First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
See if you can return it, if so I would give it a try.
Sponsored

Ibfurloughed

Badlands
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Baldlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hold the f-ing phone guys. We might be barking up the wrong tree on this inactive sub woofer. I just pulled the box out of the Bronco, then pulled the speaker. There is no magnet, nothing connecting to the cone at all. All the wire connections were made right up to the speaker but there is no magnet or anything to drive this cone.

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed FFDE7B91-1299-4B2D-9BBB-B2DDF56DA526

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What the... ok this just keeps getting weirder.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So it's either the sub or amp or both that aren't working.

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Computer programmer buddy of mine who dabbles in some ECU stuff said

BCM probably isn't turning power on to the amp, and unfortunately the head unit might be awaiting a CAN bus message to enable audio output to amp

So even if someone did take the time to plug stuff up there's still potential that it won't even work. I'm hoping that can be switched on via Forscan though.

Sponsored

Ibfurloughed

Badlands
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Baldlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the sub can not work, it has no magnet or voice coils.
Im beginning to wonder if this entire sub enclosure is manufactured in China and delivered to ford as a unit. Maybe China said well shit I don’t have an amp that works so why dump money into a real speaker. It’s a lot of work to build and install some that does not work. Why would ford even bolt this thing into the car?
im tempted to hook up one of the factory door kick speakers I replaced yesterday and power the thing up. I just don’t know enough about electronics to know if I might end up damaging the head unit. Can anyone help me with this idea. Hopefully some with experience not someone who says, we’ll it’s not mine, go for it.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder what's inside the box.
The shattered hopes and dreams of anyone that thought they'd be getting a half-assed decent stock Bronco stereo from Ford?
Hold the f-ing phone guys. We might be barking up the wrong tree on this inactive sub woofer. I just pulled the box out of the Bronco, then pulled the speaker. There is no magnet, nothing connecting to the cone at all. All the wire connections were made right up to the speaker but there is no magnet or anything to drive this cone.

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed FFDE7B91-1299-4B2D-9BBB-B2DDF56DA526
Oooooh, a descendant of the not-so-rare but unfortunately popular "white van at the mall parking lot speaker" of the 70's and 80's. Ford got taken, LOL! :ROFLMAO:

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base

Kinda looks like a passive radiator but even that needs air pressure from somewhere/something to “function.” This is so bizarro 🤪

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there not part numbers for the ones that were installed pre the mid Dec cutoff?

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
ya I agree why bother, I'm glad they did but def weird.

Sponsored

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i found a base sas v6 over the weekend with a blend date of 12/3/2022 that had the sub. was mid dec the cut off?

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
i found a base sas v6 over the weekend with a blend date of 12/3/2022 that had the sub. was mid dec the cut off?
Ya like 12/19 or 12/20 I think.

Ibfurloughed

Badlands
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Baldlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at the window sticker. Mine says, 6 speaker stereo and a -$250 line item credit. These are the ones that have the enclosure, you’ll see the speaker looking in the grill but it does not work.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Look at the window sticker. Mine says, 6 speaker stereo and a -$250 line item credit. These are the ones that have the enclosure, you’ll see the speaker looking in the grill but it does not work.
Yes mine says same thing on my WS, I'm kinda glad they added the enclosure and outside trim panel, that will make it easy to stick a Kicker sub and amp in there with a plug n play harness.
Sponsored