James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
and worrying about it makes it better?

Again enjoy you Bronco. If you are unable to then buy something else that you will enjoy.
Nope, never said to worry about it. Simply saying be aware of what's going on with warranties coverages ahead of time rather than being surprised and coming on to the forum and sayin "wTf WHY didnt they cover X??"
Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had my battery junction box replaced, I had a bad aux6 switch that would power itself when vehicle was off and switch was in off position. Quoted time frame is exactly what it took for mine, actually had an additional week of repair becuase they replaced the aux panel first.

I was baffled when they told me not to drive the vehicle until the parts came in. It drove fine though, my 2.7L never died when I had bad parts.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@amcdermond : you've got a good attitude. with the vehicle being so new i can practically taste your disappointment and frustration. hopefully this isn't a deep gremlin. Honestly the forum tends to bump issues to the top but i actually have never encountered another 6G owner face to face with any kind of critical issue

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been warning people about this exact issue and I've been seeing a lot of stories revolving this.

The connecting terminals below the fusebox is VERY fickle. It very easily pops off and will kill the entire car. I had to have my dealership take a deep look when we tried switching out the fusebox (so I can install AUX switches).

I've been seeing more and more stories of people's car dying because the terminals below the fusebox unlatches itself somehow.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been warning people about this exact issue and I've been seeing a lot of stories revolving this.

The connecting terminals below the fusebox is VERY fickle. It very easily pops off and will kill the entire car. I had to have my dealership take a deep look when we tried switching out the fusebox (so I can install AUX switches).

I've been seeing more and more stories of people's car dying because the terminals below the fusebox unlatches itself somehow.
you got any photos of specifically where this it? I tightened the bolts holding the fusebox in place but I'd like to more clearly understand which connections your talking about.

Sponsored

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So when you disassemble the fuse box, there are three white connecting terminals, which you tighten with the three bolts.

so when you tighten the three bolts, it seems as if the terminal connectors are fully seated but it’s actually not. And it’ll loosen up over time and if disconnected in any way, the entire car basically shuts down.
I’ll see if I can find photos from when I was working on it.

OP
OP
amcdermond

amcdermond

Wildtrak
First Name
Annaliese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2Dr Wildtrak HOSS 3.0, 2020 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The interesting thing is that except for the engine itself, the electrical systems seemed just fine. The infotainment ran, I wasn't seeing a ton of electrical warnings. The engine just ran really rough for about 10 seconds when I tried to restart it. I would guess that if it really were the fusebox being lose that I'd see a lot more funkiness.

I also did not remove the fusebox for the radio install. The power wires are hooked directly to the Ford provided studs on the battery terminal connectors.

OP
OP
amcdermond

amcdermond

Wildtrak
First Name
Annaliese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just an update for those that care. I called the dealer today to check up on things and apparently they now think it’s the PDU. They’re trying to order the part, but they are telling me they have no clue when they’ll be able to get one in. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement.

I also expressed my displeasure to the Ford Customer Relation Center. We’ll see if they bother to do anything about it.

OP
OP
amcdermond

amcdermond

Wildtrak
First Name
Annaliese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One last update for those who are interested.

After about three weeks of the PCM being on back order, I wrote a letter to Ford corporate. I sent copies to Jim Farley’s office, Customer Relations and to the address on file with the Oregon Secretary of State for the service of legal process. I informed them that they had a week to fix it before Oregon’s Lemon Law came into play. I told them that I really didn’t want a buyback or anything like that, but I asked for some concessions if the deadline were not to have been met. (Full disclosure; I used to be a lawyer in Oregon before I decided to do technology again).

The following week I received a call from a “Consumer Affairs Legal Analyst” with Ford who offered to run things down for me. I let him know what the situation was and he worked on finding out about expediting the part. A couple of days later Ford shipped the part to the dealer overnight FedEx and the dealership got right on it. I now have my Bronco repaired and it seems to be running okay for the moment. I am still waiting to hear from Ford regarding my requests to them for compensation for the inconvenience.

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Found this post searching for articles on a similar issue. Bought a new 2022 Big Bend 2 dr. on Saturday (2/4). Had 47 miles on it when I test drove it. Had about a 3 hour drive home. It cut out twice before it finally died while going down the highway on the drive home a little over 2 hours into the trip. Finally able to get it refired and got it home. Took it to local dealer on Monday (2/6). Said its likely the battery junction box. Found a dealer across the country with one. Part expected to arrive on 2/14. These things happen, it just hurts more on the first drive home.

I do plan on getting in touch with Customer Relations just for the mere fact I would expect a little happier first few hours of owning a Bronco.

Sponsored
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, 79 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Base

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
See below for similar issue to yours and OP's if you haven't already seen. They seem to say it is the junction box first and then move on to PCM. Took over a month to get the PCM after they ordered. Best of luck that yours just ends up being the junction box.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/641-miles-on-2-7-bronco-and-here-comes-the-tow-truck.60828/
Well after reading your comments and the link, it came as no surprise that after waiting 9 days the new junction box didn't fix the issue. Service manager felt it had to be the PCM and zero are available with no eta for new orders. Called Ford Customer Relations for a 2nd time in 2 days. They talked with service manager and will have full response tomorrow but did approve my part request as high priority.

Also got a loaner vehicle, a brand new 2023 Explorer with 20 miles on it. And to think I was waiting to see a Focus or Fiesta.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well after reading your comments and the link, it came as no surprise that after waiting 9 days the new junction box didn't fix the issue. Service manager felt it had to be the PCM and zero are available with no eta for new orders. Called Ford Customer Relations for a 2nd time in 2 days. They talked with service manager and will have full response tomorrow but did approve my part request as high priority.

Also got a loaner vehicle, a brand new 2023 Explorer with 20 miles on it. And to think I was waiting to see a Focus or Fiesta.
Can you provide an update please

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you provide an update please
I'm at around 1200 miles, or roughly 940 miles on new PCM, and have not had any similar issues. Ford Customer Relations told me while it was in the shop they often give extended warranty in cases like this as a measure of good will. I have called and left the case manager two voicemail and emailed her formally requesting an extended warranty and they havent called or emailed and it's been over a month. Dealer told me to open a reacquired vehicle case in order to push them into doing it.
Sponsored