Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also picked mine up 12/21/22 build and it has the sub in the back but it doesn't turn on/work whatever. Anyone open their truck up yet? I've had it a day so I haven't had a chance yet and won't for a bit.
Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got lucky, MY23, base model with sub. Sounds decent (for what it is), but you do have to go into sound settings and turn up treble and base and fade to center of vehicle, by default it was faded to front and sub had no volume.

Ibfurloughed

Badlands
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Baldlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also picked mine up 12/21/22 build and it has the sub in the back but it doesn't turn on/work whatever. Anyone open their truck up yet? I've had it a day so I haven't had a chance yet and won't for a bit.
got mine a couple weeks ago. On the window sticker it says 6 speaker stereo……..-$250

i just opened up the back of my Badlands High package today. The sub enclosure is there, a sub speaker is there, an amp is there, wires are connected to the amp and the speaker. It does NOT make a sound. The amp has a big red sharpie X on the front of it. I’ll get pictures on later.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
got mine a couple weeks ago. On the window sticker it says 6 speaker stereo……..-$250

i just opened up the back of my Badlands High package today. The sub enclosure is there, a sub speaker is there, an amp is there, wires are connected to the amp and the speaker. It does NOT make a sound. The amp has a big red sharpie X on the front of it. I’ll get pictures on later.
I look forward to the pictures. As I understand it the running change, once the amp shortage became an issue (a mere month into new MY!?!), was to install non-functional amps in the same location. WHY is the question I keep asking. Is it easier/cheaper to acquire and install dummy units vs updating the production line process to allow for terminating everything to that location in insulation with no unit?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed D89D56E2-DC1C-49EB-99E0-C92FCE2482B6
Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed D89D56E2-DC1C-49EB-99E0-C92FCE2482B6

Heres
a picture of the sub, amp and enclosure. Close up of amp and enclosure model/part numbers if you want to look into it.

Maybe there was a quality control problem in China and these are the dead units. I wonder what's inside the box.

Ibfurloughed

Badlands
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Baldlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need someone smarter than me. I found what appears to be the exact same amp for sale online, $46.00. I’m very tempted to buy and plug it in to see if it works. The amp I found online has all the same exact stampings on it. My question is, what could go wrong? Is this a bad idea?

yesterday I installed the Plugnplaykits.com package that included all Kicker components, amp 200.4, four 4” speakers and two 6.5” speakers. I sounds WORLDS better. I’m not obsessed with music quality but the 6 speaker was horrible. Now if it just had a little more bass I’d be super happy. My options are for $50 try and make the factory rig work or over $500 install another amp and another subwoofer.

Hit me with your opinions.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need someone smarter than me. I found what appears to be the exact same amp for sale online, $46.00. I’m very tempted to buy and plug it in to see if it works. The amp I found online has all the same exact stampings on it. My question is, what could go wrong? Is this a bad idea?

yesterday I installed the Plugnplaykits.com package that included all Kicker components, amp 200.4, four 4” speakers and two 6.5” speakers. I sounds WORLDS better. I’m not obsessed with music quality but the 6 speaker was horrible. Now if it just had a little more bass I’d be super happy. My options are for $50 try and make the factory rig work or over $500 install another amp and another subwoofer.

Link to amp?

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Ibfurloughed

Badlands
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Baldlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the numbers stamped in the metal are identical.

mihirsay

Outer Banks
First Name
Mihir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda CR-V EXL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

what kit number did you choose?

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ooh... did you open up the amp to see if it is an empty case ? Maybe they just tossed some leftover ford fusion amp cases in there. Anyone planning to be the test subject?

Ibfurloughed

Badlands
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Baldlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed 99210A65-EC36-4C06-A392-B748965EE381
Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed A8B5B6AD-CCCC-485F-AA1E-CAAA8848B2EC

found this bar code sticker on it which does not perfectly match the one for sale online. But the are darn close and I think the long number is a serial number. What do you think?

Ibfurloughed

Badlands
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Baldlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can see the product date of mine was 12-5-2022.

No I haven’t tried opening the case yet. I can see a computer board through a crack so I do not think it empty.

Plugnplay kit A if I remember correctly. They always answer the phone and answer questions. Kit had everything to do the job but no instructions. It’s all plug and play so it was real easy to figure out. He even sends you the plastic tools to remove all the panels.
Sponsored