First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will still have navigation to wherever you are going but won't get traffic updates and lanes closures, etc. The only way you seem not to get any navigation is by not installing the FordPass app and connecting to your vehicle
This is false. Connect nav is a 3 month trial and subscription after that if you want nav and other connected data. Built in is loaded on a hard drive (always there) with a 3 year subscription for connected data that is renewable after that. Ford only does nav on high level trims or optional on lower trims. Keeps the cost down for those that don’t want it.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What I find hilarious is that Ford must not care much for the 2 door. 90%+ of the "spy" or promotional photos of prototype Broncos is the 4 door. The huge majority of what they are making at the factory these last few months is the 4 door. The whole brochure (except a couple) is the 4 door. Almost everything they took to KOH was 4 door. I just find that odd. I did see a few mistakes in the brochure but this stood out to me more.

::Edit:: I only see two photos that someone can tell its a 2 door. There is a couple more of the black two door concept but you can't tell its a two door, but we know it.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You will still have navigation to wherever you are going but won't get traffic updates and lanes closures, etc. The only way you seem not to get any navigation is by not installing the FordPass app and connecting to your vehicle
My Sister has that in her Escape. We went on a trip last year and it advised of an accident and asked if we wanted to reroute. Nav set up new routing around the accident and back onto the highway.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is false. Connect nav is a 3 month trial and subscription after that if you want nav and other connected data. Built in is loaded on a hard drive (always there) with a 3 year subscription for connected data that is renewable after that. Ford only does nav on high level trims or optional on lower trims. Keeps the cost down for those that don’t want it.
I'm pretty sure this was previously 5 years. Ford is cheaping out on a lot of stuff.

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So.... no mention of “standard” rock rails on First Edition.
Rock rails are optional when I ordered mine. I’m frustrated by the fog light delete. What’s up with that?

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rock rails are optional when I ordered mine. I’m frustrated by the fog light delete. What’s up with that?
The B&P still requires one to add the rock rails on the BL trim and adds the $595 to the build price. Doesn't make sense unless Ford decided to go back on that. Not sure how it works on the dealer order as I haven't placed mine yet.

The FE has the Modular Bumper so the removable area is where the Fog Lights would be installed. But the picture on the FE page in the brochure shows a flat area exactly where you could put the fog lights.

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stand corrected. Rereading through I saw the answer on Page 10 of the Guide. I will correct my previous post.

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What I find hilarious is that Ford must not care much for the 2 door. 90%+ of the "spy" or promotional photos of prototype Broncos is the 4 door. The huge majority of what they are making at the factory these last few months is the 4 door. The whole brochure (except a couple) is the 4 door. Almost everything they took to KOH was 4 door. I just find that odd. I did see a few mistakes in the brochure but this stood out to me more.

::Edit:: I only see two photos that someone can tell its a 2 door. There is a couple more of the black two door concept but you can't tell its a two door, but we know it.
Right now we're sitting at 38% two doors out of ~1500 orders so far, but I bet that is skewed since most of us are "enthusiasts."

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To add clarity to the technical differences. Connected NAV uses onboard cellular data and cellular GPS, there is not a physical hockey puck gps antenna. No ATT cell service, no gps location. No subscription, no gps location.
Built in connected NAV has a physical hockey puck gps antenna, no cell service, no problem.
Both use the built in cellular for live traffic updates, weather alerts, etc as long as you have an active subscription.
Both store base maps in memory, no Harddrives on board lol. Both will update maps over cellular when available, with an active subscription.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To add clarity to the technical differences. Connected NAV uses onboard cellular data and cellular GPS, there is not a physical hockey puck gps antenna. No ATT cell service, no gps location. No subscription, no gps location.
Built in connected NAV has a physical hockey puck gps antenna, no cell service, no problem.
Both use the built in cellular for live traffic updates, weather alerts, etc as long as you have an active subscription.
Both store base maps in memory, no Harddrives on board lol. Both will update maps over cellular when available, with an active subscription.
That's exactly how I'm interpreting this as well, with one small caveat.

It's recently been reported that Ford is partnering with Telenav to provide connected services outside of major cell coverage areas. This suggests that the Built-In nav may also be able to receive services like live traffic or construction vis the GPS receiver, independent of the cellular modem.

Either way, glad I'm getting Lux, since it sounds like that's the only way to get true GPS.

Wonder how much the nav service costs after 90 (or 3)? We know the hotspot data plan will likely be around $20/mo.

Still not clear if Trail Maps (there were like 3 different map services mentioned for trail maps) involve some sort of subscription.
Sponsored