Sponsored

2023 Base Squatch Black MT 49000 worth it?

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Trying to figure out if I should wait or if to go with this deal, 2 door base squatch black color manual transmission, only option is the added Auxiliary switches. 49000 after tax for california. MSRP is 43320. They are basically going above msrp by $1500.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You ask if it is worth it.
Really, only you can answer that.
Some folks find ADM personally offensive, others think 1500 is worth their time so they can have a Bronco NOW!

How close is it to the build you'd create?
What's your time worth?
What other deals can you get at the moment or near future?

I keep hearing MSRP can be had all over the place ... I'm not looking , so I don't know.

Base , manual .... must be a 2dr , probably really hard to find.

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
You ask if it is worth it.
Really, only you can answer that.
Some folks find ADM personally offensive, others think 1500 is worth their time so they can have a Bronco NOW!

How close is it to the build you'd create?
What's your time worth?
What other deals can you get at the moment or near future?

I keep hearing MSRP can be had all over the place ... I'm not looking , so I don't know.

Base , manual .... must be a 2dr , probably really hard to find.
Yeah It's a 2 door. I like the Bronco, however when you put an almost $50,000 price tag on a base with a sasquatch package, then say look at a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon for 54,900 loaded and arguably better off road capability I guess that's what I'm trying to get my head around. It seems to me if it was 40,000 Out the door as this model sits would be a good deal but, $49000 seems steep. Again base sasquatch. Figured I would post on here for others opinions on the matter

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again base sasquatch.
....and that is by far the value leader in the Bronco world.

Is that Wrangler $55k MSRP or "out the door", just so we are comparing apple to apples. I don't know, I don't shop Jeeps.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and arguably better off road capability

and that raises another question, how are you actually going to use it?
Are you going to modify either Bronco or Jeep, and to what end?

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
and that raises another question, how are you actually going to use it?
Are you going to modify either Bronco or Jeep, and to what end?

for the Rubicon would be 60k OTD. for 2 door just minus 5k from that. It will be used for light to moderate off road weekend vehicle as i have 2 others. I understand the sasquatch package comes beefed up with a better axle and better clearance along with the wheels etc and lockers. By the way maybe it's just me but I test drove a bronco black diamond the other day to get a feel for it, drove well and all but the sound system is hot garbage? and almost every Window sticker I see there is a -250 for Sub delete. I understand how someone can say well it's an off roader but i mean at that price point should at least have something better than a 2008 Lancer.

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I'm just going to wait. Unless I find a deal I can't refuse. But I do prefer the Bronco over the Wrangler. Just not at that price point I guess for what your actually getting. Hopefully I'll pick one up soon and Don't feel like I'm getting robbed.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but the sound system is hot garbage?
LOL, for whatever reason, my 2021 Base 2dr sounds better than my 2023 4dr Mid Badlands.
The Base is MUCH better than the standard stereo in our Outback.... now THAT is hot garbage. It is literally painful at moderate volumes.
The Subie Harmon/Karden ones are pretty good though.

Bronco vs Jeep ... If Value is a thing with you, (as it is for me, thus the Base the first time around) ... then it is definitely a YOU thing to decide which you will get more "value" out of.
At that point, it is really subjective.

It keeps bugging me that for 40/44K I can get a freaking MAXXED out Outback for the wife ... but it's still an Outback and that is all it will ever be.

The Outback was my daily for a couple years, great car, but when I rolled up to a 4 way stop intersection and I was one of 3 identicle White Outbacks all there at the same time .... my Outback days were numbered.

I still see DOZENS of Jeeps everyday on the way in. Some stand out, most do not.
I'm seeing more and more Broncos as time goes on...quite a few actually now.

So really, what do you see yourself in?
Buy it.

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
FWIW, my base Sas 2.7 was $38,000, and sitting on a dealers lot one day. I didn't see if you said which engine. I personally would not want the 2.3, especially for that price.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I'm just going to wait. Unless I find a deal I can't refuse. But I do prefer the Bronco over the Wrangler. Just not at that price point I guess for what your actually getting. Hopefully I'll pick one up soon and Don't feel like I'm getting robbed.
Value... again, the ONLY reason I went forward with the Badlands was the combo of Grangtober 2K below invoice AND $6300 in price protection.
I'm betting I won't see a deal like that for a long time ... so I took it.

The 2 dr was always a "test" Bronco, and it was cheap, but I learned the 2dr does NOT work for my lifestyle and I'm thankful I had the GRanger deal hiding in my pocket to afford the 4dr BL.
Soon the 2dr will be listed.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, my base Sas 2.7 was $38,000, and sitting on a dealers lot one day. I didn't see if you said which engine. I personally would not want the 2.3, especially for that price.
I'm thrilled with the 2.3 auto 4.46 Badlands. Just throwing it out there. It's decently peppy, especially around town.

I killed the 2dr 2.3 7spd 4.46 when I put the 35's on. Too much tire for 4.46
33 would have been perfect.

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
38000 Out the door? even if it Wasn't for California with my tax bracket would be roughly 43k. Which is still 6k less than what I am being offered right now. And from my research the Manual Base has a smaller engine and you can't opt for the Bigger engine unless you get a Automatic.

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL, for whatever reason, my 2021 Base 2dr sounds better than my 2023 4dr Mid Badlands.
The Base is MUCH better than the standard stereo in our Outback.... now THAT is hot garbage. It is literally painful at moderate volumes.
The Subie Harmon/Karden ones are pretty good though.

Bronco vs Jeep ... If Value is a thing with you, (as it is for me, thus the Base the first time around) ... then it is definitely a YOU thing to decide which you will get more "value" out of.
At that point, it is really subjective.

It keeps bugging me that for 40/44K I can get a freaking MAXXED out Outback for the wife ... but it's still an Outback and that is all it will ever be.

The Outback was my daily for a couple years, great car, but when I rolled up to a 4 way stop intersection and I was one of 3 identicle White Outbacks all there at the same time .... my Outback days were numbered.

I still see DOZENS of Jeeps everyday on the way in. Some stand out, most do not.
I'm seeing more and more Broncos as time goes on...quite a few actually now.

So really, what do you see yourself in?
Buy it.

The outbacks are fine if you just stick to a dirt trail for camping trips etc. I used to have a WRX STi back in the day was a nice ride. But yeah i'm still debating guess i'll just sleep on it. 49k just seems like a lot for a base with sasquatch to me.

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm thrilled with the 2.3 auto 4.46 Badlands. Just throwing it out there. It's decently peppy, especially around town.

I killed the 2dr 2.3 7spd 4.46 when I put the 35's on. Too much tire for 4.46
33 would have been perfect.
Out of all the models the Badlands has the nicest interior IMO maybe the Raptor out does the badlands but yeah thats 100k. The black diamond is nice but was almost 100 out and the Seats they had were extremely hot. Like very hot. For some they might like the blue accent interior but definitely not for me.
Sponsored