Sponsored

2023 Base Squatch Black MT 49000 worth it?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
FYI, a Big Bend has about $400 worth of extras over the Base. Some of the features listed as upgrades on the BB and Black Diamond are actually standard on the Base.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Value... again, the ONLY reason I went forward with the Badlands was the combo of Grangtober 2K below invoice AND $6300 in price protection.
I'm betting I won't see a deal like that for a long time ... so I took it.

The 2 dr was always a "test" Bronco, and it was cheap, but I learned the 2dr does NOT work for my lifestyle and I'm thankful I had the GRanger deal hiding in my pocket to afford the 4dr BL.
Soon the 2dr will be listed.
Yeah I prefer the looks of the 2door personally. the 4 door is VERY nice however for my needs a 2 door weekend off roader works.

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
FYI, a Big Bend has about $400 worth of extras over the Base. Some of the features listed as upgrades on the BB and Black Diamond are actually standard on the Base.
Good to know , One thing that surprises me is a lot of these base models dont have Auxiliary switches. Was only a $200 factory option. Think some people missed that check when building. I know it can be done aftermarket but it's a little bit of a pain.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good to know , One thing that surprises me is a lot of these base models dont have Auxiliary switches. Was only a $200 factory option. Think some people missed that check when building. I know it can be done aftermarket but it's a little bit of a pain.
Your call. You're right, the Aux switches at $200 is probably the only true bargain option. $1500 over MSRP is your call, Check out the ADM on automatics in your area. Everything is relative, how many want a stick shift? May be a bargaining point. Love my 2 door...

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your call. You're right, the Aux switches at $200 is probably the only true bargain option. $1500 over MSRP is your call, Check out the ADM on automatics in your area. Everything is relative, how many want a stick shift? May be a bargaining point. Love my 2 door...
Love a modern day anti theft device !

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I grew up in the central valley (Lodi, not that far from Merced).

I'd pass just because it's black. The Valley isn't "Phoenix Hot" but it still gets bloody hot in summer.

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I grew up in the central valley (Lodi, not that far from Merced).

I'd pass just because it's black. The Valley isn't "Phoenix Hot" but it still gets bloody hot in summer.
Yeah a big heat wave happening this week here. guess color isn’t really a deal breaker for me it’s just the price getting input from others if they personally think at 49k a base Sasquatch is worth that.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah It's a 2 door. I like the Bronco, however when you put an almost $50,000 price tag on a base with a sasquatch package, then say look at a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon for 54,900 loaded and arguably better off road capability I guess that's what I'm trying to get my head around. It seems to me if it was 40,000 Out the door as this model sits would be a good deal but, $49000 seems steep. Again base sasquatch. Figured I would post on here for others opinions on the matter
"Arguably better off-road capability"

Are you planning on actually taking it to those extremes? Because the sasquatch package is exceedingly capable, it will do 99%+ of what the Rubicon will do and rarely anyone on this site actually utilizes the full potential of their bronco or Jeep. You have to go to the extreme ends of the spectrum to ever notice a difference in capability.

Some people care about being able to say their vehicle is more capable without ever using it. That's fine too

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Arguably better off-road capability"

Are you planning on actually taking it to those extremes? Because the sasquatch package is exceedingly capable, it will do 99%+ of what the Rubicon will do and rarely anyone on this site actually utilizes the full potential of their bronco or Jeep. You have to go to the extreme ends of the spectrum to ever notice a difference in capability.

Some people care about being able to say their vehicle is more capable without ever using it. That's fine too
Yeah it won’t be a daily driver or a mall crawler! I don’t do any crazy rock crawling but I have with my previous jeep but like amateur style no verticals or crazy stuff like that

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah It's a 2 door. I like the Bronco, however when you put an almost $50,000 price tag on a base with a sasquatch package, then say look at a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon for 54,900 loaded and arguably better off road capability I guess that's what I'm trying to get my head around. It seems to me if it was 40,000 Out the door as this model sits would be a good deal but, $49000 seems steep. Again base sasquatch. Figured I would post on here for others opinions on the matter
Could you show your work here. Your Bronco has an MSRP of $43,300, a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, with a hard-top, any paint (besides white), and the 35" tire package, is $59,450 (MSRP). So instead of being $5k apart, they are $16k apart, plus the extra tax on the $16k.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Custom order from factory 23”. MY. 1.5k off MSRP from dealer (Military) + 500 Rebate. Leather, LED light package steel bumpers. 54,900 60k out the door for an unlimited Rubicon so yes 10k more totals over a base Sasquatch. The 2 door is roughly 5k less than the 4 door unlimited. build time for my buddy with a similar package from start to delivery was almost exactly 3 months.

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tried to order a bronco they aren’t taking orders for manuals and obviously a lot of part shortages .

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is my exact build. 2021 order though and it was 39k, out the door was 42k, prices have gotten stupid in just a couple years.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... if they personally think at 49k a base Sasquatch is worth that.
No it isn't. Circumstances are conspiring against you; the base should be $32k, but here we are. Seeing that used models are selling for more than similarly configured MSRP, prices continue to spiral.

I paid $51k ($54,300 all in) in Texas for a 2dr 23 Badlands SAS with high package I ordered in 21; the same thing today would likely be near $60k on a lot $55-57k MSRP). I wouldn't blink if I saw $10k markup, because the dealer's are like, why not?

If the dealers/Ford can't get that for it, the prices might come down, but everyone's gotta have one and it's a seller's market. Here's my piggy bank, got a hammer? Whether you should saddle up for that to be a 2dr BaseMan owner and foot that cost, though, is entirely up to you.

Beach life

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess I'm just going to wait. Unless I find a deal I can't refuse. But I do prefer the Bronco over the Wrangler. Just not at that price point I guess for what your actually getting. Hopefully I'll pick one up soon and Don't feel like I'm getting robbed.
Town and country ford in Tennessee sells broncos at msrp check them out. Ask for mitchell
Sponsored