Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For whomever looked at my diagrams before...they were terribly wrong and have now been corrected!
I spent a while going through and editing everything - I was taught to clean up my messes.

A proper thanks to everyone who set me straight!
Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For whomever looked at my diagrams before...they were terribly wrong and have now been corrected!
I spent a while going through and editing everything - I was taught to clean up my messes.

A proper thanks to everyone who set me straight!
And the diagram is perfectly organized now and makes it easy for everyone to understand. Good work!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done all of my own wiring for many years now. Everything I've done goes through relays and switches to control them. Either the video is confusing or Ford's wiring is confusing. All of those wire connections should already be done. I don't get it.
All six wires from the aux switches go to a common place under the hood. From there, you choose which switch you want to wire up (probably based on the amps you need), then choose where you want power to go for that switch. For example, up by the grille, maybe for your own fog/driving lights. Connect the wire from the switch to the wire that goes to the grille. Then at the grille, wire up your lights.

The process is the same for the others, except for the roof or rear cargo wires, you'll make an additional connection at the glove box.

If you wire up enough stuff, you may need to run your own wire from under the hood to wherever you are going to power something, as there are more switches than pre-wired access points. It's basically just connecting the dots to get from the switch to wherever you need the power.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's basically just connecting the dots to get from the switch to wherever you need the power.
And that's what wiring is all about. Connect the dots. Once you understand that it gets a lot easier.

Sponsored

JackAndKoke24

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there are 3 open circuits that start at the glove box, why does Ford not run at least 3 (4 would of been better) from the engine bay to the glove box. To me this seems half-assed or just being cheap. If they are going to prewire, why not prewire enough for these open circuits? I get they don't need to run 6 wires to the rear, and six wires to the roof, and 6 wires to some other point. But come on, WHY only 2 to the glove box?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there are 3 open circuits that start at the glove box, why does Ford not run at least 3 (4 would of been better) from the engine bay to the glove box. To me this seems half-assed or just being cheap. If they are going to prewire, why not prewire enough for these open circuits? I get they don't need to run 6 wires to the rear, and six wires to the roof, and 6 wires to some other point. But come on, WHY only 2 to the glove box?
There is a balance between providing some value and putting in parts that will never be used by a majority of the owners.

In this case they have prewired only the areas which are the most difficult to wire after the vehicle is built such as up the windshield frame and to the back of the vehicle. Which is why there are only two to the glove box, by leaving them loose you get to choose which switch to connect where. Again, they are providing the tools to allow you to modify as you want.

This is a huge benefit to the 10-25% of owners who will actually add stuff to those places.

ccameron511

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So as long as I keep that switch on at all times (side for tailgate situations) I can just wire the lights for an orange bar like below and always keep the switch on? Wow, what a musical.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions ADC3B5ED-4DDD-4A9C-B0F3-8D542FCD8F2D

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've done all of my own wiring for many years now. Everything I've done goes through relays and switches to control them. Either the video is confusing or Ford's wiring is confusing. All of those wire connections should already be done. I don't get it.
Yeah, me too. What I don't understand is if one circuit runs to the rear quarter panel and one circuit runs up the A-piller to the windshield header, why are those two circuits terminated behind the glove box? Why not run them all the way to the junction box under the hood?

What also should be explained is the switches are single-pole single-throw meaning every circuit is body-ground. So is there a body-ground terminal at the rear quarter panel and one in the windshield header? Lastly the pictograph says the switches are labeled AUX 1 to 6 but refer to them as "Relays", so does that mean there are relays in the under-hood junction box (Fuse Box A)?

I think I'll just wait until my Bronco arrives to worry about it. And it's an American truck, can't we use AWG terminology. Just sayin'

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly, these wires look very small to be powering something such as an amplifier. Unless you are talking about a small amplifier 100w or less.

I don't see how a thin wire like that can pull 25 amp... (aux 1)

Peter

edit: here's some reference charts. 25A requires 12 AWG. and 12 AWG has wire thickness of 0.08 inch (just over 5/64), or 2.05mm in metric. I may be way off eyeballing the wires in the video, but it doesn't look anywhere near thick enough.

1615004433822.png
That chart is for 120V AC house wiring, not 12 - 14 volt DC automotive wiring.

Last edited:

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
bronco-aux-switches-upfitter-wiring-diagram-jpeg.jpg

Here's my take on it. I think it's better as a diagram than an illustration.
The diagram prepared by @swooshdave is brilliant!

Now we can see more clearly how Ford has given us three circuits that are prewired back to the power box. They are B1, B2, and C. You can always use circuits D and/or E, but in doing so you use up B1 and/or B2.

I like how this design is way more than most buyers will ever use. Big thank you to Ford!

I also like how this requires careful thought as to how circuits will be used. You would be wise to separate in your mind the “need to have” versus “nice to have” gear and the preferred placement of each. Finally, will be the amps needed for each device, so you know where to connect in the power box.

With this new vision in mind, my tentative plan is outlined below.
Circuit B1 = GMRS Radio
Circuit B2 = TBD, either passenger compartment air compressor or link into Circuit E for rear chase light.
Circuit C = Fog lights.
Circuit D = No plans to use currently.
New Circuit F = Pod lights.
New Circuit G = Winch
New Circuit H = TBD, air compressor in the engine compartment.

This plan requires that I hold off using Circuit B2 and Circuit E until the air compressor location is determined.

Also in this plan, I may not have a rear chase light via Circuit E since the air compressor would need circuit B2 and perhaps Circuit E. In that case, I will explore using the new circuit H for a low-mounted light bar on the front bumper.

For me, lots of options and no limitations. Nice, real nice!
Sponsored