Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wheelbase looks really short. Was hoping for a useable back seat and cargo. Maybe I’m wrong. I really hope I am.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wheelbase looks really short. Was hoping for a useable back seat and cargo. Maybe I’m wrong. I really hope I am.
I’m curious how it will work. Honestly a Jeep isn’t too bad to be in the back seat of, vs something like a mustang. It isn’t a luxury vehicle for sure but I had some friends that took a TJ on a 3 hour trip one way just a few months ago. They weren’t comfortable but they survived.

Amos Moses

Base
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finally a look at a production prototype 2 door,as a 2 door buyer I am satisfied with the looks but it would be great if it was a little longer. Would love FSB size with EB looks but it is what it is.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excited and concerned at the same time.
I REALLY want a 2 door, but I was hoping for a few more inches over the Wrangler. 100" seemed like a good number. Can't tell where this sits relative to the JK, so who knows.
If it's just the same as a JK, I won't feel so bad when Ford disappoints me by not offering a manual, or a manual on base model only. Still hopeful, but probably need to lower my expectations.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m curious how it will work. Honestly a Jeep isn’t too bad to be in the back seat of, vs something like a mustang. It isn’t a luxury vehicle for sure but I had some friends that took a TJ on a 3 hour trip one way just a few months ago. They weren’t comfortable but they survived.
Well, in my Isuzu, the backseat is surprisingly roomy, and the cargo is also nice. A couple inches more cargo and it would be perfect. That’s my hope for the Bronco. People and cargo in a 2-door.

Deleted member 2346

An interesting comment from our friends over at Blue Oval Forums ...

1581120774926.gif

Like we've estimated before, the 2-door Bronco is probably going to be smaller than the baby.
Only in length/wheelbase though. Big difference from being smaller overall

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, I am not sure that I understand all of the complaints about the size of the 2Dr. If it is too small, the 4dr is only just over a foot longer. If you want the extra cargo space, having an extra set of door helps to access all the cargo you intend to use.

But, if you want a short wheelbase, i.e. those of us who rock, mud, trail, or drift (our canadian friend here), there is nothing you can do to make it shorter, there is no replacement, no other option.

So if you want more room, you get the 4dr, if you want less room/shorter wheel base, the 2dr.

It will be wider inside than the wrangler, and bythe looks, have more front to back interior space since the hood isn't as long as the wranglers (granted the windshield is tilted further back, so the driver may be in the same spot in both, relatively).

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2 door doesn't work for me at all. I need something I can sleep in when out in the woods fishing.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah this looks more like a 2dr wrangler size. You get either useable back seat OR decent cargo space, not both at the same time.

For me, that’s preferable. For others, the 4 door wheelbase might be more your size?

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excited and concerned at the same time.
I REALLY want a 2 door, but I was hoping for a few more inches over the Wrangler. 100" seemed like a good number. Can't tell where this sits relative to the JK, so who knows. ...
It would appear a little more internally spacious, at least for the front seat. The Wranglers use some of that wheelbase for the engine compartment and push the front axle forward for better stability. The Bronco appears to use nearly the entire wheelbase for the front row with the windshield and dash farther forward. Some of that could be lost in the positioning of the front seat and the mechanism for access to the presumed rear seat though.

We'll need to see it with the doors off to get a better idea of how many Big Americans can be packed in there.

Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! B v W compare Stampede

Amos Moses

Base
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK, I am not sure that I understand all of the complaints about the size of the 2Dr. If it is too small, the 4dr is only just over a foot longer. If you want the extra cargo space, having an extra set of door helps to access all the cargo you intend to use.

But, if you want a short wheelbase, i.e. those of us who rock, mud, trail, or drift (our canadian friend here), there is nothing you can do to make it shorter, there is no replacement, no other option.

So if you want more room, you get the 4dr, if you want less room/shorter wheel base, the 2dr.

It will be wider inside than the wrangler, and bythe looks, have more front to back interior space since the hood isn't as long as the wranglers (granted the windshield is tilted further back, so the driver may be in the same spot in both, relatively).
Not trying to be negative about the 2dr just sayin it would be nice to have some more room without adding 2 more doors. I had my mind made up on the 2dr since the tarped image was shown. To me a bronco is a 2dr and that is the only way I would buy one as I will Just be using it haul my dogs and gear when I go hunting, fishing or Wheelin through the Backwoods, I hope that's understandable.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm guessing this might put the Moanon renders to bed?
2bc6d21a-9748-4a26-9dba-9da2fa2c833a-jpeg.jpg

b-v-w-compare-stampede-png.png