MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just wanted to a photo of an actual two door. Thanks.
Sponsored

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have recently decided to switch to a BD 2 door from base, can you get any pictures of the front floorboards with the carpet mats installed by chance?

OP
OP
KingWillard

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sweet rig! I love the way it looks in those two pictures. The blue BD trim and black steelies look good with iconic silver. I can respect that you've mostly been a Toyota man. Is this your first Ford?

You mentioned some comparisons in your review, but can you elaborate more on how it compares to the Tacoma? For context, I'm driving a '21 TRD Offroad with the 6 speed manual. I have a 2-door black diamond with the 7MT on order for 2022. I'd be curious to see what your thoughts are on how the transmissions, engines, suspension, 4wd systems, and "ease of use" compare.
This is essentially my first Ford. I had a ā€˜90 Festiva , so Iā€™m not sure if that counts. My most recent truck was a ā€˜19 Tacoma TRD Off-road 4 door shortbed automatic 6 cyl. The Bronco feels a little more torquey and powerful than that Tacoma, but not drastically. Itā€™s more eager on steep hills though in that it really pulls when you downshift or have it in the right gear. It feels like it is just really grabbing. The Toyota had no problem with getting up stuff like that, it just did not feel as aggressive. The Tacoma felt bouncy and almost boat like to me. Pretty smooth, not really jarring. The Bronco feels tighter and handles generally better with less body roll and nose dive. Itā€™s not jarring on bumpy stuff, but not as soft as the Tacoma. I am generally happy to decide when to put my truck into 4h, 4L, and when to lock the diff. I do like the placement of the lock, traction control, 4wd, modes, etc. buttons better on the Bronco. They are easier to see and more consolidated which makes them significantly easier to use to me. The GOAT modes are kinda cool. They take a little out of the guesswork and make other adjustments that are helpful. There is a noticeable difference between Sport and Normal for instance, and Sport is really fun. Hope thatā€™s helpful, but not too long. I tend to go off about the Bronco.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KingWillard

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did it damage the paint on your roll bar? Using a ceiling hoist to remove the top by myself, the top got caught in that exact same spot of the roll bar and instead of damaging the MIC top, it put a scrape down to bare metal on the roll bar. Iā€™ve ordered touch up primer and paint.
HA! I just looked at that and there were some surface scratches. I guess I know what to be more cautious of now.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
KingWillard

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have recently decided to switch to a BD 2 door from base, can you get any pictures of the front floorboards with the carpet mats installed by chance?
Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Black Diamond Review After 600 Miles and 3 Weeks 12EA8B1F-2A8F-4BAC-B69C-3329C4C69296
Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Black Diamond Review After 600 Miles and 3 Weeks 11472BD4-67E3-4CEF-9DB8-016E8CC9BF4D

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
SOOOOO much better looking than the 4 door soft top version!!! THIS is what a Bronco is supposed to look like!

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed the visors being a tad too big too, flipped them down the other day and had to crook my head to gain better sight out the window. And I agree not enough nooks for holding my crap, but agree these things are awesomeā€¦

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SOOOOO much better looking than the 4 door soft top version!!! THIS is what a Bronco is supposed to look like!
Nah thatā€™s just a matter of opinion, both are pretty bad ass. I dig the shit out of my 4 door.

3B4068FC-A17B-4E49-9C18-7F3D1FB3EA42.jpeg

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This site desperately needed more 2dr content, thanks. Seeing nothing but 4dr soft tops day after day is an excitement killer.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The four door is not terrible, just needs to fix the back of the top and make it less boxy. I didnā€™t mind the fast back tops.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Using a ceiling hoist to remove the top by myself, the top got caught in that exact same spot of the roll bar and instead of damaging the MIC top,
I'm working on using a crane to lift the MIC straight up. Are you saying that it will not clear the roll bar ? The times I took the top off we lifted and walked it back. Thanks
Sponsored