Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dude this engine and transmission powers the freaking ranger truck you will be fine and all broncos have led headlights, i see why they didn't put signature lights on all trims but it still kinda stinks
Personally though I feel everyone should have the option for signature lights, I way prefer the standard headlights so I'm cool with the lack of choice for me on BD. That said, signature taillights are way better than the standard lights.
Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Personally though I feel everyone should have the option for signature lights, I way prefer the standard headlights so I'm cool with the lack of choice for me on BD. That said, signature taillights are way better than the standard lights.
+1

I really dont like the signature headlights.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

plenty of old 100 hp gutless lifted Toyotas On 35s or bigger out there running for 30 years. I’m sure the little 2.3 will do just
plenty of old 100 hp gutless lifted Toyotas On 35s or bigger out there running for 30 years. I’m sure the little 2.3 will do just fine even when squatched
It will be fine for awhile. I have owned many older 2.3 engines as well as a 22re pushing 31.50s. I have blown both of them up....those are still better engines than the current models. The evidence is in the contents. If you hold a connecting rod from both engines, you would understand why.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You say that like it's a fact.
Do you have any data to back it up?
How many people actually wear out an engine? If it doesn't fail catastrophically from a head gasket leak, or running it out of oil, most people will trade in their car before the engine is trashed.
Data will come in the future as the vehicle isn't built yet. I have owned many vehicles with different engine transmission configurations. I said nothing like it's fact.
You say that like it's a fact.
Do you have any data to back it up?
How many people actually wear out an engine? If it doesn't fail catastrophically from a head gasket leak, or running it out of oil, most people will trade in their car before the engine is trashed.
I have life experience to back it up. Anybody can pick up a connecting rod from a new engine and an old engine and understand what I'm saying. I have worn out many engines. I don't live in the disposable society that many in here apparently do. I have raced 2.3 na engines. I have pulled with v8s. I pushed 31.5" wheels with 2.2re engines. I'm not opposed to pushing a big vehicle with a little engine. I ordered the 2.3 with the manual. My concern is longevity, not horsepower. Just because my 302 could pull 8000 lbs doesn't mean it should. That is why they make diesels.

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco looks big and heavy - even as a 2 door - is anyone actually interested in the 4 cylinder in the 4 door?

I just don't see a turbo 4 cylinder holding up for 100k plus miles. I actually love 4 cylinders as I'm not concerned about horsepower and speed, and more interested in economy and so when I saw you could only get a 7 speed with the 4 cylinder I didn't think I'd want the V6 anyway.

Even though I'm only interested in the 2 door, now I'm second guessing if the 2.3 turbo is enough. With the ergonomics and all the off-road running gear I'd bet that the fuel economy between the 4 and 6 cylinders won't be a tipping point one way or another.

I'm really hoping between now and December Ford decides to offer the V6 with a manual transmission - I can't imagine its and engineering issue. Only thing I can think is with a manual trans there would be no point in the GOAT modes so it's more of a marketing issue.

I'd like a Base 2door, V6, 7 speed, 'squatch, with the LED headlamps.

If I have to get an automatic to get the V6 then I do want the GOAT modes and then I'm looking at a Wildtrack? Or a badlands (which I don't think comes with the V6)?
You should go drive a Ranger. If I were getting a 2 door bronco without the Sasquatch package I’d 100% go with the 4 cylinder and never look back. However, I’m getting a 4 door Sasquatch and have a family of 5. So I wanted the extra power.
Also, my wife drives a mini-van, and a little piece of her dies inside every time she drives it, we needed something fun and peppy.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You all need to come drive my 99 horsepower forklift-engined turbodiesel lol
I had an 86 toyota pickup with 5spd manual 22r and 31x10.50s. It was slow as shit, but fun(and dangerous on highway).

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the other hand, it's only $2k to get the bigger engine. That's like .5 percent of the total cost of the rig...
And you lose like 10% of your payload, and get more weight where you least want to add more weight on a vehicle (ahead of the front axle). And it's more like a 10% cost increase if you were considering the 7MT with the 2.3L (as you should, if you have chest hair). Not to mentioned increased maintenance/fuel costs with 50% more cylinders.

Ain't no free lunch.

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anybody can pick up a connecting rod from a new engine and an old engine and understand what I'm saying.
What? What does picking up a rod tell you about the metallurgical composition of the material? About the development of sinter forging and fracture-split caps?

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yeah but ford has good reason to not do that, it makes the trim system worthless if they took that posture with options like people want them to.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have life experience to back it up. Anybody can pick up a connecting rod from a new engine and an old engine and understand what I'm saying. I have worn out many engines. I don't live in the disposable society that many in here apparently do. I have raced 2.3 na engines. I have pulled with v8s. I pushed 31.5" wheels with 2.2re engines. I'm not opposed to pushing a big vehicle with a little engine. I ordered the 2.3 with the manual. My concern is longevity, not horsepower. Just because my 302 could pull 8000 lbs doesn't mean it should. That is why they make diesels.
I have daily driven the same truck for 15.5 years, my "toy" (which was my hs DD) for 20.5 years... I run my junk a long time. Neither are getting replaced in the foreseeable future. Our Bronco will be replacing my wife's 260k+ mile Edge.

The only worries I have about the 2.3 is from the PCV system or a lube line to the turbo leaking and it bleeding to death/eating a turbo.