Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the fast response. That was a great video for showing what I am getting involved in. From peoples responses It looks like all of your videos will be excellent excellent on this topic.

For the questions about the speakers. It is not a package so the woofer doesn't come with a crossover. Looking at it I think it is meant for integration into an active crossover setup.I guess I have two options - going with an actual component package or else going two coaxial speakers.

Questions on the speakers. From stock - does the amp run lines to both the woofer and dashboard or is it more of a daisy chain. i.e. one line to the woofer and then up to the dashboard.
From the factory it runs to the woofer first and then to the dashboard—the speakers are wired in parallel and that parallel connection happens within the kick panel woofer itself. So if you did install a component kit with a crossover, you would install that crossover by the woofer unless you wanted to run new wiring.
Sponsored

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can use this Ford Fusion amp -

https://teamequip.com/fomoco-fp5t-1...und-system-amplifier-for-ford-fusion-t163700/

The part number is (S69GA) FP5T-18C808-XA for the non-functional Bronco amp
The part number is (S69GA) FP5T-18C808-AB for the Ford Fusion amp
Unfortunately, I didn't record the part number from the functioning Ford bronco amp; but I suspect it's very similar

I already got rid of the non-functional sub.

I think Ford buys this entire setup from the manufacturer (sub, amp, enclosure). That part number is N2DT-18C804-XA.

Anyhow, I hope this helps.
You can just purchase the Sub enclosure Part # MZDZ-18808-L from Ford, and then just find an AMP and sub-woofer that fits. Since I have a 2022 2 door, I think I'll have to modify the enclosure and cut out a place for the speaker cover.

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can just purchase the Sub enclosure Part # MZDZ-18808-L from Ford, and then just find an AMP and sub-woofer that fits. Since I have a 2022 2 door, I think I'll have to modify the enclosure and cut out a place for the speaker cover.

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone that used the fusion amp had success or tried using a replacement sub other than the kicker that seems to be standard replacement speaker?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone that used the fusion amp had success or tried using a replacement sub other than the kicker that seems to be standard replacement speaker?
You can use whatever subwoofer you want, there isn't anything special about the Kicker.

The problem is the non-B&O enclosure is sized for an 170mm (~6.75-inch) subwoofer. There are VERY few subs that fit 6.75-inch enclosures available on the market. A quick search on Crutchfield yields two options... the two Kickers.

If you are willing to make some fairly substantial modifications to your enclosure to fit larger subwoofers, you will have more options available to you. They may not sound great since the fusion amp isn't that powerful, but you could do it.

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed 1699493836237

Last edited:

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can use whatever subwoofer you want, there isn't anything special about the Kicker.

The problem is the non-B&O enclosure is sized for an 170mm (~6.75-inch) subwoofer. There are VERY few 6.75-inch enclosures available on the market. A quick search on Crutchfield yields two options... the two Kickers.

If you are willing to make some fairly substantial modifications to your enclosure to fit larger subwoofers, you will have more options available to you. They may not sound great since the fusion amp isn't that powerful, but you could do it.

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed 1699493836237
Yup, in short it's possible to mod the enclosure to force-fit a speaker that then may not be a good match for the available displacement and also may not pair well with that amp . . . but other than that Mrs. Lincoln thought the play was a smash! :devilish:

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After going down this rabbit hole, I would say try out the kicker sub with the fusion amp and you're only in for around $200 and it will definitely give you a slight bump in the low end. Beyond this upgrade it gets complicated and expensive fast. Problem is once you start you'll be confident to keep going.

And if you keep going with better components you'll wind up not using the kicker or fusion amp. At some point I plan on listing mine on here when I finally go for a more substantial upgrade.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After going down this rabbit hole, I would say try out the kicker sub with the fusion amp and you're only in for around $200 and it will definitely give you a slight bump in the low end. Beyond this upgrade it gets complicated and expensive fast. Problem is once you start you'll be confident to keep going.

And if you keep going with better components you'll wind up not using the kicker or fusion amp. At some point I plan on listing mine on here when I finally go for a more substantial upgrade.
Although a little bit more expensive, I think that you would be getting much more bang for the buck with a 46HS10.

I recently sold the 2023 Bronco and put this whole setup in the 2023 F-150 XL I purchased, and I am still beyond impressed with the performance of the Kicker Key 200.4 and 46HS10 sub-woofer as a pair, even with the stock speakers in both the 2023 Bronco and 2023 F-150. It's just such an easy way to get decent sound.

Tucker417

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just wrapped up my speaker upgrade in our 23’ Outer Banks. We had the factory 6-speaker non functioning sub. I replaced my speakers with the following and activated the rear sub via forscan. Unbelievable the difference. Unless you are an audiophile, no additional amp is needed, save the money.

Dash speakers: 4” Focal ACX 100’s
Kick Panels: 6.5” Focal RCX 165’s
Rear Pods: Mabett pods with 6.5” Focal RCX 165’s
Factory Sub/AMP: Ford OEM amp, Kicker CompRT 6 3/4” Subwoofer 4ohm.

No need for bass blockers at all.

Forscan changes: make the change to rear speaker/tweeter for the 6.5’s and also activated sub.

Other than that, I adjusted the mid range 2 taps up, treble 1 tap up, and left bass alone. Also left fader alone. Again, the difference this made for a very small amount of money was very rewarding.

IMG_0898.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: