Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whether you have a Bronco right now or not is irrelevant to the conversation. The entire point is that for many people having both a Bronco and a pickup truck will not be reality. The allure of the Bronco pickup is to have a vehicle with an open bed - even a small one - that still has many of the features and advantages of the Bronco. Yes you can rent a truck if you really need to, but that doesn't make sense if you could use the open bed on a weekly or even monthly basis.
It will only be not a reality if you choose for it not to be. By the time that comes out (if it does) you should have the bronco paid off…just saying
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It will only be not a reality if you choose for it not to be. By the time that comes out (if it does) you should have the bronco paid off…just saying
Most people will not have their Broncos paid off in three or four years. And even if they do, then there's no guarantee that they have the money at that time to purchase, insure, operate, and maintain a second vehicle. This isn't even always about money either. Some.people literally just don't have the parking for two vehicles.

There are so many variables in play here that you can't only look at it from your life's lense.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No thanks. Don't bring the Bronco into the same category as that hideous Gladiator. Not everything has to be a 4-door.

giphy.gif

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are so many variables in play here that you can't only look at it from your life's lense.
I agree each has their own situation. However if someone wants something bad enough…they will find a way and make it happen.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
why be try to be more like mc donalds.
One reason:
Chick-fil-A sales - $4B
McDonalds sales - $21B

If I want a chicken sandwich I go to Chick-fil-A. But not everyone wants a chicken sandwich...

Sponsored

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This image is a strong indication of what the pickup will look like if constructed.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Pickup Rendering giphy
I really like your rendition of the Bronco Pickup. I would buy this over the Ranger.
I think this could be successful where the Gladiator is not.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
when you try to do too many things at once, you cannot concentrate your efforts and fail. just think of all the fast food chains with a huge menu but everything is bland and crappy versus the chains who concentrate on a limited menu and have a great product. chick fil-a versus mc donalds.
Great analogy. One is a pleasurable experience with high quality ingredients and service, albeit fewer options. Stay on track and deliver the best bronco possible.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One reason:
Chick-fil-A sales - $4B
McDonalds sales - $21B

If I want a chicken sandwich I go to Chick-fil-A. But not everyone wants a chicken sandwich...
yes, you may focus on nothing but gross sales. but as a customer, i would prefer a quality product. consider mc donalds makes chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, fries, salads and breakfasts. chick fil-a, and popeyes make better chicken sandwiches. most local eateries make better hamburgers. most grocery store dumpsters have better salads. and finally denny's and IHOP make much better breakfasts. i understand oyur point on corporate profits, but as a customer i am looking for my satisfaction to be of paramount importance...

and to end your argument, not everyone wants a bronco.. there are still a lot of dedicated jeep fans, and who knows how much longer it will be before chevy reintroduces the blazer and jimmy lineup?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, you may focus on nothing but gross sales. but as a customer, i would prefer a quality product. consider mc donalds makes chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, fries, salads and breakfasts. chick fil-a, and popeyes make better chicken sandwiches. most local eateries make better hamburgers. most grocery store dumpsters have better salads. and finally denny's and IHOP make much better breakfasts. i understand oyur point on corporate profits, but as a customer i am looking for my satisfaction to be of paramount importance...

and to end your argument, not everyone wants a bronco.. there are still a lot of dedicated jeep fans, and who knows how much longer it will be before chevy reintroduces the blazer and jimmy lineup?
I'll admit being confused - I know not everyone wants a Bronco. But some who don't might want a Bronco pickup. So, that may make it a good business decision for Ford.

All I was saying, in direct response to your post, is that Ford would rather be McDonald's than Chick-fil-A, as they are much more a commodity vehicle sales business than a niche market company.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll admit being confused - I know not everyone wants a Bronco. But some who don't might want a Bronco pickup. So, that may make it a good business decision for Ford.

All I was saying, in direct response to your post, is that Ford would rather be McDonald's than Chick-fil-A, as they are much more a commodity vehicle sales business than a niche market company.
ford already is producing 5 different pickups. the bronco / ranger platform already has a pickup. i fear a bronco pickup would end up like the explorer sport track. a feeble attempt at niche market which does neither the job of a pickup or suv well. yes it might look cool, but so did the chevy ssr.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We're talking about the company that makes the F-150 here. That's as close to your McDonald's analogy as a pickup can get.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
i fear a bronco pickup would end up like the explorer sport track. a feeble attempt at niche market which does neither the job of a pickup or suv well.
Resale market on those Sport Tracs is quite good. People loved the things even with what I consider to be a somewhat problematic engine choice.

A short bed PU is far more practical for an SUV for most of the southern states. I suspect a closed bed is better if it snows.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Resale market on those Sport Tracs is quite good. People loved the things even with what I consider to be a somewhat problematic engine choice.

A short bed PU is far more practical for an SUV for most of the southern states. I suspect a closed bed is better if it snows.
That's what folding tonneaus are for.