First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had an Explorer, Escape, F-150, and Ranger. Don't get me wrong, when you need a truck bed, nothing comes close to supplementing unless it's, well, a truck bed. But those times where I've absolutely NEEDED a truck bed aren't super common. Sure they happen but my vehicle isn't a work truck and I have no problem tossing anything that fits into the trunk area of a Bronco, especially when you can just hose it out.

I'm prioritizing roof & doors off driving in NC 8+ months of the year over the 1-2 times a year I truly needed that truck bed.
When I truly need a truck bed, I'll just go rent one from Lowe's
Sponsored

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm guessing probably a larger deposit.
If a dealer is asking for additional money down at time of order, choose a different one. Nothing else should be required beyond $100 reservation deposit to get the order placed.

NotOJ

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d love the time for bigger down payment as well but with the reservation, my down payment is due in December when I finalize, no matter when it finally gets built.
It's not going to work that way. When you go buy a vehicle, you give them your whole down payment because the vehicle is there. Then you take delivery usually the same day or the next. In this case they will most likely asked for like a five hundred or thousand dollar deposit to secure your order. Then when you're Bronco comes in, you can give them your final down payment and they can work up the contract right there as you take delivery.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rumors I've see are that the Hummer could start at 100K...

Sounds like you truly weren't a Bronco customer then anyway.

---

My view on this - yes, I'm disappointed it'll take longer. BUT. We've waited for this vehicle since 2017.........what's a couple of months?

Them saying deliveries extending into 2022 doesn't mean everyone will get them that late. They can't deliver EVERYONE'S Bronco on June 10th, 2021 regardless. It'll be over time. And this is coming from someone who's likely pushed back later due to my wanting Velocity Blue - a late availability color, so I may wind up with a 2022 MY because of that. Am I thrilled? No. Is it the end of the world? No. But I also realize I have 1 vehicle that's paid off (and I"m considering selling soon instead of waiting for trade), and another I'm making payments on, so I"m not in the same situation as some that are leasing. COVID has certainly screwed up Ford's timing, and I"m guessing that Ford is also updating to a later date and hoping to "overdeliver" and get them out earlier than this says.

Another possibility thats been mentioned is that perhaps the info displayed on Ford's site is for NEW reservations from this point on, and perhaps ones that already have them will apply to the previous info. We'll see.
They weren’t making a car for me as a manual enthusiast. So you’re probably right on that.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm guessing probably a larger deposit.
That’s very dealer dependant.
Not all will charge a deposit especially with the potential of waiting another 12-18 months before you even get the rig to your dealership..

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not going to work that way. When you go buy a vehicle, you give them your whole down payment because the vehicle is there. Then you take delivery usually the same day or the next. In this case they will most likely asked for like a five hundred or thousand dollar deposit to secure your order. Then when you're Bronco comes in, you can give them your final down payment and they can work up the contract right there as you take delivery.
I would be very leery of putting down a large deposit or down payment for a vehicle that could take another year to arrive to your dealership.

Clayhildreth

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Base
So this is posted on the Ford website now for the Bronco. This seems to answer a few questions I’ve seen in here somewhere.

“Deliveries are targeted to begin in June 2021.” [originally April]

“Deliveries may extend in to the 2022 calendar year.” Oh boy........

Who here will wait until 2022 for a Bronco?

112775065_4092719534132316_4029297312504073054_o.jpg
I'm willing to wait but it is such a bummer!

Clayhildreth

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess they thought they’d sell more Bronco Sport. Not sure why higher demand for the 2 and 4 door would push back begin ship date by two months ?
Don't you think that they could speed up the testing process this year and then maybe start orders sooner to try and get production started sooner or is this too hard to do?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If a dealer is asking for additional money down at time of order, choose a different one. Nothing else should be required beyond $100 reservation deposit to get the order placed.
You may be right, but I've ordered my last 7 cars and with all of them had to put down $1000. Now, these were BMWs, so Ford may be different.

Not sure they will care since even if they build your car and don't claim it, a dealership is confident they'd be able to sell it no problem.

I'm still debating whether or not will make a down payment. Now is a good time to keep cash in hand.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't you think that they could speed up the testing process this year and then maybe start orders sooner to try and get production started sooner or is this too hard to do?
It‘s not about testing. They have to build the production lines and all the processes that go into that. Not to mention that every component needs the same process to manufacture it as well. You can’t rush that.

Sponsored

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You may be right, but I've ordered my last 7 cars and with all of them had to put down $1000. Now, these were BMWs, so Ford may be different.

Not sure they will care since even if they build your car and don't claim it, a dealership is confident they'd be able to sell it no problem.

I'm still debating whether or not will make a down payment. Now is a good time to keep cash in hand.
I converted a Bronco Sport reservation to an order on Thursday, no down payment required.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure if that’s possible but yeah i would love if they move up production.

That does require that every part they need is in hand earlier than expected. Might be tough.

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn't this really mean that people who were later in the queue, ie not pre ordering but going into the dealer in december 2020 would be waiting until 2022? Of course, assuming all goes well with the final design work and production line build out.

I'm assuming that fords system is keeping track of the sequence that pre orders, and then full build/orders are placed, which will then have an impact on delivery.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, in my mind I was going to wait until late 2021 assuming all reservations were filled, then buy one off the lot. But seeing this news, I went ahead and placed a reservation Saturday. I hope to have one by the end of '21, but if not, I guess that gives me a few months to save a larger downpayment.
Sponsored