Sponsored

2022 HERITAGE PACKAGE (Everything it will most likely Include)

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford was reluctant to disclose the reason for the roof delays, instead choosing not to name drop the supplier. However, that was forced out of them.

We know why the roof was delayed (there are threads dedicated to this info in this forum).

Also, Mr. Levine announced many, many months ago that there were planned editions all along. Had this been a year without JIT inventory issues and labor shortages the world over then perhaps this would have been smoother. However, JIT inventory globally sourced mass manufacturing doesn't work with inventory and shipping disruptions. So here we are.
I get the manufacturing thing, crap happens and we don't get to have black, white, and color matched tops in the first year. I was just day dreaming about why we couldn't have had the white ones come first and push the black and color matched to 2022. My answer to myself is that all along Ford was saving the white top for the high end Bronco that would have matched the FE this year in price and when the top problems crept up they got pushed with the Heritage Package to next year. The MIC and Mod black top are for the poverty level Broncos and the Mod white top was meant for the highest end Bronco. It was just a daydream, that's all. My ultimate failure is trying to reason through corporate Ford decisions I guess, lol. When in doubt, follow the money.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Obviously based on feelings instead of facts.

As the painted roof is a $2K standalone option, a heritage package including those things would be closer to $5K (there needs to be profit baked in).

Also, you've forgotten the primary items that people would want in a heritage edition:

• carpet delete
  • radio delete
    • Navigation delete
    • screen delete
    • GPS delete
  • power steering delete
  • ABS delete
  • vacuum assisted brakes
  • vacuum wipers
  • 6v electrical system
  • incandescent bulbs everywhere
  • Drive mode delete
  • back-up camera delete (violation of federal law)
  • airbag delete (probably also violates federal law)
  • manual transmission only
  • manual gauges throughout
I'm willing to admit that we don't know what generation Ford intendes to crib for their "heritage". Are we talking about the early 90's heritage?

• If so then add cockroach interior materials and a CVS system to rob all power, but keeping a 12v system.
Or are we cribbing a 1960's Bronco for "Heritage"?
  • If so, then we're going to need a 2.0 ltr NA motor putting out 80 hp/200ft tq with a downdraft tube for crankcase ventilation.
It may be called the Heritage Package but they haven't specified to where they are pulling the heritage from ;)

20434e5fd0c05c5fbfeaecf26ad61c03ff990dc4.jpg

Two tone paint, 15" Alcoa aluminum wheels and earth tone velour interior ?
See my post quoted above yours. Way ahead of you fam! (post #9 in this thread)

I get the manufacturing thing, crap happens and we don't get to have black, white, and color matched tops in the first year. I was just day dreaming about why we couldn't have had the white ones come first and push the black and color matched to 2022. My answer to myself is that all along Ford was saving the white top for the high end Bronco that would have matched the FE this year in price and when the top problems crept up they got pushed with the Heritage Package to next year. The MIC and Mod black top are for the poverty level Broncos and the Mod white top was meant for the highest end Bronco. It was just a daydream, that's all. My ultimate failure is trying to reason through corporate Ford decisions I guess, lol. When in doubt, follow the money.
When in doubt, always follow the money! They are in the business of making money (like us all). The painted white or black roofs would have sold like hotcakes for MY21 Broncos! They didn't withhold them just to build demand for a product that had hundreds of thousands of reservations and most likely so many orders they won't produce even a single MY21 unit for sale to the general public!

I admit that i'm on the fence with timing. I want that shadow black roof (especially as it's modular), but do I want to wait X months for it when that is the ONLY item which would delay my build? Realistically on the 2-door, modular top is only removable rear windows (which isn't what you'll be doing for a long road trip or having a painted roof on for any real off-roading) and a portal in the rear clam (perfect for prom!).

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Old school can be fun. My ’88 911 offers an analog driving experience, no power steering, no abs, traction control, etc... You are in control, a master of your own destiny. That said my STI will run circles around the Porsche. Both are just as fun as they are different.

My dad asked me if I could ship his 1959 Fairlane Galaxy 500 down to Florida from Connecticut. Sure no problem. Hooked up the battery, fired right up, idle settled down, and I was on my way to meet the car carrier. That old 4 barrel, V8, does a good job moving 2 tons of steel down the road. I was enjoying the nostalgia of what it must have been like back in the day. Until I reached the S curve a 90 left followed by a 90 right and I hit the brake to slow down. Nothing, I pushed harder, foot nearly touching the floor board. Finally slowed enough to wallow the though the turn. Drove much more carefully the rest of the way, braking early and often. Dad took my advise and did a disc brake conversion to make driving more enjoyable and safe down in Fla. Old school can be cool, but modern conveniences can be nice.

Ford Bronco 2022 HERITAGE PACKAGE (Everything it will most likely Include) B0090581-2FB6-44DC-B754-5BECC691530E

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Obviously based on feelings instead of facts.

As the painted roof is a $2K standalone option, a heritage package including those things would be closer to $5K (there needs to be profit baked in).

Also, you've forgotten the primary items that people would want in a heritage edition:

• carpet delete
  • radio delete
    • Navigation delete
    • screen delete
    • GPS delete
  • power steering delete
  • ABS delete
  • vacuum assisted brakes
  • vacuum wipers
  • 6v electrical system
  • incandescent bulbs everywhere
  • Drive mode delete
  • back-up camera delete (violation of federal law)
  • airbag delete (probably also violates federal law)
  • manual transmission only
  • manual gauges throughout
I'm willing to admit that we don't know what generation Ford intendes to crib for their "heritage". Are we talking about the early 90's heritage?

• If so then add cockroach interior materials and a CVS system to rob all power, but keeping a 12v system.
Or are we cribbing a 1960's Bronco for "Heritage"?
  • If so, then we're going to need a 2.0 ltr NA motor putting out 80 hp/200ft tq with a downdraft tube for crankcase ventilation.
I'd be good with the resurrection of the Ford 2.8L straight Six...

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can it have 80’s Ford paint that flakes and fades after a couple years?

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OK, how about we bring back the whitewall tires and pair them with unique wheels?
BRONCO.jpeg
That's a negatory Good Buddy.

Apparently I'll need an old school 6' whip antenna though...

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored