mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it and wheel offset seems to stump me. I ordered a badlands non squatch with optional wheels. I really wanna run 35's on those wheels for offroad. Eventually I plan on a 2 or 3 inch lift. Is it possible to run these tires pre and post lift on these wheels? Eventually I'll get a set of aftermarket street wheels and tires too once the 33's wear out. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can’t answer any technical questions, but I did see 35’s on a BL non-squatch at SuperCel East in the Fall of 2020. It didn’t look right and the Ford representative said it didn’t rub as long as there was no need for articulation, plus you have the crash bars to deal with.
F1653B6E-D05E-4CE3-98D8-908E1F8EC40D.jpeg

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it and wheel offset seems to stump me. I ordered a badlands non squatch with optional wheels. I really wanna run 35's on those wheels for offroad. Eventually I plan on a 2 or 3 inch lift. Is it possible to run these tires pre and post lift on these wheels? Eventually I'll get a set of aftermarket street wheels and tires too once the 33's wear out. Thanks in advance.
Sasquatch suspension travel is limited by 1 cm relative to Badlands. Badlands also has less lift, so I'd suspect you'd have problems throwing 35s on without other modifications. There is a reason they set up things differently. Can't understand why you wouldn't just get Sasquatch from the factory for $2500? Lastly, your rims are a 1/2 inch more narrow than Squatch.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Per the thread below, your Badlands wheel is 8" wide. Per tiresize.com the minimum wheel size for the 35" - 315/70R17 is 8", so the answer to your question is maybe, however as for offset, +55 vs +35, you could run a spacer but some do not recommend them, without it, your tires will rub on the control arms.

Next is lift, the Sasquatch on 35" tires has an additional 0.43" lift vs the Badlands, you maybe okay without it, if you do not intend to do aggressive off-roading but still you want to watch for rubbing.

The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes

Ford Bronco 35's on badlands optional wheels 1623923171610-

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, not on those wheels. Not even with a lift.
It's pretty well accepted that the 285 is the widest tire you can run on a +55 wheel. Any wider and the tire contacts the Upper Control Arm.

This is why the Squatch wheels are a +30 offset, it pushes the wheel/tire out away from the suspension by about an inch.

Lift wise, it is thought the Non-squatch will allow 35"s, there is a video posted somehwere here where a dealer a BN put various wheel tire combos on a Non Squatch BL.
But you have to have the lower amount of offset (+30 ish)
But again, at this point nobody knows for sure. At one we thought up to 34's MIGHT fit on a base Base!

I want to try that in a few weeks when mine comes in!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You’re going to need 1” wheel spacers to run 35’s on the optional badlands wheels.

Badlands optional offset is 55, Squatch is 30.

You will also have to remove the crash bars.

The 35’s will fit for everyday use, but will rub a little at full articulation on the trail.

That 4WP leveling kit may do the trick.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with you guys. You need less offset or wheel spacers with those factory BL wheels. I’m going with 305/70s which are 33.9”, but on 17x8 wheels with only 25mm offset, as I prefer not to use spacers.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You’re going to need 1” wheel spacers to run 35’s on the optional badlands wheels.

Badlands optional offset is 55, Squatch is 30.

You will also have to remove the crash bars.

The 35’s will fit for everyday use, but will rub a little at full articulation on the trail.

That 4WP leveling kit may do the trick.
Ryan of 4WP mentioned that you cannot use spacers with the Bilstien shocks on the Badlands or Squatch, they will bind, you need taller coilovers. Of course since he sells them, there maybe some bias in the statement, but I'm sure someone will try it and let us know.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ryan of 4WP mentioned that you cannot use spacers with the Bilstien shocks on the Badlands or Squatch, they will bind, you need taller coilovers. Of course since he sells them, there maybe some bias in the statement, but I'm sure someone will try it and let us know.
I think he mean *wheel* spacers… to push the +55 offset optional BL wheels out far enough that the 315 width tire will clear the UCA.

You are correct about a suspension/coilover spacer not being a safe option.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, here are the wheel specs. As mentioned, optional BL wheels are the incorrect offset and 315 width tires will not clear the UCA. You need an offset of at least something in the +33 for tires that wide to clear.

Ford Bronco 35's on badlands optional wheels 1625316388733

Sponsored

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at the recommended wheel size for that tire and that should answer your question. Usually the 35’ require an 8” or bigger wheel to be mounted on but that all depends on width. The optional wheels are 8 inches so I would think it should work but you’d have to look at the tire specs to be sure.

OP
OP
Mdemieville

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everyone for the help. The offset is what I was worried about. Guess I'll be getting two sets of new wheels down the road. Lol. I wanted these wheels in order to beadlock them later and didn't like the stock wheels. I'm one that still likes to build his rig and that's why I didn't squatch from the beginning but I guess I learned that lesson. Lol
Sponsored