First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just the Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First couple weeks with my 2door BD Bronco 2.7 (non-Squatch) have been great! Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten it off-road much yet due to having to work the last couple weekends, so I figured I’d test out some on-road things in the meantime.

Decided to track my commute to work and back today. The trip is about 75% freeway (70mph) and the remaining is a mix of slower 2-lanes and city streets with stoplights. I kept it in Normal GOAT mode the whole time (going to retest Friday in Eco and compare).

Stats:
1hr 36min drive time
22.9 MPG average
Total distance: 90.2 miles
Average speed: 56 mph

I was impressed by this. I was not trying to “supermileage”—accelerated as I normally would and drove about 5 over the speed limit most of the time. I know many people don’t care about fuel efficiency so I’ll probably get some scoffs, but the difference between this and the 20mpg sticker rating is 15%, which is a significant bump in range (especially for the 2 door smaller fuel tank).

Anyone else getting similar numbers from the 2.7?

Ford Bronco 23 MPG (computer) in 2 door 2.7 Black Diamond 58AE4141-C595-475A-855B-661BD80F1B76
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my exact build... And the exact same mileage I get with my current Fusion, so if this is achievable than that makes me very happy!
(I know, mileage may very etc)

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First couple weeks with my 2door BD Bronco 2.7 have been great! Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten it off-road much yet due to having to work the last couple weekends, so I figured I’d test out some on-road things in the meantime.

Decided to track my commute to work and back today. The trip is about 75% freeway (70mph) and the remaining is a mix of slower 2-lanes and city streets with stoplights. I kept it in Normal GOAT mode the whole time (going to retest Friday in Eco and compare).

Stats:
1hr 36min drive time
22.9 MPG average
Total distance: 90.2 miles
Average speed: 56 mph

I was impressed by this. I was not trying to “supermileage”—accelerated as I normally would and drove about 5 over the speed limit most of the time. I know many people don’t care about fuel efficiency so I’ll probably get some scoffs, but the difference between this and the 20mpg sticker rating is 15%, which is a significant bump in range (especially for the 2 door smaller fuel tank).

Anyone else getting similar numbers from the 2.7?

Ford Bronco 23 MPG (computer) in 2 door 2.7 Black Diamond 58AE4141-C595-475A-855B-661BD80F1B76
I am averaging just under 20 all conditions. It definitely likes 60mph. On the way to our cabin about 30 miles is 60mph. It indicates 23+ most of the way 😊

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I assume with 35s it will drop.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I get between 20-21 on my wrangler 4 door with a 2 inch lift and 34s, consistently between 65-70 on highways. The 2 door has to come somewhere close to that for 70/30 highway local driving.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats.

Yamahamer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That display in the dash has another name...."lie-o-meter"....because it is rarely correct and most often quite optimistic in what it shows for fuel mileage. The one in my F150 is always at least 1-2 mpg higher than what I calculate by hand. So please - use the Fuelly app or something similar or hand calculate before you feed us figures that probably are not correct.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you confirmed the computer mpg against the actual mpg when you fill up with gas? It seem that most vehicle computer mpg is optimistic.

OP
OP
tedsnephew

tedsnephew

Black Diamond
First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just the Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's some good numbers. You may want to hand check just for giggles. I hand checked my Ranger, and the compooter thingy was damn close, only .2 on the high side. Even at that you're still getting some very good mpgs.

OP
OP
tedsnephew

tedsnephew

Black Diamond
First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just the Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That display in the dash has another name...."lie-o-meter"....because it is rarely correct and most often quite optimistic in what it shows for fuel mileage. The one in my F150 is always at least 1-2 mpg higher than what I calculate by hand. So please - use the Fuelly app or something similar or hand calculate before you feed us figures that probably are not correct.
Have you confirmed the computer mpg against the actual mpg when you fill up with gas? It seem that most vehicle computer mpg is optimistic.
That's some good numbers. You may want to hand check just for giggles. I hand checked my Ranger, and the compooter thingy was damn close, only .2 on the high side. Even at that you're still getting some very good mpgs.
I agree trip computer isn’t always reliable, will be verifying and updating next fill-up.

OP
OP
tedsnephew

tedsnephew

Black Diamond
First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just the Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
90 miles at 55 ... big deal
I get it, small sample size. But it wasn’t just 90mi@55, it ranged from 0-80mph with stops and starts, passing, etc. A microcosm of my normal driving.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Atomicdog

Base
First Name