BroncoBiker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX, F-150 and my motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thought about this today. Am not suprised by what i have read on this forum. Also, if I am going to spend 50k on a vehicle I am going to get it exactly how I want it so i will just wait the extra time for Ford to figure out the Hardtops.
Sponsored

Nicky107

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What they need to do is let us opt for the soft top with connections and call us back when the hard top is delivered to the dealer. I’d pay the extra freight, and the soft top price. Fuck it.

edit: but I’ll wait. What am I going to do? Wait for Chevy to announce a k5 blazer remake? 🤷🏻‍♂️

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
“Unprecedented demand” well then Ford, you are a moron.

but considering the arrogance of Ford over the last century, I call total bullshit, and that is a lie, just used to further explain their epic failure.

all the buying power, all the money, and the hard tops ruined this?

POOR PLANNING BY FORD.

if Bill gates or Jeff bezos or Facebook were involved, between Etsy and Amazon Ford would have more tops than orders.

and why no soft top option?

they could be doing and offering so much more.

#FordFumble

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford not on track for nothing and Ford drop the ball big , sound like they got a dump
ass company to make the hard tops to me and that part that there is no side deal with dealers is bull crap I am so over the Bronco about the time I get one it be out dated and someone well have come out with something better

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Better news than most thought but still very disappointing. Webasto tops seems to be the big problem here. I hope contractually FORD has some recourse.....when things get "caught up"; sue them for losses and damages and work on a new top vendor. That said, to suggest we consider a soft top to speed up our order is ludicrous for many, probably most of us. I don't care where you live in the USA, you experience bad/wet weather. Soft tops may be good for a few months in the Summer but they are not practical as a full time top. A factory worker also said that they are crap. Now I have seen some say they will buy a hard top later. It will likely cost a lot more and the freight shipping charges are a killer for most to do this. Back to FORD. I love Ford vehicles. This is also not the fault of the workers in the plant. They have a cool job building these Broncos and they want to get on with it too. Some blame this all on Covid. Some of the issue, sure, but not all of it. There has been some poor planning and lack of follow through in many areas. FORD needs to learn from this and not let it happen again. Now......we WAIT ! Some will jump ship and some will stay. I will stay but this is....getting OLD!
I live in New England and drove a wrangler with a soft top. It would do. Far from ludicrous.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford not on track for nothing and Ford drop the ball big , sound like they got a dump
ass company to make the hard tops to me and that part that there is no side deal with dealers is bull crap I am so over the Bronco about the time I get one it be out dated and someone well have come out with something better
It’s almost like the planning behind the Pinto, or the planning behind the Fiesta and Focus transmissions.

it’s almost like this company deserves no more benefit of the doubt or loyalty!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most 2021 Broncos well end up dealers lots and they going charge 15 to 20 k more then MSRP and I think thats what Ford wants

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
... got the email.

Pretty much what I expected.

I'm a July 30 res, 2 Door Base no squatch, but 2.7L; i expected a next year build anyways.

😎👍 need a hardtop.
And that is absurd. Your order contained.... an engine already produced and utilized by the company in other vehicles.

what’s the over/under on a class action lawsuit by eventual Bronco owners when the blizzard of recalls hits?

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much was your deposit if you don’t mind me asking. I haven’t paid anything besides the $100 and I “have” a VIN.
I don't know about anyone else, but my dealership wanted a $500 deposit on top of the $100 deposit from the reservation. However, I was one of the lucky ones that got a build date yesterday so I'm obviously not requesting a refund.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s almost like the planning behind the Pinto, or the planning behind the Fiesta and Focus transmissions.

it’s almost like this company deserves no more benefit of the doubt or loyalty!
you right we can only hope the Bronco turn out as good as the Pinto I worry about how good the Bronco is built but sounds like I have a year or to change my mind

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So does that mean Ford will not be at full production in August?

I have been waiting for this email simply so I can make better decisions. I NEEDED Ford to give me some sort of idea as to how much longer I have to wait.

After all that we are still completely in the dark with no indication whatsoever of when things are going to start moving. Is it late 2021, 2022, or are we talking 2023 to meet all of their reservations?

I think this weekend I'm going to go test drive a Rubicon diesel. I can't say I won't buy it, I can say I don't want to, But I'm not going to go another year with no clue as to when I could expect my WT.

Guess it would boil down to how much of a financial hit I would have to take to sell the Rubicon in order to finally get the infamous Bronco.