Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just picked up my 2023 Badlands. Late yesterday. Not as long a wait as most of you, I ordered in February, 22. Great dealer, no ADM. It’s a great looking vehicle and somehow even better when it’s finally yours you’re admiring. Race Red - it pops. I’ve never had a bright color vehicle before, this thing is going to get some attention. Coming from 10 years and many miles in a wrangler, there’s some slight similarities initially but it’s very different. It feels somewhat familiar, but MUCH bigger. The front being more square than the Jeep is one of main aspects of this for me- those front corners are out there! People compare the ride and driving to wranglers all the time here and for me, it mostly just feels bigger with a slightly better road feel. I never thought of the Jeep being nimble, but it felt more so than the Bronco- not necessarily a good or bad thing, just a noticeable difference. Driving 75 on the highway it was great, the soft top was about as loud inside as the hard top of my wrangler— totally acceptable, easy to have a conversation, a phone call using car play was loud and clear on both sides. Perfect. The roads where I live in CT are pretty narrow and windy with lots of hills. I for sure notice the bronco taking up more of the road compared to the Jeep. The headlights are such a huge improvement over the Jeep. The interior, as said countless times, really does feel cheap but I knew that. The seats are definitely more comfortable than the Jeep, although I’d like a little more bolstering. 2 things in particular really bug me off the bat though. The steering wheel just feels cheap. I’m used to leather wrapped or solid plastic steering wheels. The bronco is vinyl wrapped? With a little feel of padding almost. It just feels really odd to me and is also very noisy when my hand moves on it. Kind of wish it was a little thicker as well. I don’t remember getting this impression at all from test drives and plan on seeing if I can find an older one to check out. I can’t imagine there was a change. #2, the automatic gear selector, it’s not lit?! - nitpicky but annoys me. Maybe it is but I need to figure out how? Yes you can see it on the dash but that’s not the point. Overall, I definitely like it. I can’t say that I love it like many of you, but I think it’ll grow on me more as I get used to it. I’m trying to decide where to drive to today. It looks great all clean but I really want to get it dirty.
Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are lots of vendors that sell leather wrap kits for steering wheels.

Just take a look on Amazon. A few bucks and couple of hours and you'll be happy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CT203

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It helps if you provide your specs. High? Lux? What other options?
Apologies. I just woke up before typing this on the phone. Not my best effort. Badlands non Sas Lux.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies. I just woke up before typing this on the phone. Not my best effort. Badlands non Sas Lux.
If you have the Lux then you have the leather wheel.

You might be the first Jeep person to not think the steering is way better.

Are you sure you don’t need some coffee?

OP
OP
CT203

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are lots of vendors that sell leather wrap kits for steering wheels.

Just take a look on Amazon. A few bucks and couple of hours and you'll be happy.
Thanks. Definitely something that could be done, I’m not a fan of them typically. I just think Ford should have done better. Maybe I’ll grow to like it more though.

OP
OP
CT203

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. It’s better, don’t get me wrong, but not night and day to me. I also never felt my Jeep wandered excessively. It tracked pretty straight on highway drives with minimal input.

OP
OP
CT203

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought so, which is why I was surprised. it’s just not a good leather then? It doesn’t feel to me like any leather wheel I’ve experienced before.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks. Definitely something that could be done, I’m not a fan of them typically. I just think Ford should have done better. Maybe I’ll grow to like it more though.
I agree, not putting leather on the wheel was a bad idea. It's really inexpensive to do and every reviewer dings Ford for it.

That and a lack of a garage door opener until the Lux package.

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree, not putting leather on the wheel was a bad idea. It's really inexpensive to do and every reviewer dings Ford for it.

That and a lack of a garage door opener until the Lux package.
I was under the impression the big bend and up had leather steering wheels. At least for 2021 and 2022 models.

Is that not the case or did they really change it up for 2023.

OP
OP
CT203

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was under the impression the big bend and up had leather steering wheels. At least for 2021 and 2022 models.

Is that not the case or did they really change it up for 2023.
Apparently it’s leather, but it just doesn’t feel like it to me.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought so, which is why I was surprised. it’s just not a good leather then? It doesn’t feel to me like any leather wheel I’ve experienced before.
Domestic cars typically don’t use very good leather.