Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So I guess now the only way to get cloth seats is the Heritage... which may or may not ever get built. 😞

I am really glad I got my cloth seats. But like @GPPBronco said, I would have preferred the vinyl floor if that had been an option.
You and me both! I could deal with the MGV if I had too but I wouldn’t want to live where you do with it. Or, keep a towel handy. My daughter who is up in the valley has black leather seats. Even with a hardtop and dark tinted windows, they can melt your skin if left in the direct sun for too long.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You and me both! I could deal with the MGV if I had too but I wouldn’t want to live where you do with it. Or, keep a towel handy. My daughter who is up in the valley has black leather seats. Even with a hardtop and dark tinted windows, they can melt your skin if left in the direct sun for too long.
I have leather seats on my current vehicle... and even though they are light beige, I have a Turkish towel that I have to use pretty much every day for five or six months out of the year. And even in the shade, my leather is too hot after enough time when it's 105 outside.

The people I have met around here with MGV park in garages at home and covered spots at work. That won't be me. So if they had forced the MGV on me, I would have been investing in seat covers.

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah. But what about those of us who got a plastic skid with the mod bumper already (December 2022 build) but weren’t told and had to discover this ourselves? Do we just swallow the bitter pill? Sorta feel like I paid for the metal skid (it’s listed specifically on my window sticker) and ford was dishonest by just building it with the plastic skid and hoping I wouldn’t notice. Also, I’ve heard that ford will “make it right” but literally no action after that. Dealer said it’s in Ford’s hands now. Whatever that means.

Also, I would have optioned vinyl floors and seats if it had been an option on my base. Oh well

My base was built in December also and plastic skids dealer filed a miss build with Ford and replaced with steel!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My base was built in December also and plastic skids dealer filed a miss build with Ford and replaced with steel!
So this actually has been a thing with Ford for a while. They start implementing some changes pre job2 and assume most won’t care or complain. If they do, they sometimes accept the warranty from the dealer. They did it on the Sport with an engine cover delete, a lower panel delete on the passengers side, and folding rear headrests. The deletes became “official” at Job 2.

Sponsored

Mflies23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We got some upcoming changes on the Bronco. It seems like (but has not been confirmed) that these changes will impact all unscheduled orders that are scheduled for build dates after July 10th.

Edit— The interior change may impact all orders that have not been scheduled for a build day—aka: those without window stickers. Ford specifically calls out the bumper change as a Job 2 item with a July 10th date, but the interior change is not listed as a Job 2 item.

The cloth interior will no longer available on the following trims:
  • Base
  • Big Bend
  • Outer Banks
  • Wildtrak
Marine-Grade Vinyl is now standard on the Base and Big Bend trims, while Leather is now standard on Outer Banks and Wildtrak. (The latter is not a huge change, as you haven't been able to order cloth since order banks reopened.)

1684440346093.png

In addition, if you ordered the following trims with the Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper option, you will no longer receive a steel front bash plate:
  • Base
  • Big Bend
  • Outer Banks
---

Check out @FordVideoGuy's video on the subject:

So if I had navy pier cloth ordered as a carry over from ‘22 I will get leather “free” but still get the steel bash plate with MOD bumper?

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if I had cloth ordered as a carry over from ‘22 I will get leather “free” but still get the steel bash plate with MOD bumper?
Are you scheduled, yet? If not, you are looking at production after Job2. What you ordered at the beginning of '22 will be modified to reflect these changes(leather and plastic skid plate). You should at a minimum have retail price protection from mid-year price increase. And depending when your initial order was placed will dictate your private offer for the model year transition. Of course, if you don't get scheduled for the remainder of MY'23, then any of the private offers and price protection will expire without being renewed for MY'24.

Mflies23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you scheduled, yet? If not, you are looking at production after Job2. What you ordered at the beginning of '22 will be modified to reflect these changes(leather and plastic skid plate). You should at a minimum have retail price protection from mid-year price increase. And depending when your initial order was placed will dictate your private offer for the model year transition. Of course, if you don't get scheduled for the remainder of MY'23, then any of the private offers and price protection will expire without being renewed for MY'24.
Original order was in March ‘22. Have build week of 6/1 with VIN no window sticker yet

Sponsored

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Supercrew Platinum 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We got some upcoming changes on the Bronco. It seems like (but has not been confirmed) that these changes will impact all unscheduled orders that are scheduled for build dates after July 10th.

Edit— The interior change may impact all orders that have not been scheduled for a build day—aka: those without window stickers. Ford specifically calls out the bumper change as a Job 2 item with a July 10th date, but the interior change is not listed as a Job 2 item.

The cloth interior will no longer available on the following trims:
  • Base
  • Big Bend
  • Outer Banks
  • Wildtrak
Marine-Grade Vinyl is now standard on the Base and Big Bend trims, while Leather is now standard on Outer Banks and Wildtrak. (The latter is not a huge change, as you haven't been able to order cloth since order banks reopened.)

1684440346093.png

In addition, if you ordered the following trims with the Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper option, you will no longer receive a steel front bash plate:
  • Base
  • Big Bend
  • Outer Banks
---

Check out @FordVideoGuy's video on the subject:

In the video, the graphic of the interior, it appears the rear seat has a center fold down cup holder similar to the backseat of an F150 super crew. My March ‘23 delivered Badlands Bronco with MGV seats didn’t have this. Is the fold down cup holder also a job 2 upgrade?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Original order was in March ‘22. Have build week of 6/1 with VIN no window sticker yet
Then you should have a private offer along with price protection from mid-year increase.

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MGV is awesome. Been enjoying it for well over a year. Seats still look brand new. Definitely not Hot. I’m in south Florida See my profile pic. Go topless all the time
Not sure where these others came up with that Nonsense
Yeah I am in LA and I have had no issues with the MGV...I love it!!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the video, the graphic of the interior, it appears the rear seat has a center fold down cup holder similar to the backseat of an F150 super crew. My March ‘23 delivered Badlands Bronco with MGV seats didn’t have this. Is the fold down cup holder also a job 2 upgrade?
None of the MGV seating options for the Badlands or Black Diamond on the 4-dr has center armrest/cupholders. I'm not going to watch the video, but it's possible that the graphic used was the leather option.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Beach_Bum is correct... that graphic is from a leather interior—which does have the rear seat cup holders.
Sponsored