2022 MSRP Increase?

702_SR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone's guess at this point...commodity parts pricing, inflation, new tooling costs (MIC tops), etc will all factor in. Plan for the worst and hope for the best?
Your negotiation skills, and dealership generosity, will have the final say.
I'm just here to say how much I love your current avatar!! :LOL:(y)

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone's guess at this point...commodity parts pricing, inflation, new tooling costs (MIC tops), etc will all factor in. Plan for the worst and hope for the best?
Your negotiation skills, and dealership generosity, will have the final say.
New tooling costs are baked into piece price based on volume, not inflation handed down to the customer. OEMs cut new tooling all the time for different reasons. sometimes just for increasing capacity based on higher volumes, as is the case in the bronco/second line. the MIC 2.0 came quicker than they projected i’m sure, but no way would that be a reason for a huge retail cost jump

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Wrangler 4XE had two price increases totaling around $3000 already and it is still in the first model year. Hot cars are going to see big price increases for 2022 and I expect the Bronco will as well.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have prices ever gone DOWN, in the history of automotive?

If you ordered by the cutoff date, they said the MSRP will remain the same. If you didn't, the MSRP will go up. Straightforward really, those that didn't order a 21, when Ford said, will pay more. Prices always go up, every year, for almost every consumer item. Asking "does anyone else think prices will go up?" is kind of silly, you don't need to imagine or ask if they'll go up. They do...and will.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have prices ever gone DOWN, in the history of automotive?
Actually, yes, and Ford was the first company to do so. As assembly line efficiency and sales demand ramped up, the Model T got cheaper and cheaper. By a lot.

Back to modern times, there are a few examples here and there were a new model comes in less than a previous year. A lot of times where there is no price change. Most of the time, a change in content is the biggest factor. For example, if the manufacturer wants to still be able to market the vehicle "starting at..." they may drop a little content off the base model. On rare occasion, some other factors conspire and and actual like-for-like decrease happens.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep, comprehension problem. Moving on......
Well they say that admitting the problem is the first step in rectifying it, so kudos to you for not being shy to do so.

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m not sure I follow your train of thought. I bought a new 2022 Honda and was able to purchase it at an $1800 discount off MSRP. The deals are out there you just have to do a little bit of homework and not throw your money away.
I never quoted that "all" dealers are doing this, but I have seen in my area at both Jeep and Ford have dealerships markups notices. I live in the Fresno County area in California. It could be just that independent dealer that chose not to have markups or on that specific model, there are no markups. Either way, I stand with my opinion that price inflation will have a significant jump after all this COVID-19 pandemic.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
From my car sales experience, there's usually an increase of about $400-$800 for vehicles in this price range.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes prices go up regularly. BUT, people don’t normally buy at, near, or above MSRP either. Some on the fence folks, like myself, may forgo the Bronco altogether and maybe revisit it once the excitement of the rollout is over. The price may be higher then but I won’t be purchasing at MSRP either. Or I’ll just go on with life in a Jeep or Toyota. 🤷‍♂️

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2nd reservation was placed June 29th of this year. My dealer told me this morning: " We are at the point where it will be nearly impossible for you to see a 2021. We would need to convert you to an order for that to happen to start that process. The 2022 Order banks have not been opened, so we can not give you all the options you'd need nor the updated pricing." so, yes there will be a price increase. Kinda Sh%##y --- I would have hoped they'd honor 2021 pricing. But I'm probly just dreaming.
Sponsored