First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Quick summary of a few threads I read to program my 3rd fob on the first attempt, and also added a cut key blade.

1. Ordered fob directly from parts.ford.com for $45 (Part # M2DZ15K601C w/ remote start)

2. Ordered a key blade from Amazon for $11 (amazon.com/dp/B076KX272D)

3. Had key blade cut by Baldino's Lock & Key for $48 (Northern VA)

4. Followed programming directions from post below by @Ducati1098, and then summarized it on a post-it note (my idiot sheet)

5. Nailed it on the first try (and new key blade works great too)! There will also be a popup confirmation message on your dash when successfully programmed.

The instructions: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/additional-key-fob.71554/post-1893520

My "Cliffs Notes":
Ford Bronco 3rd Key Fob Programming & Key Blade Cutting (summarized) IMG_5628
Sponsored

Last edited:

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I talked to a local locksmith. They charge more to cut a blank someone brings in than they charge if you buy the blank from them and have it cut. They're selling Ford blanks.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Quick summary of a few threads I read to program my 3rd fob on the first attempt, and also added a cut key blade.

1. Ordered fob directly from parts.ford.com for $45 (Part # M2DZ15K601C)

2. Ordered a key blade from Amazon for $11 (amazon.com/dp/B076KX272D)

3. Had key blade cut by Baldino's Lock & Key for $48 (Northern VA)

4. Followed programming directions from post below by @Ducati1098, and then summarized it on a post-it note (my idiot sheet)

5. Nailed it on the first try (and new key blade works great too)! There will also be a popup confirmation message on your dash when successfully programmed.

The instructions: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/additional-key-fob.71554/post-1893520

My "Cliffs Notes":
Ford Bronco 3rd Key Fob Programming & Key Blade Cutting (summarized) IMG_5628
Ordered my blank and had it cut in China from a picture on eBay from a comment from someone here on the forum. Cost me around $10. Key works great. If you're not in a hurry, this is the way to go..

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as you have the key cut code, just about any locksmith can cut one. They can also decode from the original but it will save your rear if keep the code written down somewhere in case of lost fobs.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as you have the key cut code, just about any locksmith can cut one. They can also decode from the original but it will save your rear if keep the code written down somewhere in case of lost fobs.
Is the code printed anywhere?

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought a cheap used fob from ebay and was able to reprogram it to our Bronco. It's the fob I use to take to the boat in case I lose it. My biggest issue on the programming was the timing, you have to be quick.

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
yeah, the local cutters wanted $75 to cut a blank key. no programming. just cutting the key. RIPOFF. my 2 extra fobs have blanks keys.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the code printed anywhere?
When the vehicle arrives at the dealer there will be a tag with 5 digits which is the code. A lot of dealers don't keep this with the vehicle or record it in the DMS like we do. The only method, beside locksmith is having dealer do a key code request with Ford which is a PITA. Have to get a copy of registration and driver's license to create an "ownership record" before Ford will give it up. Most key cutting machines that do center mill and edge/laser/sidewinder cuts can trace to get the biting and spit the code out from there.

I can usually measure the key with a digital caliper to find biting and plug into a software program if the key machine is acting up. Center mill keys are a different animal.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

yeah, the local cutters wanted $75 to cut a blank key. no programming. just cutting the key. RIPOFF. my 2 extra fobs have blanks keys.
Ouch 😖

My dealer cut two I bought off Amazon for me for free (Northern VA)

Programmed two OEM fobs myself.

Less than $100 for two complete backups.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the vehicle arrives at the dealer there will be a tag with 5 digits which is the code.
There is a bar code tag attached to my spare key fob. It's got a five digit number and says "SAVE FOR CUSTOMER RECORDS," but the numerical pattern doesn't seemto match my key profile. Is that the code?

Sponsored

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ouch 😖

My dealer cut two I bought off Amazon for me for free (Northern VA)

Programmed two OEM fobs myself.

Less than $100 for two complete backups.
yeah, same. did the programming myself, but have yet to find a reasonable place to cut the keys in them.

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That Ford Parts site is horrible. It said that key fob didn’t fit my vehicle (it had an extra button) but 10 minutes of searching resulted in no fobs for my car.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That Ford Parts site is horrible. It said that key fob didn’t fit my vehicle (it had an extra button) but 10 minutes of searching resulted in no fobs for my car.
M2DZ15K601C is for a Bronco with remote start.
M2DZ15K601A is what I had to order, Badlands with manual transmission.

Pull out the metal key. Look next to the slot to pry open the fob to replace the battery. You'll see the part number in very tiny white print. You'll need a magnifying glass. The suffix is most important.

I posted more information here.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/programming-thirM2DZ15K601Cd-key-fob.90752/#post-2244861

Fob number location.jpg

jcpyromechanic

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for all the info. Just picked up and programmed my extra key fob today on the first try!

I went ahead and held down the start/stop button on the last step (second to last if you count pressing the brake/clutch and starting the car after the programming successful display message pops up) with the un-programmed remote control in the backup slot, which did the trick for me ;-)
I also had 'em face down (buttons down, bronco up) and matching the cutout slot orientation. Just took out the keys before hand so I didn't have to remove any key rings attached. Left the sticker on the new one so it wouldn't get mixed up.

It was in Settings -> Vehicle -> MyKey -> MyKey Information where I found the popup that confirmed Admin Keys:3 and MyKeys:0, fyi.
Sponsored