First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I get a Sasquatch with a manual, will it come with my own Sasquatch like the one in the commercial? Or is that a dealer add? Asking for a friend.
I'd hold out for the Jack Links Squatch in that case...he seems personable.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People keep saying this... but that's not what the language of that memo says.

But you know, I've been accused of low reading comprehension, so... take my position with a grain of salt.

;)
Yep, people got all worked up and repeat the drama inducing gloom and doom. The documents are crystal clear. There have been some behind the scene changes on a formula that nobody here knew existed, nobody knows what was in the original, nor the changed version. They have no idea if it is a minor change that affects a few hundred people, or a major one that affects half the converted reservations. They don't know if it help, hurts, or is completely neutral to them specifically.

How can someone think Ford is going to tell folks holding half of the converted reservations (Ford calls them 'orders') that they cannot get their orders unless the dealership meets historical guidelines?

The real concern folks should have is that dealers will not put the converted reservations in the chronological order of the reservation creation. ADM payers/friends/family buyers could then have their orders entered first. (I suggest everyone go back to the reservation FAQ/site and read it without the assumption that Ford intends to fill orders on the chronological order that reservations was made. It reads more like production will be based on when the dealer converts a reservation to an order in December/January. Pay special attention to the very clear way Ford differentiates 'reservation' from 'order' everywhere else in those documents) Unbiased readings of both reservation and allocation changes do not support popular sentiment.

Mr. Danger, I suggest you give up on trying to educate the screaming mob, kick back, enjoy a beer, if that is your pleasure, and watch the show.

Not insinuating Granger would do such a thing, notwithstanding the thread topic

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, people got all worked up and repeat the drama inducing gloom and doom. The documents are crystal clear. There have been some behind the scene changes on a formula that nobody here knew existed, nobody knows what was in the original, nor the changed version. They have no idea if it is a minor change that affects a few hundred people, or a major one that affects half the converted reservations. They don't know if it help, hurts, or is completely neutral to them specifically.

[...]

Mr. Danger, I suggest you give up on trying to educate the screaming mob, kick back, enjoy a beer, if that is your pleasure, and watch the show.
lNUh0uV.gif

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because of logistics we can’t expect every Bronco to be made in numerical order but within reason, they will be distrusted roughly in the ordered reserved.
Personally, I distrust everyone equally. ?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One note on the formula that I’m going to get flamed for saying by some people here:

The infamous dealer memo allocation formula doesn’t actually say that 50% of reservations are guaranteed and the other will depend on the variables... it says that the number of reservations a dealer has accounts for 50% of the formula. (In other words, the formula weighs the number of reservations as much as all the other variables combined. It doesn't make any statements about what the formula actually is.)

This isn’t to say that everyone shouldn’t prepare themselves for some funny math that causes a delay in delivery or impacts different dealers in different ways... just that anyone purporting to know exactly what the formula is, or which dealers it will affect and how, is making some assumptions we don’t have enough info to make.

Here’s the language. Point 2 Bullet 3. Note is says “converted reservations [...] will account for 50% of the dealer allocation formula...”

Some people here have interpreted that to mean “dealer allocation will be 50% of converted reservations...” (but that's not what it says)

All I know is that there isn’t enough info to know anything.

Ford Bronco $2000 off Invoice on October Bronco Reservations at Granger Ford lNUh0uV
He's a smaht guy - he's from MA!

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

New Badlands 4-door reservation choosing Granger Ford. I will be traveling from Dallas to pick up.
Ford Bronco $2000 off Invoice on October Bronco Reservations at Granger Ford lNUh0uV
We need to stay in touch I'll also be coming from Dallas, placed my reservation a few days ago. It would be nice to have a road trip buddy as this will be my longest road trip, also first time in an offroad vehicle going that distance

Sponsored

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just reserved with Granger, hoping the additional wait will permit some accessories and options to shake loose. I am guessing that if they do, I will have to submit a change order but given my theoretical place in line, that should not be an issue. In any event, looking forward to dealing with Granger (first time ever I have said that about a car dealership).