Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep mine is a 22, picture attached. My p/n is ET4E-6750-BF D454A

20220124_120112.jpg

Awesome thanks

These guys know more they might wanna see it with the oil checked to see the level…
Sponsored

Due51

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome thanks

These guys know more they might wanna see it with the oil checked to see the level…
Yea, I'd be interested to see the oil level A) after the proper warm up/15 minute rest and B) cold the morning after. I understand that's asking a lot, but it's in the name of science lol.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea, I'd be interested to see the oil level A) after the proper warm up/15 minute rest and B) cold the morning after. I understand that's asking a lot, but it's in the name of science lol.
I'll put it on my list to do. I'll do when I get home this afternoon and in the morning.

Due51

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well we need the dipstick part number, not out of a 22 model, but out of a 22 engine. I'm eagerly waiting to see at what point Ford stops putting in the 21 engines.

Sounds like they may have already redesigned the heads back in November.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I contacted Ford customer service through the chat feature on Ford.com
The person that helped me said the dip stick part number for my VIN (2021 Badlands with the 2.7L) is MB3Z-6750-B

My dipstick part number is FT4E-6750-BF.
Bronco dipstick.jpg

Online customer service couldn't help beyond that and directed me to my dealer.
I called my dealer and talked to two people and transferred to a 3rd. They want me to bring it in and check it out themselves. They said they'd even do an oil change from start to finish for a more thorough examination. I'd do that if they replaced my fresh Amsoil with Amsoil and an Amsoil filter.
The only problem with this, well besides the amsoil, is they would have to let it sit and drain for hours to be able to get most of the oil out. I don't know if they would be willing to do that, or even know that they need to do that.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I checked completely cold this morning, and while it’s very hard to discern where the “line” is, I assume was reading over because the max fill hole had oil in it.

Drained 0.5qt (which puts it at exactly 6 going in), and it now reads just below the max fill hole completely cold.

So it looks like my experience is mirroring others in that even after letting drain for an excessive amount of time, it only took 6 to get to max…

Will re-check warm (15 mins after turning off). This is so dumb. One part of your gut says to assume the stick is wrong because of how long you let it drain and the fact that they claim it has 7qt capacity. But the stick is the only measuring tool we have, so to disobey it means you’re 100% blind guessing.
I've been waiting for someone to do this.

Note your dipstick when totally cold sitting overnight.

Warm up your engine and then note your dipstick after the infamous Ford 15 minutes.

Then let everything completely drain back and in the perfect world, see how long it takes to get the dipstick to register the same as #1 (So we know how many hours it really takes)

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn't check this morning, was running late. But this after a complete warm up and a 15 minute cool down. Best I can tell it's right at the 2nd hole.

20220125_095112.jpg

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well we need the dipstick part number, not out of a 22 model, but out of a 22 engine. I'm eagerly waiting to see at what point Ford stops putting in the 21 engines.

Sounds like they may have already redesigned the heads back in November.
???
what do you mean they redesigned the heads? where did you hear that?

PulltheLeverBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Platinum 2014 Flex Limited w/Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m so confused. The manual says check the oil before starting the engine or after at least 15 minutes. Either way, I find the dipstick very hard to read.

I just did my first oil change at 5150ish miles. Replaced with Mobil 1 truck & suv full synthetic. Carries the required 961 rating according to bottle.

I let it the warm oil drain for 45+ minutes with oil filter housing removed, oil fill cap removed, and even dipstick unseated to allow as much air in as possible. My drain pan doesn’t have exact measurements but it looked above 6 (as judged by eye between 5 & 10 markers). I put 6.5 in, did the flat foot crank, started, idled for 10, and tried to check after 15 mins. Tbh I can’t tell where the hell the oil is on the dipstick.

Then drove around the block, think I’ll check in the morning before starting it (as the manual states), but people in this thread saying you don’t want to check completely cold? That seems to differ from what the manual says.

TL;DR I changed my oil and have no idea how to tell if the appropriate amount is now in there lol. I don’t have a ton of experience doing my own oil changes, but I’ve always been able to read a dipstick…
Pardon me on this...but uh "my friend" wants to know what Flat Foot Crank is or how to do it - "he" will be sooo thankful!

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've been waiting for someone to do this.

Note your dipstick when totally cold sitting overnight.

Warm up your engine and then note your dipstick after the infamous Ford 15 minutes.

Then let everything completely drain back and in the perfect world, see how long it takes to get the dipstick to register the same as #1 (So we know how many hours it really takes)
So far the only data I have is:
- Completely cold (right below full hole)
- 15 mins after being at full temp (3/4 to top hole, right near top of hatched area)
- Several hours after being at full temp (right below full hole)

And this is with 6qts

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Pardon me on this...but uh "my friend" wants to know what Flat Foot Crank is or how to do it - "he" will be sooo thankful!
Hold brake and gas all the way to the floor, then press start button. Will prime/crank/ whatever you want to call it without igniting for a few seconds. Then can release feet and start as normal

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

NotApplicable

First Edition