Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I won't be getting one anytime soon but I prefer the MIC. Also planning OW or CG which I think look great with MIC.

For those wanting MOD, do you want black, white, or body colored?
Black. Early on I was eyeing the white top, but as I thought about it more, and as I settled on Wildtrak, matching the top with the black accents made the most sense.
Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put my reservation in the first hour.
But I'm going to wait for the MOD Top.
I want the removable windows for the dogs.
Looking forward to seeing the "Special Editions" and colors if they outdo my love of carbonized gray!

tempImageRLgkkS.jpg

57E0317B-11EA-4D14-B7DE-D76CD7FD923B.jpeg
Great looking dogs. what breed?

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m in the 22 club officially now. Thanks Ford. Iā€™m hoping the 22 interiors are completely redesigned by a new staff. Then I could go from black diamond to wildtrak without the cringe every time I open the door. Digital camo? Really?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m in the 22 club officially now. Thanks Ford. Iā€™m hoping the 22 interiors are completely redesigned by a new staff. Then I could go from black diamond to wildtrak without the cringe every time I open the door. Digital camo? Really?
Right?šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoping for a green or some additional flat colors for MY22 like lead foot gray. Iā€™m carb gray with black MOD top but I would switch to lead foot gray if available.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You can have mine when I get my mod top in ā€˜22. Have an FE and I am stuck with it. In WI, you pick it up itā€™s yours. The headliner will cost you $1895.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want the painted top MOD for two reasons
1 it looks much better than the mic top all the black colors on my Bronco will match.
2 I want the be able the remove the two side windows and leave on the roof rack. That way my roof tent can stay on.
so I wait a lot longer

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We really should create a club/group on here.

btw, anyone start adding new features to their current build knowing they will be delayed longer than originally planned?

maybe someone jumping into the LUX Package or SAS when originally werenā€™t?

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I won't be getting one anytime soon but I prefer the MIC. Also planning OW or CG which I think look great with MIC.

For those wanting MOD, do you want black, white, or body colored?
black. I just love this look with Cyber Orange

Ford Bronco 2022 Club: the painted top 2B2D2E8F-7A3F-4CFD-A9BA-B864D358D2A9

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the White or body colored top announcement isn't receiving enough attention. There were 3 bullet points on 2022 Production regarding the painted modular top. The first was the Shadow Black painted mod top, the second was the (Oxford)White painted mod top, and the third was the body color painted mod top.

I think Ford wants to be mindful of a branding on their trims so that they can be distinguished from another from afar. The OBX originally at launch had the body color option that was later shelved. I suspect the body color option will return for the OBX trim and only on the OBX. The Black top and White top have a sub-bullet point that it will be available on contrasting body colors. That would mean that a Black WT/BL can't get a Black Top (or any trim with a matching body color/top) as they don't meet the contrast requirement. And with regards to the White Top, I suspect that it will only be available to the Heritage Edition and OBX Oxford White body color top. A white WT won't be able to have a white top as there is no contrast.
The visualizer had a Badlands 2-door with a body colored top initially tho. If body colored tops got locked to the OBX I'd be P to the I, double S'd. I personally think they'll limit the white tops to either the Heritage package itself or only the upper trims (OBX and up). I think they'd have to to throttle demand for it initially. Body colored tops I doubt get limited. People seem to be pretty hot or cold on that option.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealer called, his mentioned May 2022. Guess we'll see what shade of green becomes available.

Not even kidding when I say we'll be able to comfortably pay cash for the car by the time it arrives.

Sucks that it's taking so long but we'd rather wait and get what we want.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've resigned myself to the fact that my Bronco won't be here til Mar/Apr of 22 at the earliest. I refuse to change around my order to try and get a quicker build. The painted top being one of my "gotta haves". I traded in my Camaro on a used Cherokee Trailhawk last night to at least get some camping in this season and most likely around thru the winter.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think buying the MOD top by itself will be easy and it will be ridiculously expensive if you can find one.

Jeep 2 door plastic tops aftermarket sell for around $2.5k. This MOD top for the bronco 2 door could easily be $4k-$5k.

So if you have any desire for the MOD top just get the '22

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still canā€™t believe Ford did this to us . ...
Really?

After the last few years it wasn't even a little bit of a surprise.

If it turns out that different lots of slave made Chinese plastic MIC tops are different shades of grey -- or that the painted tops don't actually match any of the paint colors available -- I still won't be surprised.
Sponsored