Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Definitely true considering I could sell my one year old basquatch (13k miles) and still make 10k from what I paid for it lol
Sponsored

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've always wondered how modifications on Wranglers are isolated/excluded since they are almost added on to or modified. For example, someone buys one for $60k (or whatever), adds $10k worth or racks/winches/lights/etc., and then sells it a few years later for $55k (or whatever). Just looking at transaction prices, you would see $55k / $60k and not $55k / $70k.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This article was accurate in early 2023.. not sure about today.

Corvette values are supposedly plummeting.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/202...ill-falling-but-there-may-be-a-silver-lining/

Mexican-built Tacomas and Texas-built Tundras are crazy overpriced due to MSRP raises in 2022-2023 and I foresee Stellantis 2.0 with those two. Unreliable and overpriced.

Wrangler not in the list - does not surprise me. Sales have crumbled from 220K/year to 150K/year due to high MSRPs for new Wranglers. 40K of those Wranglers are the PHEVs so pure gas Wranglers only sold 110K units which is the same number of Broncos.

I can't imagine a base $50K Wrangler being worth 60% in 5 years. There's a glut of Wranglers (and Gladiators).

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Definitely true considering I could sell my one year old basquatch (13k miles) and still make 10k from what I paid for it lol
Article claims a 2024 Bronco will retain 66.7% value in 5 years.

Any 2021/2022 Bronco should easily achieve that resale percentage... the new 2024 ones? I highly doubt it.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This article was accurate in early 2023.. not sure about today.

Corvette values are supposedly plummeting.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/202...ill-falling-but-there-may-be-a-silver-lining/

Mexican-built Tacomas and Texas-built Tundras are crazy overpriced due to MSRP raises in 2022-2023 and I foresee Stellantis 2.0 with those two. Unreliable and overpriced.

Wrangler not in the list - does not surprise me. Sales have crumbled from 220K/year to 150K/year due to high MSRPs for new Wranglers. 40K of those Wranglers are the PHEVs so pure gas Wranglers only sold 110K units which is the same number of Broncos.

I can't imagine a base $50K Wrangler being worth 60% in 5 years. There's a glut of Wranglers (and Gladiators).
My Corvette has held on fine. 2018ish GM was struggling to sell them.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Not sure what you are talking about, or why directed at me. My post above included me quoting the OP's first post that started this thread. That post was quoting from the KBB article about 5-year resale values.

Not only has that OP been since edited, but the quoted post has been removed from my post above. Some weird shenanigans going on...

EDIT: oh, now I see the footnote on the OP above that says "edited by a moderator at 6:32am" this morning - AFTER I replied to the OP. And clearly that moderator edited my reply (and removed the quoted post) without my knowledge and without footnoting it. VERY misleading. No bueno...

Careful. Expressing displeasure with mod/admins here can get the ban hammer, especially w/o them telling you a thing about it. Ask me where I can't post here... (in PM).

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've always wondered how modifications on Wranglers are isolated/excluded since they are almost added on to or modified. For example, someone buys one for $60k (or whatever), adds $10k worth or racks/winches/lights/etc., and then sells it a few years later for $55k (or whatever). Just looking at transaction prices, you would see $55k / $60k and not $55k / $70k.
That is a key consideration. When enquiring further how some Wrangler owners sold used for near what they paid new, I found they had installed a bunch of upgrades. The thousands they spent on products screwed the resale value.

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is a key consideration. When enquiring further how some Wrangler owners sold used for near what they paid new, I found they had installed a bunch of upgrades. The thousands they spent on products screwed the resale value.
My understanding about the value of modifications at resale is that you’re better off removing the modifications, unless in the rare case you find a buyer with the exact same taste as you.

Modifications add little value at resale and probably actually hurt resale value more often than help.

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe to clarify - in almost all cases mods detract from the value (and are bad investments for the seller) - thinking "tuned" BMWs, WRX/STi, TTRS, BMW 1M, etc. - I don't want someone else's problem like Check Engine lights. Just look at auction comments from BaT.

I'm thinking Jeeps/Broncos with usable, non-cosmetic stuff like winches/racks/lift kits/light bars/bumpers, when done well can appeal to buyers that don't have the time/expertise to do it, and those buyers are willing to pay (at a discount) for them. Agree the seller isn't getting their full investment back, but the buyer is paying something on top of the purchase price and narrows the depreciation gap.

Sponsored

IWDesertGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Dr Badlands LUX+SASQ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So despite the dramatic changes in the market we are currently experiencing, we can be glad that Bronco value is holding strong amongst all other vehicles on the market.

https://www.kbb.com/awards/best-resale-value-cars-trucks-suvs/

10 Best Overall Resale Values of 2024

Kelley Blue Book’s annual Best Resale Value Awards recognizes the 10 individual vehicles that are projected to retain the highest percentage of their original manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP). This list represents the best of the best, and the threshold for this honor is high.

These vehicles retain their value better than 95% of all other models. While the average new vehicle will be worth about 42.4% of its original sticker price after 60 months, these 10 vehicles will return an average of about 59% to their owners’ pockets. For a $35,000 vehicle, that works out to a meaningful difference of nearly $6,000 over a 5-year buy-own-sell ownership cycle. Recouping more money when you sell a vehicle can mean a bigger down payment and lower monthly payments on your next one. Imagine having an extra $6,000 to put down on your next vehicle. That’s why choosing a car with good resale value can often save you more money in the long run than chasing big rebates and other incentives.

Here is KBB’s list of the 10 best overall resale values of 2024.

Best Resale Value Top 10 for 2024
RankModel5-Year Resale Value
12024 Ford Bronco66.7%
22024 Toyota Tacoma62.6%
32024 Mercedes-Benz G-Class61.2%
42024 Toyota Tundra60.4%
52024 Chevrolet Corvette59.0%
62024 Toyota GR Supra57.2%
72024 Toyota Prius55.3%
82024 Toyota 4Runner54.6%
92024 Porsche 718 Cayman 54.2%
102024 Ford Maverick54.0%
So . . . these are projections for 2024 models with what I would have to believe reflects a small cohort of resale vehicles during what would have to be in the first use year - not 5 years. Even my 2022 Badlands Sas really only has about 2+ years of resale activity and based on online listings (private party prices - not dealer prices) resale values are looking "OK" but not "great". I think this report is a bit questionable in its suggested conculsions.

bigblockfox545

Black Diamond
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 FOX 2009 M3 2008 STI 2005 F350 2018 OB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Corvette has held on fine. 2018ish GM was struggling to sell them.
think hes talking about c8's. crazy mark ups when they came out.

STuff1

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2 DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, here is a very recent Bronco trade instory.

I bought a 2023 Wildtrack 2 door about 2 1/2 months ago. When I bought it the dealer only had it and one other, a Badlands that was close to the same price in the same color (A51). I went with the WT though it was missing a couple of things I wanted like Tow package, Upgraded B&O Stereo, Heated Wheel, etc.

Instead of being smart and waiting for "the one" I bought the one on the lot and 2 months later the same dealer was loaded with new Broncos (27 of them). They had "the one" which had all I wanted (and then some, was fully loaded), and in the color I originally wanted. Same deal, 2 door 23 wildtrack but this one was priced (sticker) $6k more than I paid for the original one due to extra options.

Went to the dealer just for kicks to see what they could do on a trade and expected to be offered $10k less (than I paid) for my 10 week old like new trade. After a little back and forth they gave me $59k trade in for mine (I Paid $59,800) with a couple thousand miles + on it and even took money off of the new WT, so it was less than sticker.

I was very surprised to see the total loss for this trade come out to only $800. I assumed it would not be possible as Carvana's estimate to buy it was $51k (did it just to see) or $8k less than I paid. Dealer gave me $59k.

All in all I lost about $800 over 10 weeks of driving the OG but gained the one I wanted with what I needed as well as the color I preferred. I was shocked but happy with the deal. Payment is $50 more per month.

So trading in a 10 week old Bronco for a new Bronco was painless. I switched to the Bronco after driving Jeeps for 25+ years. Jeep quality has went downhill while pricing has exploded and resale has tanked. Jeep is no longer good for resale AT ALL, at least the 23 and 24 wranglers.

I can not see Jeep and Ford continue to raise the prices on these vehicles as they are IMO vastly overpriced for what they are. Jeep is in trouble unless they make some major changes. If Ford keeps raising the price of the Bronco I believe that they will also have a rough time down the road. The dealer who received the 27 broncos? They still have 25 of them and many (around 14) they can not sell due to the rear window (falling out) recall.

So it seems that these Broncos are not selling that great these days either.

On another note, my OG A51 WT bronco had some wheel vibration between 50-65 MPH, slight balance issue. The new one does the same exact thing, slight vibration of the wheel between 50-60. Strange. Must be a Sasquatch thing.

sirius76

Big Bend
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Big Bend 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you are already selling your 24 there is something wrong with you :sneaky:
Unless you got a BB and after a trip to Moab realize you need a Badlands. A totally hypothetical question....lol
Sponsored