First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX70
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just submitted my application to Ford to buy it back. We'll see what happens. It has been at the dealership for 40 days which is past the 30 day California Lemon Law rule. Dealership says they have the engine but are waiting on parts.
Sponsored

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You'd think Ford would voluntarily recall the impacted build dates because a valve job is much cheaper than replacing an engine. I'm part of the production dates impacted on here. I had to drive 2 hours west of my place last weekend in the middle of nowhere. I admit that for a moment the blown engines crossed my mind and I was a bit nervous. 2 mins later I'd forgotten all about it.

johngray95762

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX70
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree. I have a friend with some kind of little Kia - it had a significant engine recall last year. At this point I just want my money back

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
where Ford just shot themselves in the foot, is with the Mach-E recall, for quote "a possible sudden loss of power, which could lead to injury" So, sooner or later this exact scenario will happen with a 2.7, during a passing event, then a sudden loss of power..........................

how can you make that statement for the Mach-E and perform a recall, yet do NOTHING for the 2.7 which has a documented issue for a specific range of build-dates.

Come on @Ford, do your duty before something happens!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right now the only thing I'd give my Badlands up for is the Warthog.

Sponsored

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just submitted my application to Ford to buy it back. We'll see what happens. It has been at the dealership for 40 days which is past the 30 day California Lemon Law rule. Dealership says they have the engine but are waiting on parts.

Yikes! I waited over 2 months. I wasn't letting my Bronco go for anything!!! I waited too long for it and had hopes and dreams way before ordering!

What parts are you waiting on?? (I might have a spare bolt 😉)

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone with a 2.7 reported the sudden loss of power yet didn't actually blow their engine or drop a valve? I've had it happen to me a couple of times now while off-roading where suddenly I had almost now power to the pedal and a handful of warning/error messages both times, but after stopping for a minute and restarting the engine and driving a bit everyone went back to normal. I referenced one of my experiences in the thread below.

I just realized I have a 2.7 that was built on the 209th day of 2021 (July 28th last year) which happens to be one of the two dates with the most reported 2.7 failures. I haven't had any issues in the last 4,000+ miles and just did 2 tanks worth of wheeling last weekend near Mammoth, CA at high elevation and 240+ engine temps at times on some of the longer climbs with zero issues. I'm at 7,000 miles currently. The couple of issues I did have with sudden power loss were in the 1,000 to 2,000 mileage range.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hill-start-assist-failure.24658/post-936778

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone with a 2.7 reported the sudden loss of power yet didn't actually blow their engine or drop a valve? I've had it happen to me a couple of times now while off-roading where suddenly I had almost now power to the pedal and a handful of warning/error messages both times, but after stopping for a minute and restarting the engine and driving a bit everyone went back to normal. I referenced one of my experiences in the thread below.

I just realized I have a 2.7 that was built on the 209th day of 2021 (July 28th last year) which happens to be one of the two dates with the most reported 2.7 failures. I haven't had any issues in the last 4,000+ miles and just did 2 tanks worth of wheeling last weekend near Mammoth, CA at high elevation and 240+ engine temps at times on some of the longer climbs with zero issues. I'm at 7,000 miles currently. The couple of issues I did have with sudden power loss were in the 1,000 to 2,000 mileage range.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hill-start-assist-failure.24658/post-936778
I sense a fuel pump in your future.

I would fire up forscan or some other OBD-II program and datalog, see if you can log it happening.

johngray95762

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX70
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now you start working w Vehicle Acquisition side, which people say is very good/professional

Maybe think it over though - w a new '22 rev -AB engine you'd be in great position - am sure it would raise the value of your vehicle - and be much more reliable -
At worst, you could sell it yourself (i.e. Carvana) much more than you paid I bet - or just keep it, the bad valves will be gone
Agree it is a great vehicle but it is not one that I was actually looking to buy - my wife wanted it. I really could use a pick up or a regular SUV for what I need. And I will be looking at the market prices but I ended up paying $10k to the dealer to get the vehicle - so almost $69k for a OB with leather, Sasquatch and of course the 2.7L engine! And I am super busy with my job and prefer to get a check from Ford.

I have two friends with Broncos from the 1960s - those are awesome but I am not looking for that kind of project. I am actually looking at building a Factory Five Racing Daytona and will need a pickup to carry engines, diffs, etc. I also have a 2021 Vette - so I am more of a car guy. I have a 302 ready for the Daytona and am working on a friend to give me his TKO transmission when he puts in a TKX. So getting the money back from Ford would sponsor this project!

Sponsored

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
where Ford just shot themselves in the foot, is with the Mach-E recall, for quote "a possible sudden loss of power, which could lead to injury" So, sooner or later this exact scenario will happen with a 2.7, during a passing event, then a sudden loss of power..........................

how can you make that statement for the Mach-E and perform a recall, yet do NOTHING for the 2.7 which has a documented issue for a specific range of build-dates.

Come on @Ford, do your duty before something happens!
Just guessing, but maybe nobody has been injured due to a Bronco engine failure....yet!

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just guessing, but maybe nobody has been injured due to a Bronco engine failure....yet!
Guessing sudden loss of power in a mid sized EV is much more catastrophic to it's passengers than a giant brick of ICE. The Mach-E is much faster and has potentially explosive Li-Ion batteries contained within a smaller frame. Not sure about the Mach-E, but some EVs have been known to trap passengers inside the vehicle after loss of power because the the door opening mechanism is a powered button.

johngray95762

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX70
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ahh, now I get it - the lemon law says you get back all the money you paid, I believe - and I'd forgotten it was your wife's pick

and the time/logistics - now it makes sense
Owning the Bronco and making the one trip out into the Nevada desert to do some real off-roading has convinced me that I do want to be able to do those types of trips. But I also need a pickup, so I may end up with a pickup like the Tacoma 4WD that Ford/Enterprise gave me as a loaner - it is nowhere near as cool as the Bronco, and the motor is gutless, but it would give me the two vehicles in one. I realize I could buy a F150 or Ranger but I am not sold on Ford's right now - the Bronco does stand out (As does the Ford GT!)

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
3rd Ford recall this week!!!

Ford is recalling 2.9 MILLION vehicles after 10 reported incidents

The Ford Motor Co. is recalling over 2.9 million vehicles in the United States that could roll when parked. This is the third recall campaign Ford has issued this week, and the company by far leads all other auto manufacturers in recalls across the country this year.

The vehicles include “certain 2013-2019 Escape, 2013-2018 C-Max, 2013-2016 Fusion, 2013-2021 Transit Connect, and 2015-2018 Edge vehicles,” according to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) letter sent to Ford confirming their intention to recall.

The vehicles listed above may roll away when parked because a “bushing that attaches the shifter cable to the transmission may degrade or detach,” the letter states. “A damaged or missing bushing may prevent the vehicle from shifting into the intended gear, and cause the vehicle to move in an unexpected direction” while parked.

“Ford said it was aware of six reports alleging property damage and four reports of injuries potentially related to the recalled vehicles,” Reuters reported.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3rd Ford recall this week!!!

Ford is recalling 2.9 MILLION vehicles after 10 reported incidents

The Ford Motor Co. is recalling over 2.9 million vehicles in the United States that could roll when parked. This is the third recall campaign Ford has issued this week, and the company by far leads all other auto manufacturers in recalls across the country this year.

The vehicles include “certain 2013-2019 Escape, 2013-2018 C-Max, 2013-2016 Fusion, 2013-2021 Transit Connect, and 2015-2018 Edge vehicles,” according to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) letter sent to Ford confirming their intention to recall.

The vehicles listed above may roll away when parked because a “bushing that attaches the shifter cable to the transmission may degrade or detach,” the letter states. “A damaged or missing bushing may prevent the vehicle from shifting into the intended gear, and cause the vehicle to move in an unexpected direction” while parked.

“Ford said it was aware of six reports alleging property damage and four reports of injuries potentially related to the recalled vehicles,” Reuters reported.

I saw this on the news this morning. My first thought was about the 2.7 in the Bronc. But I guess because noone had the motor die on a busy 4 lane highway which ended up with someone being hurt then it does not warrant any action.

In other words 54 engine failures but no injuries so no action.

.......but 10 issues in other cars with injuries now we need a massive recall.

Gotta love how those bean counters think. Someone needs to get hurt before any action is taken.☹
Sponsored