First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’d be a lot more expensive to own if Ford actually had parts available for repairs.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
$4400 cost of maintenance? My past 3 cars, I ran to 200k+ and not sure I had $4400 in maintenance combined.
I put 187k on my last Expedition.

3 sets of tires = $3k easy
Brakes at lest 4 times at several hundred bucks. Probably more at 6000 that thing ate brakes pretty quickly.
Lets say we did the oil every 6000, at $40 that's about 1200

That was 15 years, not 5 though. And I lost track of how many of those stupid COP coils I replaced. God I hate those.

I also paid my mechanic to change the spark plugs at 120k because I was chicken-shit to do it myself.

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 DLX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is that because you'll have to wait five years to get one, therefore spending no money on payments or repairs?

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope. Projections are not facts. And only good while vehicle is under warranty. And none of the costs you mentioned has anything to do with parts failure after 3yrs/36k. That will be astronomical. Things will and have failed. Precollision camera, $1200.00. Let’s revisit in 18-24 months.
Uhmm, you can tell exactly what average repair costs will be over 5 years/75k miles. Ford ESP is ~$1000. Do you really think they just make up the price of those things?

Either way, repairs are DWARFED by the cost of depreciation, fuel and maintenance. It is pretty much a rounding error.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uhmm, you can tell exactly what average repair costs will be over 5 years/75k miles. Ford ESP is ~$1000. Do you really think they just make up the price of those things?

Either way, repairs are DWARFED by the cost of depreciation, fuel and maintenance. It is pretty much a rounding error.
No I think they give it some thought. Such as most owners will trade before extended warranty time expires. Not transferable unless paid in full. Many probably finance it with vehicle. So it quietly disappears I would assume. Either way I think the glitchy electronics on this thing will take it out of the projected top 5 cheapest to own.

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, son's 08 Civic, wife's biz 22 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Obviously they didn’t use the granger maintenance plan costs.

Steph

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Mustang Bullitt, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
$4400 cost of maintenance? My past 3 cars, I ran to 200k+ and not sure I had $4400 in maintenance combined.
I was thinking the same..
Sponsored