2 door rear seats NOT removable

Iron Ox

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Would have been perfect if seats were designed like jeeps.
Advertisement

Haulin455

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Well looks like I’m reluctantly switching to the 4 door. Poor design choice if the rear seats are not [easily] removable when you have limited cargo room in the 2 door.

Seems like Ford put more thought and consideration into the 4 door opposed to the 2 door. But I’m not surprised considering the 4 door will sell more.

OP

beachman101

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crv
Clubs

Well looks like I’m reluctantly switching to the 4 door. Poor design choice if the rear seats are not [easily] removable when you have limited cargo room in the 2 door.

Seems like Ford put more thought and consideration into the 4 door opposed to the 2 door. But I’m not surprised considering the 4 door will sell more.
bean counters will look at sales of the wrangler 4 door and say "this will sell better" without asking why

rmc523

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So question to those considering the two door....

With that 4" step from the folded rear seats to the cargo area that they seem "solve" in the 4 door by offering the slide out tailgate, would you rather just lose that 4" of extra vertical height in the cargo area and have them just raise the cargo floor to be even with the 2nd row folded down instead of the uneven layout now?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma, 2016 Camaro, 2018 Indian
Clubs

With that 4" step from the folded rear seats to the cargo area that they seem "solve" in the 4 door by offering the slide out tailgate, would you rather just lose that 4" of extra vertical height in the cargo area and have them just raise the cargo floor to be even with the 2nd row folded down instead of the uneven layout now?

Of course not. No one here is saying give us less space. We want the seats out, not folded, because we want more space.

OP

beachman101

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crv
Clubs

I was going to buy the non existent 2 door tray specifically for this

so yes

I need to get my dog in the car , and it needs to be as level as possible. I would give up 4 inches of vertical "space" for my dog

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
I'm not a DIY kind'a guy. Not putting a torch to a $50K car.

It helps to remember WHO the maker is here. I think Tesla has sold what...10-12 cars...and their corporate value is TEN times higher than Ford's.

Don't know how many 2-door Broncos Ford intended to sell....but they'll sell fewer now.

Bullseye

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I would've been satisfied if they came up with an under storage tray that levels everything out. I could store some gear in there or something and when the back seats are folded, it'd be flat. I get it that some of us can make something or buy it on the aftermarket, but that's not the point when you spend $50k for a vehicle that apparently wasn't thought out all the way.

Advertisement

Advertisement