Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did this swap this week. I got a unit off of eBay with the part #M2DT -18C612-AC. it is the unit with heated seats and a button for heated side mirrors. I actually have the soft top with the hardtop prep-kit and totally forgot I needed/had the rear defroster. It doesn't really matter to me as I have no interest in a hard top.
Anyway, I don't have much to add to what has already been said but thought I would add a couple of points in the interest of helping others who do this:
  1. @Hatman had done my previous FORScan work but I didn't want to keep bugging him so I got the OBD cable and the FORScan app and did that part myself.
  2. I was a little nervous but FORScan is fairly straightforward and lots of tutorials on the web. I did use the new 'Get Factory As Built' feature that was mentioned earlier in this thread and it worked great.
  3. I did the swap and just wanted to check what worked and what didn't before I did FORScan. Basically nothing worked. No temps on dials, no temperature readout on the center console screen - nothing. Once I flashed the unit with the 'As Built' values it came on-line.
  4. One caveat - when I first flashed the unit the seat heater lights did not light up. I swapped out to the original HVAC unit and they still didn't light up. I thought I had broken something, but then I thought 'Mmmm, maybe the engine has to be running for the seat warmers to work', sure enough that was the issue and everything works fine.
Ford Bronco 2022 HVAC Temperature Display Dial Retrofit DIY & Part Numbers -- Install Success! tempImageP1YwgR

Thanks again to all who have contributed to this thread. Cheers.
Sponsored

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did this swap this week. I got a unit off of eBay with the part #M2DT -18C612-AC. it is the unit with heated seats and a button for heated side mirrors. I actually have the soft top with the hardtop prep-kit and totally forgot I needed/had the rear defroster. It doesn't really matter to me as I have no interest in a hard top.
Anyway, I don't have much to add to what has already been said but thought I would add a couple of points in the interest of helping others who do this:
  1. @Hatman had done my previous FORScan work but I didn't want to keep bugging him so I got the OBD cable and the FORScan app and did that part myself.
  2. I was a little nervous but FORScan is fairly straightforward and lots of tutorials on the web. I did use the new 'Get Factory As Built' feature that was mentioned earlier in this thread and it worked great.
  3. I did the swap and just wanted to check what worked and what didn't before I did FORScan. Basically nothing worked. No temps on dials, no temperature readout on the center console screen - nothing. Once I flashed the unit with the 'As Built' values it came on-line.
  4. One caveat - when I first flashed the unit the seat heater lights did not light up. I swapped out to the original HVAC unit and they still didn't light up. I thought I had broken something, but then I thought 'Mmmm, maybe the engine has to be running for the seat warmers to work', sure enough that was the issue and everything works fine.
Ford Bronco 2022 HVAC Temperature Display Dial Retrofit DIY & Part Numbers -- Install Success! tempImageP1YwgR

Thanks again to all who have contributed to this thread. Cheers.
You should have called!! I just renewed my FORScan license just so I could turn of the “key in ignition” chime!! Let me know if things still don’t work for you. I did that same swap a while back.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s a version of swapping these that doesn’t even require for scan IIRC

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well crazy deal, I just swapped my 22 raptor no temp with a temp in dial unit I bought off ebay and it all works, heated seats and wheel included. I did this on my 22 raptor and had to write my original values before it all functioned?? I don't remember reading about any one that was successful without forscan

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last edited: