Sponsored

2023 Base Squatch Black MT 49000 worth it?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
A couple things:
>Most of use here got our Bronco's for far less that today's MSRP, the Base has jumped about $8k in price since early MY22, so we cringe at today's prices........... but that ship has sailed

>As touched on before, the Big Bend's MSRP is an additional $4000 and it give you a leather wrapped steering wheel, window tint on 2 windows (sides on the mic top), and a $80 useless passenger grab handle. Knowing that, a Base at $1500 over is still a far better deal than any trim with no mark-up.

>In Model year 21/early 22, the Base Sas 2.7 was the mid-package ($1500), and $400 of upgrades away from the Wildtrak, and people were lined up around the block to pay the extra $9k(?) for the Wildtrak's.

>Take-off items like rock rails, side steps, bash-plates, fog-lights are going for little to nothing on craig's list/market-place.

>Also, we all have different wants and needs, a BL's Sas, with the high package has very little that I'd want over a Base Sasquatch, I wouldn't have paid $48K for one when I ordered my Base (but then I keep my vehicles for life), and that was before washouts have been added to the Base.
Sponsored

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMO the base was a steal before all the price hikes. At 50k for the options you get I'd rather buy something else honestly. Sure you may spend 10k more but you would get some cool creature comforts for sure.

I am having a hard time thinking of shelling out 54k on a BD with some options I ordered. I almost would rather wait and get a Raptor Ranger or 2024 Tacoma

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The price sounds fair to me. You are getting a rarer 2 door, Sasquatch and manual. An even rarer combo with manual. Black I would not like in the heat. Especially if you have hot sun. I know I live in South Fl. And I also have a white Basesquatch although with 2.7. Love it that's why I say it's worth it.

sirloco

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Trying to figure out if I should wait or if to go with this deal, 2 door base squatch black color manual transmission, only option is the added Auxiliary switches. 49000 after tax for california. MSRP is 43320. They are basically going above msrp by $1500.
I originally was waiting for a base with a manual paired with Sasquatch but when it came out the manual was the same price as the automatic (it’s $1600 cheaper on non Sasquatch) so I got the automatic and upgraded to the 2.7 lt. engine for and extra $1900. If you plan on off-roading the manual transmission will make it more difficult.
I would recommend the build and price to get exactly what you want.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is my exact build. 2021 order though and it was 39k, out the door was 42k, prices have gotten stupid in just a couple years.
yeah I’ve seen some of the killer deals people have gotten before all this price gouging. Jealous for sure.

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
No it isn't. Circumstances are conspiring against you; the base should be $32k, but here we are. Seeing that used models are selling for more than similarly configured MSRP, prices continue to spiral.

I paid $51k ($54,300 all in) in Texas for a 2dr 23 Badlands SAS with high package I ordered in 21; the same thing today would likely be near $60k on a lot $55-57k MSRP). I wouldn't blink if I saw $10k markup, because the dealer's are like, why not?

If the dealers/Ford can't get that for it, the prices might come down, but everyone's gotta have one and it's a seller's market. Here's my piggy bank, got a hammer? Whether you should saddle up for that to be a 2dr BaseMan owner and foot that cost, though, is entirely up to you.
Yeah during my search I’m seeing badlands for 65k plus, actually called a dealer about one listed at 58k msrp online. They said it’s going for 75k. I hung up.

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dude, BaseSquatch has by far the best fender badge of them all. That alone is worth the ADM. :)
I think I can agree 100% on best badge but I don’t know if I could sleep at night knowing got taken advantage by a “sus”quatch dealer.

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
A couple things:
>Most of use here got our Bronco's for far less that today's MSRP, the Base has jumped about $8k in price since early MY22, so we cringe at today's prices........... but that ship has sailed

>As touched on before, the Big Bend's MSRP is an additional $4000 and it give you a leather wrapped steering wheel, window tint on 2 windows (sides on the mic top), and a $80 useless passenger grab handle. Knowing that, a Base at $1500 over is still a far better deal than any trim with no mark-up.

>In Model year 21/early 22, the Base Sas 2.7 was the mid-package ($1500), and $400 of upgrades away from the Wildtrak, and people were lined up around the block to pay the extra $9k(?) for the Wildtrak's.

>Take-off items like rock rails, side steps, bash-plates, fog-lights are going for little to nothing on craig's list/market-place.

>Also, we all have different wants and needs, a BL's Sas, with the high package has very little that I'd want over a Base Sasquatch, I wouldn't have paid $48K for one when I ordered my Base (but then I keep my vehicles for life), and that was before washouts have been added to the Base.
Good info I appreciate this feedback

OP
OP
Lorenzo415x

Lorenzo415x

Base
First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMO the base was a steal before all the price hikes. At 50k for the options you get I'd rather buy something else honestly. Sure you may spend 10k more but you would get some cool creature comforts for sure.

I am having a hard time thinking of shelling out 54k on a BD with some options I ordered. I almost would rather wait and get a Raptor Ranger or 2024 Tacoma
I’m same boat as you bro. 50k is a decent chunk of change. Guess I just wish at minimum I would be getting a decent sounding audio system. That alone aftermarket is almost 1k. Didn’t know the steering wheel isn’t leather wrapped going to have to look into that also. But about the 24 Tacoma the new refresh looks nice and you can still get those in manual. The TRD pro or one of the higher trims is on my radar too

Sponsored

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m same boat as you bro. 50k is a decent chunk of change. Guess I just wish at minimum I would be getting a decent sounding audio system. That alone aftermarket is almost 1k. Didn’t know the steering wheel isn’t leather wrapped going to have to look into that also. But about the 24 Tacoma the new refresh looks nice and you can still get those in manual. The TRD pro or one of the higher trims is on my radar too
It is def something to look into. I know most are gonna say the creature comforts and extras do not matter. My take on that is they do for the money spent. If you are already spending $50k+ why not hold out and spend a bit more to get a lot more. Not to mention the Ranger Raptor and 24 TRD Pro Tacoma should hold value better than a non Bronco Raptor. That does go without saying IF you can land one of those at MSRP or around.

guest001

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is def something to look into. I know most are gonna say the creature comforts and extras do not matter. My take on that is they do for the money spent. If you are already spending $50k+ why not hold out and spend a bit more to get a lot more. Not to mention the Ranger Raptor and 24 TRD Pro Tacoma should hold value better than a non Bronco Raptor. That does go without saying IF you can land one of those at MSRP or around.
Reached out to my dealer in May about Ranger Raptor. They are getting one delivered this year as a MY24. So maybe another 1-1.5 yr wait. He said pricing will NOT be MSRP (per dealer ownership). He is guessing 10-15K markup. Maybe less for a retail order vs a stock order. If I was interested he would get me an exact price. I am interested but not at those prices. The same dealership sold me my Bronco at MSRP and has always treated me well.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could get it, put another order in for a Ranger Raptor or whatnot, and when that comes in, decide if you want to keep it. Unless prices collapse, you'll probably not be upside down at least.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I paid $42,000 out the door for a 2-Door non-SAS with the 2.7 engine, automatic transmission, aux-switches, floor mats, and a 7-year bumper-to-bumper 60,000 mile warranty. I changed the steelies for OBX tires/rims for $700... so I got $42,700 into it... and that includes taxes here in NorCal.

I guess it really depends on your use and your cash! A daily driver -- I'd rather have mine and the extra cash + the 22 MPG on the highway. If I were going to off road a fair amount... I'd rather have yours.

A good compromise might be a Big Bend with the rear elocker and getting away from the 3.73 differential. I myself would still go with the automatic, but the 2.3 would be fine.

Again... it depends on your use.

I have to admit I do LOVE the zip of the 2.7 and auto combination! Its like a car with a V8 in acceleration.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2 Drs are cool..49k is not a bad deal to me but im biased )
Sponsored