First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So the question is if you have an order in , when the 22 ordering opens up can you change from one model to another?
Example a Big Bend to a Badlands.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, however Iā€™m not 100% sure how that works with the price protection Ford mentioned (depending on when you placed your initial order). I would imagine itā€™d still be honoured on a trim change, but donā€™t quote me on that.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the question is if you have an order in , when the 22 ordering opens up can you change from one model to another?

You can do that right now if you don't have a VIN, so I'm sure you'll be able to šŸ‘

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, It will be a completely new order. The question that remains is if you will lose price protection by doing something like that.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would assume you can change from whatever model you had to whatever model you want. From my (admittedly limited) understanding, the 22 ordering will be a clean slate from whatever you had ordered in 21.

The thing I'm really curious about is what impact that's going to have on any outstanding 21 orders. Granted only Ford knows any of this, but assuming order banks for 22 open up in September, if you still have an order in for a 21, will ordering the 22 completely wipe out that 21 order? I'm under the impression that they're still building 21's until mid-December, does that mean that they plan to have all of the 21 scheduling done by the time they open the 22 order banks?

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes you can.
You'll essentially be in placing a whole new order, so you can make any changes you in like.

OP
OP
Drew5150

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was told by dealer you cant!
You can change your trim level when the order bank open. The only thing you can't do is choose a FE.

I contacted my dealer months ago about changing trim level and was told we'll wait until the MY22 order bank opens.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told by dealer you cant!
You should be able to change your order to whatever you want, if you don't have a VIN.
I changed my trim 2x, my color (between CO and A51) like 4x, and different options like 6x.
If your dealer won't change that stuff for you, ask for a different sales person who is more familiar with the Bronco ordering system, because you absolutely can change your trim and other equipment as much as you want before you have a VIN. (Except to First Edition, because they're all gone)
A handful of people here changed from Wildtrak down to Badlands or other trims because they wanted a soft top, so they can get their Broncos this year or earlier next year.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I talked to my salesman yesterday because he called me asking if I wanted to change to a 2.3 and soft top. He said that was the info he got from ford. He didnā€™t really know much think I knew more than he did from this fourm. I plan to do the same thing, change my trim. He told me someone came in and he tried to order a bronco and there was no MY21 2.7 option when he tried to order it. I said wait till order banks open back up for my22 and i bet the 2.7 option would be back. Me personally im holding out for the hard top and 2.7 just want to go from base to big bend

The first day my22 order banks open make your changes because iā€™m betting we all loose our place in line since reservations are now gone and they are only building Broncos with the parts they have available.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price protection was for orders and reservations placed before the cut off date. If your MY22 order contains options that were not available in 21, then the price for those new options will be the going rate. So far, all we know is there will be two new colors. It will have to be seen if these colors have an up charge . Of course this entire thing could be a bad dream that I am about to wake fromā€¦..yeah, I wish.

Scrim79

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a little confused about the "price protection" when it comes to major changes.

I figure that, in a worst case situation (just my thought process), it protects your current build and just converts to a '22. Any additional/new options that aren't already there would be at the '22 price.

I added Squatch to my Badlands and made a few other minor changes just the other week as a CYA. I figured that, since I am a Nov res, I am near the back of the line anyway, so why not add another sin and get what I want when it finally arrives.

Though I am a newer member and this actually being my first post here, I have been paying attention to all things Bronco since it was a rumor and have been trolling this site for quite a while. I figure it would be insurance to have everything locked in for my final build on my end in case things get wonky on the conversion to '22... not like Ford would ever screw anything like that up though!

I see material quotes in my industry that are good for 10 days when I am bidding a project that won't be awarded until 30-60 days out and don't even start for another 6 months after that! With the volatility/availability in the materials market, It will be interesting to see what the markups will actually be.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All this ā€œprice protectionā€ is with Ford. How it works on the dealer end remains to be seenā€¦
what they ought to do is authorize XPlan for all 2021 order/reservation holders.
Sponsored