Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

M2DZ-19980-D (from a 2021) is impossible to get right now and on a massive backorder
N2DZ-19980-N (from a 2023) is much easier to get and will probably only take a few days

I can confirm that the 2023 part number N2DZ-19980-N will swap right over and work perfectly after being programmed. (These part numbers are for Heated Rear Window, Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Seats)
Great information in the thread. On my to-do list when I acquire the auto-start/stop eliminator. OP may want to update PNs on first page considering we're deep in to 2023 now.
Sponsored

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford seems to be using a new part number for the fully loaded HVAC controller. I just successfully installed one that was removed off of a 2023 Bronco. It had N2DT-18C612-DE on the sticker.

Ford Bronco 2022 HVAC Temperature Display Dial Retrofit DIY & Part Numbers -- Install Success! 1693024141652

Ford Bronco 2022 HVAC Temperature Display Dial Retrofit DIY & Part Numbers -- Install Success! 1693024148615

Ford Bronco 2022 HVAC Temperature Display Dial Retrofit DIY & Part Numbers -- Install Success! 1693024158024

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford seems to be using a new part number for the fully loaded HVAC controller. I just successfully installed one that was removed off of a 2023 Bronco. It had N2DT-18C612-DE on the sticker.

Ford Bronco 2022 HVAC Temperature Display Dial Retrofit DIY & Part Numbers -- Install Success! 1693024158024

Thanks for the update! How did you find the part? On ebay or something?

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s a great price!
Can't disagree. I'd been monitoring eBay from time to time and smashed the "Buy It Now" button the very first second I saw that listing.
The new controller was plug-and-play - it didn't require any Forscan coding. I used it for removing the temperature readouts from the dash display though.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't disagree. I'd been monitoring eBay from time to time and smashed the "Buy It Now" button the very first second I saw that listing.
The new controller was plug-and-play - it didn't require any Forscan coding. I used it for removing the temperature readouts from the dash display though.
Even better!😱😱

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice swap! Strange that PN does not come up on Ford part sites...

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice swap! Strange that PN does not come up on Ford part sites...
It looks like the parts that go to the assembly line have different part numbers than those that can be ordered through the Ford parts catalog. The original climate control unit my Bronco came with had a part number that can't be found in the parts catalog either.
Ford Bronco 2022 HVAC Temperature Display Dial Retrofit DIY & Part Numbers -- Install Success! 1693241725191

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It looks like the parts that go to the assembly line have different part numbers than those that can be ordered through the Ford parts catalog. The original climate control unit my Bronco came with had a part number that can't be found in the parts catalog either.
Ford Bronco 2022 HVAC Temperature Display Dial Retrofit DIY & Part Numbers -- Install Success! 1693241725191
Great to know! Shame it's only 2023 and we don't have crosswalks for part numbers. Maybe in the year 2223 :LOL:

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1693241725191.jpeg
For anyone confused by this... most parts actually have two part numbers.

One is the Engineering Part Number, which is usually the part number listed on the component itself. The other is the Service Part Number, which is the part number used by your dealer's parts counter to actually order the component.

The part number you need to know about is the Service Part Number... NOT the engineering part number. Anyone with access to Ford's parts system can type in the engineering part and find the associated service part (or vice versa), but ultimately what you order is the service part.

Of course if you are buying second hand on eBay or whatnot... obviously you run into folks who are taking wrecked vehicles, stripping parts out of them, and selling them online. They likely don't have access to Ford's parts system, so they will list it under the engineering part number. But if you buy it from Ford, you will use the Service Part.

The Service Part Numbers themselves haven't changed from what is listed in the first post.
  • M2DZ-19980-A : Mid/High, less hard top/hard top prep package
  • M2DZ-19980-B : Lux, less hard top/hard top prep package
  • M2DZ-19980-C : Mid/High, with hard top/hard top prep package
  • M2DZ-19980-D : Lux, with hard top/hard top prep package
  • N2DZ-19980-M : Std, less hard top/hard top prep package
  • N2DZ-19980-Q : Std, with hard top/hard top prep package

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

One is the Engineering Part Number, which is usually the part number listed on the component itself. The other is the Service Part Number, which is the part number used by your dealer's parts counter to actually order the component.

The part number you need to know about is the Service Part Number... NOT the engineering part number. Anyone with access to Ford's parts system can type in the engineering part and find the associated service part (or vice versa), but ultimately what you order is the service part.

Of course if you are buying second hand on eBay or whatnot... obviously you run into folks who are taking wrecked vehicles, stripping parts out of them, and selling them online. They likely don't have access to Ford's parts system, so they will list it under the engineering part number. But if you buy it from Ford, you will use the Service Part.

The Service Part Numbers themselves haven't changed from what is listed in the first post.
Thanks for confirming that.

@Ducati1098 just recently was trying to prove the opposite.
Ford Bronco 2022 HVAC Temperature Display Dial Retrofit DIY & Part Numbers -- Install Success! 1693246697440

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just to clarify, these part numbers listed are for 2021. Some of these have since changed part numbers for 2023 and up.

1693246697440.png
I was not trying to prove the opposite in that conversation.
I agree with everything @RagnarKon just mentioned.

Saying the Ford parts catalog has "replacement parts only" is not correct. Replacement part would indicate the part was replaced or changed. The Ford parts catalog doesn't only have replacement parts, it has the parts the vehicle was built originally with also (as long has they haven't been replaced)
What I was saying has nothing to do with the difference between service part numbers and engineering part numbers.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1693246697440.png
Nah, @Ducati1098 is correct.

There is no such thing as "factory" and "replacement" part numbers. There is an engineering part number, and a service part number, and occasionally those parts will be supersceeded by newer engineering/service parts... usually to apply fixes. The Ford Parts Catalog lists both and allows you to translate between the Engineering part and Service part. Usually if the engineering part number changes in any meaningful way, the service part number will as well.

As far as I know, neither the engineering part number nor the service part number has changed on the HVAC modules with the temperature displays since launch. Although admittedly I haven't looked in almost a year at this point.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As far as I know, neither the engineering part number nor the service part number has changed on the HVAC modules with the temperature displays since launch. Although admittedly I haven't looked in almost a year at this point.
I'll have to try and put together the ones that have changed, because I put a N2DZ-19980-N in my 22 Wildtrak, which was a newer number for lux with hardtop. Both number still show as available though which seems odd. M2DZ-19980-D was just on a huge backorder at the time I replaced mine.
Sponsored