Sponsored

2-door Bronco rear headrest removal possible?

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I realize this is about 9 months old and you probably figured this out already, but I thought I'd reply with a solution for other folks like me searching for an answer. If you'll slide up the headrest cover and pad, you'll see black plastic donuts on the rods. They have wire holders that act like C clips. You can push them to the open position with a tiny flatblade screwdriver without popping them all the way off and slide the headrests up just like the fronts.
Will this remove just the head rest and leave the post? Because I would like to remove the post also.
Sponsored

Angus Murphy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will this remove just the head rest and leave the post? Because I would like to remove the post also.
Sorry, just the headrest. Although I did see a couple of small bolt heads (8mm-ish) where the posts mounted to the seat that might do the trick. Not sure, though. I didn't really investigate it.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, I would have thought they would be removeable, never thought about it. I keep mine folded down- they really obstruct the rearward view. Have not had any back seat passengers yet.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, just the headrest. Although I did see a couple of small bolt heads (8mm-ish) where the posts mounted to the seat that might do the trick. Not sure, though. I didn't really investigate it.
Well, when I get home in two weeks, I'll do a write up on how hard they are to remove. Cause I want mine gone.

Angus Murphy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, when I get home in two weeks, I'll do a write up on how hard they are to remove. Cause I want mine gone.
I don't have a problem with the headrest itself, but the lack of a quick release made the installation of my PRP covers slightly more challenging.

Sponsored

Vladytom

Badlands
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello. Any update here? One of my 2 door Bronco headrest was a non-MGV (unlike the other 3). I have just received a replacement from Ford corporate. Dealer has no clue how to replace… Need to do the switch asap.
TiA

Last edited:

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, Wildtrak 2dr here...

I looked into this earlier in the year. They can be unmounted / removed but you need to unzip and the pull the seat cover to get to it.

Angus Murphy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello. Any uodate here? One of my 2 door Bronco headrest was a non-MGV (unlike the other 3). I havejust received a replacement from Ford corporate. Dealer has no clue how to replace… Need to do the switch asap.
TiA
If you're just having to pull the headrest (and not the rods), take a look at my previous post from August 4. It's not difficult once you know what you're looking for. Not hard, but not "quick release" either.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello. Any uodate here? One of my 2 door Bronco headrest was a non-MGV (unlike the other 3). I havejust received a replacement from Ford corporate. Dealer has no clue how to replace… Need to do the switch asap.
TiA
Your dealer sucks, confidence inspiring...

Vladytom

Badlands
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take a Dremel and cut them off. LOL
I hate the friggin things. If I fold the rear seats down, they push the bottom cushion against the back of my driver's seat. Whoever designed the rear seat should be fired.

Reactions: Rat

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't have a problem with the headrest itself, but the lack of a quick release made the installation of my PRP covers slightly more challenging.
Now I'll need to try this. I ran into same issue trying to install PRP rear covers! Thanks for sharing.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On the bases, is there a small pin hole opposite the button to adjust? If there is you may be able to stick a small punch in there to depress the lock lever and get them off.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely idiotic that you can't remove the rear seat headrests. They block my vision, and I won't be having many backseat passengers other than my dog.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Absolutely idiotic that you can't remove the rear seat headrests. They block my vision, and I won't be having many backseat passengers other than my dog.
They're easy enough to fold down so that they don't block your vision. They're still in the way of some stuff you put in the back, but the view is clear.
Sponsored