Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco hasn't cost me a single penny!

Because I don't have one!! Hahah right guys? Plz give bronco
Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ll be hitting waiting a year here soon. Since I’ve ordered they have increased the price twice (I missed the March protection cut off) and lowered the features from what I originally ordered.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is this nonsense? How can you calculate the 5 year cost for a vehicle that’s been out for less than a year? 😂 Not to mention, “off road SUV,” so it’s just Bronco and Wrangler? Lol. @Ford Motor Company how much did you pay them for this?

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think Bronco and wrangler probably the only 2 in the category and saying its cheaper to own then a wanglers is like been the prettiest girl in a all boys school.

I am only buying for off road abilities so I couldn't care less anyway

Sponsored

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 5 year cost to own is at $47k. The ranger is $40k in midsize pickups. Not much to learn from this “award”

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its in the category "Off-Road SUV" so its probably only being compared to Wranglers and maybe 4Runners. Its gas mileage is competitive there (better than 4runner, worse than Wrangler, but not by a lot), and its expected depreciation is probably winning out.
In their Off-Road SUV comparison, it was those 3. The Defender wasn't included in the 2022 comparison, though I doubt the Defender's 'cost to own' would win anyway.

MallBrawler

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Rubicon, '21 Model Y, '22 Rubicon 4XE
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cost to own will be verrrrrry low if not negative if you bought at MSRP and sold one tomorrow to carmax lol

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This isn't the first entity that has claimed the Bronco has won some award. For me, nothing yells fake news more than something like this. To give awards to vehicles that haven't even been built yet, or haven't been out long enough to actually do anything or prove anything, simply tells me that their data is based on BS And about as unreliable as Ford's assembly line.

KBB...you just lost me.

Winger57

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LibertyDiesel,F450,88Ranger, 80Pinto, 65GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A lot of these awards are bought and paid for! Who needs some good PR right now?

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just announced via press release:

Kelley Blue Book Names 5-Year Cost to Own Award Winners for 2022

Awards Honor New-Vehicle Brands, Models with Lowest Projected Ownership Costs to Help Shoppers Save Money

March 14, 2022 - ATLANTA - /PRNewswire/ - In the midst of a time when car prices repeatedly make headlines for reaching record highs, it's understandable that shoppers would place a lot of emphasis on the up-front expense of purchasing a new car. But beyond the sticker price, wise car shoppers also take into account the long view and consider the total cost of ownership. Ongoing costs like fuel, maintenance, insurance and even vehicle depreciation can vary greatly from one model to the next. To help in-market car shoppers make smart purchase decisions, the experts at Kelley Blue Book, a Cox Automotive company, today name the 2022 model-year brand and category winners of the 5-Year Cost to Own Awards. These awards recognize new vehicles with the lowest projected ownership costs over the initial five-year ownership period.

"Shoppers can save hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars over time when they choose to buy a vehicle with low ownership costs," said Janice Yoell, senior manager of valuations for Kelley Blue Book. "Taking the time to research what it will cost to own a new car can help savvy shoppers keep more money in their pockets in the long run. For the second year in a row, Toyota and its luxury sibling Lexus take home the top brand prizes for 5-Year Cost to Own in 2022. Both brands benefited from the strength of several Toyota and Lexus models' high residual values, which ultimately leads to low vehicle depreciation."

Available for new models on Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com, 5-Year Cost to Own information takes into consideration depreciation, expected fuel costs, finance and insurance fees, maintenance and repair costs, and state fees. This data allows new-car shoppers to see the big picture of what a new vehicle will cost them over time, helping them to save money by choosing a vehicle that best meets their needs and their long-term budget.

kbb bronco.jpg

(2022 model-year vehicles' projected ownership costs are based on the average Kelley Blue Book 5-Year Cost to Own data for the initial five-year ownership period).

Kelley Blue Book 5-Year Cost to Own information is developed using Kelley Blue Book® Residual Values to calculate depreciation costs. Kelley Blue Book calculates total ownership costs for new vehicles by applying a sophisticated valuation methodology along with critical financial data from third-party providers.

For more information from Kelley Blue Book about the 5-Year Cost to Own Awards, visit https://www.kbb.com/best-cars/lowest-5-year-cost-to-own-cars-trucks-suvs/.
I probably won’t get mine for 5 years so technically they’re right, cost of ownership will only be $100 or $20 per year…

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they must be including the two years before it gets built in that calculation. The fuel mileage alone is going to make this expensive to own.
2.5 years they sit Un-driven on the mountain. Super low mileage, fantastic 5 year ownership costs, cause it’ll only have been on the road 2.5 years, 5 years from now. LMAO

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious how they estimate average repair costs for a brand new model with a level of accuracy better than a dartboard. coming out of the shoot the Bronco has had a significant number of quality problems. We have very little idea what gremlins might arise neither do they.

Maybe the thought is, “well, how can it possibly be worse than a Wrangler?’ in regard to quality.
But cost to owners to repair defects can only include a downtime inconvenience fee

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
how many in the category? wrangler, Bronco, defender and what else?
Bronco is in the special category: "vehicles not available for ownership". ;)
Sponsored