peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks Beach Bum, I am trying to figure out how to do a standard Badlands with C rated 285/75/17 and some aftermarket slot mags/retro style wheel in an offset that minimizes poke - and with the ADV standard fenders which cause me to lose an inch of coverage.
alternatively, was thinking of a SAS and replacing with standard flares because it seems the aftermarket has more offsets closer to +30 than the +55 of the standard badlands. would allow for upgraded gearing and a slightly smaller tire. have still not figured out how it would look when i mess with the offset/tire size calculator because i cannot visualize the whole package, fenders and all.
to the OP, I have definitely thought about going Sas and downsizing the tire slightly, for the reason mentioned above
Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it makes sense…I had thought about doing a BadSAS, and having 33’s for daily driving at least. You get the SAS coil overs and rear end that you wouldn’t get otherwise 🤷🏻‍♂️
if I could do it over again, I might go that route.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am considering 33 snow tires on a second set of wheels for winter. Hard to say yet since it will be next winter at the earliest before I get a chance to see what I think of the stock tires in a winter situation.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought the difference between Badlands and BadSquatch lift was less than .5"?
I don't think it would be noticeable.
Hell, surprisingly, having seen a BL and BadSquatch parked next to each other, there was very little difference in stance or overall presence between the two despite the tire size and lift. They were both beefy looking.

Here's your 35 x 11.5 - 17 on a base Base NO LIFT.
Method 703 17 x 8.5 .... +35 offset
20220115_163341.jpeg

20220115_163208.jpeg
Just curious, I wonder if your fuel economy is somewhat better because the fender flares are flush with the outside of the tire. In stock form, the fenders are all little parachutes. Now, it's nicely sealed and streamlined.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious, I wonder if your fuel economy is somewhat better because the fender flares are flush with the outside of the tire. In stock form, the fenders are all little parachutes. Now, it's nicely sealed and streamlined.
The effect would be :

in·fin·i·tes·i·mal
/ˌinˌfinəˈtes(ə)m(ə)l/
adjective
  • 1.extremely small:"an infinitesimal pause"
noun
  • 1.an indefinitely small quantity; a value approaching zero.

Then of course , consider the MASSIVE amount of rolling resistance added and the MASSIVE amount of rotational weight .... it dropped like a stone judging by my seat of the pants-o-meter.
I cannot give anything remotely accurate until I re-calibrate my speedo.
I think the error is currently 15% ???

I'd guess I slipped from 19 to 15-16-ish.
So yeah, Super Duty mileage with half the fuel.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've advocated this for the 2-dr. I think the Sasquatch package is a hell of a deal, but the proportions are off for the 2-dr. On the 4-dr, 35's are necessary to offset the length. The other benefit of having 33's is that you could tuck the wheels in tighter with the +55 offset and eliminate the kiddie pool Sasquatch flares. I've been mentioning this since the fall before MY'21 order banks opened. I even coined the hashtag #SkinnySquatch

Note: As others have mentioned, it is the same as a stock Badlands. But for those who aren't buying a Badlands, a SkinnySquatch would be ideal. Save the 35's if you want for trail use or sell them to offset your cost for 33's.
I was considering this early on since I really wanted sasquatch just for the drivetrain bits but looking at some of the low hanging fruit on this thing I now think I am more likely to put 37's on than 33's :p

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks Beach Bum, I am trying to figure out how to do a standard Badlands with C rated 285/75/17 and some aftermarket slot mags/retro style wheel in an offset that minimizes poke - and with the ADV standard fenders which cause me to lose an inch of coverage.
alternatively, was thinking of a SAS and replacing with standard flares because it seems the aftermarket has more offsets closer to +30 than the +55 of the standard badlands. would allow for upgraded gearing and a slightly smaller tire. have still not figured out how it would look when i mess with the offset/tire size calculator because i cannot visualize the whole package, fenders and all.
to the OP, I have definitely thought about going Sas and downsizing the tire slightly, for the reason mentioned above
Admin, I hope I did not derail this thread before or by bumping this and if so, happy to start a new one - just wondering if anyone has an opinion on this - specifically, if you intend to swap OEM wheels for minimal poke, are you better off with SAS +30 or Non-Sas +55? I am stumped by this question no matter how much i mess with tiresize.com's calculator!

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know I'm revising an old thread but I've been trying to figure out other specifics. We all know what it will look like, but thats an opinion. Better with 35's 😉 But that's not really the question that's important.

Let's say you get a WildTrak with HOSS 3.0 and put 33s on it.

You lose height but how much articulation would you gain?

Would ride quality get better or worse? Big tires absorb a lot of road imperfections but roll more on turns and at higher speeds.

MPGs should go up, but you can't discount the gear ratio when going smaller so maybe not so much??

I'm really considering this and debating keeping the stock for play time when not daily driving.

But it's not cheap and hard to find any real world feedback.
Everyone chimes in with looks but again that has nothing to do with the real world differences and how it translates to driving experience.

I'm really curious if it would help turn the Bronco into a better road trip vehicle when that's what you need, and then back into an offroader when that's what you want.

For the record, so far, without real world experience I've come to the conclusion that the difference in MPGs, ride quality are negligible, articulation- unsure. But I'd love evidence to back it up, otherwise I'll always wonder if it is worth getting 33s.
Sponsored

Last edited: