Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I definitely liked it better on the knobs. It’s not like I’m gonna give back my 2022 Bronco but I am a little pissed now that I know.. 😕
File this one under #1stWorldProblems
Sponsored

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about the 8in screen?

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The person shining the knobs must have run out elbow grease.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you considered adding an option:

🔘 MY22: YES
🔘 MY22: NO
🔘 MY22: PLEASE WAIT FOR THE CHIPS AND DELAY MY BRONCO EVEN LONGER
I’m curious if it affects all MY22 Broncos or it started after a certain date. So, that’s why the poll is the way it is.

DCtoobs42

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe this is just for the 12in screens, since there is real estate on the screen for that info?

It's a stretch logistically... Why manufacture a different climate control assy just that that little detail? Maybe it's a bits and bytes thing in the programming. Who knows.

Either way, I'm upgrading from a 1999 vehicle so anything is going to be a vast improvement in the creature comfort dept.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a '21 Big Bend Sasquatch, with dual Elect. Climate control, and I HAVE the temp display, but do NOT have chrome accent trim nor the coloring on the fan speed switch.

I'm an interior trim engineer, and can say that whether or not it has the chrome/Satin nickel finish is 100% driven by cost/complexity. If they deleted the chrome/satin trim from the hi-series vehicles (Lux package) then that was totally cost driven IMO.

NOTE: reducing complexity IS also a cost thing, not just the added cost to each piece to be chromed or painted.

The deletion of the temp on the knob thing was most definitely a chip supply/shortage problem.

ALSO: I scanned this thread and did not see clarification if 2022 LUXURY package has these non-chrome/silver knobs? Were the photos shared MID package with elec clim. control? Thats what mine is in the picture (2021 MID package)

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 2021 BB ETCC.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
everyone is angry about nothing. Displaying the temp on the top of the 12" screen is much easier to read as it is in your line of sight.

The anger is not about functionality BUT about not being told. Even if this was communicated, I think a few here would still be angry. Bronco6G just likes to pile on and bitch like crazy. BUT at the end of the day 99.9% is still waiting in line with their check-book in hand.

And here's something to be more angry about that has not been mentioned. On the 2022 F150, ambient lightning has also been removed due to the chip shortage. Does the bronco have ambient lighting on the 2021s?

Back on page 2, @LadyBronco posted a screenshot with the two temperatures displayed at the top of the infotainment screen.
1642734271738-jpeg.jpg

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone noticing that the MY22 Broncos are missing the temperature on the knob? Shoutout to @BroncoBoi for finding this.

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 1642776092889

Versus MY2021 for reference

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 1642776092889

Temperature display now appears at the top of the infotainment touchscreen display.

A full and complete 6g investigation must be launched. Somehow, 2022 people will get over this.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m curious if it affects all MY22 Broncos or it started after a certain date. So, that’s why the poll is the way it is.
Seems like 35% have the LED?

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 1642776630626

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

everyone is angry about nothing. Displaying the temp on the top of the 12" screen is much easier to read as it is in your line of sight.

The anger is not about functionality BUT about not being told. Even if this was communicated, I think a few here would still be angry.

And here's something to be more angry about that has not been mentioned. On the 2022 F150, ambient lightning has also been removed due to the chip shortage. Does the bronco have ambient lighting on the 2021s?
Ambient lighting on a 2021 Bronco? I'm still missing 1970s dome lighting with those removable panels!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a '21 Big Bend Sasquatch, with dual Elect. Climate control, and I HAVE the temp display, but do NOT have chrome accent trim nor the coloring on the fan speed switch.

I'm an interior trim engineer, and can say that whether or not it has the chrome/Satin nickel finish is 100% driven by cost/complexity. If they deleted the chrome/satin trim from the hi-series vehicles (Lux package) then that was totally cost driven IMO.

NOTE: reducing complexity IS also a cost thing, not just the added cost to each piece to be chromed or painted.

The deletion of the temp on the knob thing was most definitely a chip supply/shortage problem.

ALSO: I scanned this thread and did not see clarification if 2022 LUXURY package has these non-chrome/silver knobs? Were the photos shared MID package with elec clim. control? Thats what mine is in the picture (2021 MID package)

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 1642776630626
Curious when your build date was? There obviously was a transition on some MY'21 Broncos.
Sponsored