It may just be just recently that they are raising an eyebrow because they have enough of a sample to narrow down the cause.

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Few questions:

1) Was the date range of failures modified based on the last few reports? Are we still looking at the same or is that expanding? Any involvement from members here in other forums that may suggest the range is wider?

2) Are there any reports of owners noticing noise other than just before failure? What I'm getting at - is there something diagnostic we could be doing now that would provide more data preceding potential failures? As previously discussed, tearing down engines isn't happening, but is there something non-invasive available to identify any leading indicators for failure? Any indication performance may be suffering, something that could be picked up in dyno, timing, compression measurements, other performance (etc?)

3) I'm assuming no, but can any root cause be done independent of the dealer or in coordination with a dealer? Sounds like all parts just go back to Ford - can someone get an independent expert in to look at one of these failures before it goes into the black hole?

Salicrupa

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

You know what- you are all right! We just shouldn’t point out issues/potential issues. It’s just negativity! It’s all good. MIC 1.0 probably only got recalled because enough people complained about snake skinning, leaks, pops, rattles, etc. We should have all just ignored it and instead praised Ford for taking our money for the privilege of buying a bronco with a crappy non functional top! Damn-what’s wrong with people these days wanting to get what they pay for!!! Ford does everything right and this should just be worshipped as a flawless entity. Screw ADM’s on ordered broncos! Screw day 1 reservers who still have no bronco! Screw the top fiasco! Screw the bad batch of 2.7’s! Ford deserves unhindered praise and worship and they’ll readily fix all issues that arise even without complaints! Praise all!

yep

No butt hurting here. I think we should all identify our issues. I mean, a car is the second largest purchase most of us do. However, as you point out, Ford did respond swiftly to the MIC issue. execution of the fix is still a little shitty but they admitted to it and did something about it. If it were an endemic issue we would have seen a significant and evident drop on 2.7L being built. I know we had some drop but I am still seeing a lot of 2.7L rolling off and being delivered.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No butt hurting here. I think we should all identify our issues. I mean, a car is the second largest purchase most of us do. However, as you point out, Ford did respond swiftly to the MIC issue. execution of the fix is still a little shitty but they admitted to it and did something about it. If it were an endemic issue we would have seen a significant and evident drop on 2.7L being built. I know we had some drop but I am still seeing a lot of 2.7L rolling off and being delivered.
I’m hoping that dip in 2.7’s was Ford finding and fixing an issue whether it was parts or process related and now the 2.7’s will have fewer failures. So far it’s a fairly narrow date range but that’s why this thread was started- to track it and see.
I understand some people love a brand and root them on and take it personally. But to ignore potential issues because of it is ludicrous. I drove Toyotas for 25 years and a Jeep now and have a Bronco on order. I drive what I like despite the brand. I never had a single issue on my Toyotas other than one door lock actuator went bad once. Zero other than that. But they got boring and never really updated. The engine- though very reliable- is just a dog. Interior and tech- way behind the times. Love my gladiator too! But really excited about the bronco. I’ve ALWAYS wanted one but was never in position to use one as my daily driver. This new one clicks most of the boxes for me so I’m hoping any issues are insignificant.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

yep

Do you know how we have discovered some of the slimeball dealers still manage to maintain high google reviews, why? because they hire third party marketing companies to monitor and "resolve" problem reviews.

Do you know how Bronco Notion maintains such high forum standards? because Ford hired Jackson Dawson, one of Ford's Marketing partners, to create and run it, along with the Off-Roadeo.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 1642019807487

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you know how we have discovered some of the slimeball dealers still manage to maintain high google reviews, why? because they hire third party marketing companies to monitor and "resolve" problem reviews.

Do you know how Bronco Notion maintains such high forum standards? because Ford hired Jackson Dawson, one of Ford's Marketing partners, to create and run it, along with the Off-Roadeo.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 1642019807487
Paid Shills.

Salicrupa

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m hoping that dip in 2.7’s was Ford finding and fixing an issue whether it was parts or process related and now the 2.7’s will have fewer failures. So far it’s a fairly narrow date range but that’s why this thread was started- to track it and see.
. But to ignore potential issues because of it is ludicrous. I drove Toyotas for 25 years and a Jeep now and have a Bronco on order. I drive what I like despite the brand. I never had a single issue on my Toyotas other than one door lock actuator went bad once. Zero other than that. But they got boring and never really updated. The engine- though very reliable- is just a dog. Interior and tech- way behind the times. Love my gladiator too! But really excited about the bronco. I’ve ALWAYS wanted one but was never in position to use one as my daily driver. This new one clicks most of the boxes for me so I’m hoping any issues are insignificant.
I understand some people love a brand and root them on and take it personally. You only have to see how some Jeep owners react to anyone posting about switching to a Bronco to understand that biased reaction. So emotional.

I am not really a Ford lover but I ain't a hater. In the last year I have owned a Jeep JK fully modified to off-road, a 2021 Land Rover Defender 90 ( I was a Defender fan because I owned a get TD5 110 years ago in New Zealand) and now the Bronco. I love Jeep but after modifying by re-gearing, lift and 35's it was just a stiff dog for every day driving. I loved it off-road. The Defender was awful, it had a ton of annoying issues with software bugs that disabled some critical systems and it was really expensive to mod. Great mall crawler but not awesome on a dirt road with a few ruts. The Bronco is great on both. I have a sasquatch OBX 4 door with the 2.7L. I love it but it needs a few mods before I can say it performs like my modded Jeep JKU did.

I guess my point is that, having experienced and seen the issues that Land Rover has had with their first release of the new generation of newly designed Defenders, Ford has done an amazing job at managing the First Born issues. A lot of you will open your eyes wide at that statement but just go to FB and take a look at a Land Rover Defender owners page so you can see the carnage of issues and catastrophes on a vehicle with a starting price point similar to the Bronco's Wild Trak and a top price of over $100k at MSRP. During my first 30 days of owning that Defender, it spent more time at the dealer than on the road. They have to even regress on what they offer. No more digital dash, glass roofs, etc... just a poorly handled release. Ford has been less than stellar but not as horrible.

When we opt to purchase a first release of a new generation we have to expect issues. So far, Ford has come through.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company once they finally decide to address the elephant in the room...

pizza-delivery-community.gif

followed by

1474016065-simpsons-grandpa.gif?crop=1xw:0.gif
Sponsored