Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know about anyone else, but my dealership wanted a $500 deposit on top of the $100 deposit from the reservation. However, I was one of the lucky ones that got a build date yesterday so I'm obviously not requesting a refund.
Mine said a grand “due to the demand”

you know... that mind blowing unbelievable demand that Ford didn’t expect?🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not only was the content of the email itself bad news, but it's worrisome that:
  1. No additional promises were made that progress can be measured against. So they reneged on one promise and replaced it with nothing.
  2. No additional concessions were made (i.e. we'll give you softtop + hookups now, and the roof later)
The state of hardtop production must be truly dire, with some engineering or yield issues still entirely unsolved. And if it's really that bad, they didn't need to wait until May 28 to inform us, as surely they have known for weeks -- if not months -- that they would be unable to provide us with estimates before the end of May.

It's a bad email. About all you can say positive about it is they didn't try to spin it as good news, and at least they sent the email out (although for many folks on gmail it apparently ended up in the spam folder, so they won't have seen it).

I don't really need my 2dr Bronco until summer 2022, but I'm not confident I will have it even then.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My dealer didn't ask for any deposit. I am out only the $100 reservation. Of course I asked about it before I ordered from my dealer.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like I'm going to the Jeep dealership this weekend..... I'm sick of the delays
I am as well. Not saying I'm going to buy, but I'm no longer going to have Bronco blinders on.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad I only just checked the last page of this. Some of you need to breathe, take a nap or a whisky. No one died. You'll be ok.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well look on the bright side of life, just keep putting away your payment until the Bronco shows up, and you’ll have that much more paid off!!

No worries it’ll all work out in the end!
Already got the money, just need the Bronco.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that makes zero sense. The higher the demand the less you should want to take as a deposit because you want the buyers to not take possession of the order so that you can then sell it for additional dealer market up when it's delivered to your lot. If I'm a ford dealership I would have only asked for an additional deposit if it was something I think would be harder to sell in my market (e.g. a base manual non-SAS in one of the loud colors).

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah that makes zero sense. The higher the demand the less you should want to take as a deposit because you want the buyers to not take possession of the order so that you can then sell it for additional dealer market up when it's delivered to your lot. If I'm a ford dealership I would have only asked for an additional deposit if it was something I think would be harder to sell in my market (e.g. a base manual non-SAS in one of the loud colors).
I think they said they got 84 reservations but only 27 allocated so due to that demand they wanted a show of commitment?

Deleted member 5064

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, my dealership called me and asked if I wanted to change my order. Literally the first time they have ever contacted me. I’m on the fence about whether to change to the four door and add soft top or stick with the two door.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, my dealership called me and asked if I wanted to change my order. Literally the first time they have ever contacted me. I’m on the fence about whether to change to the four door and add soft top or stick with the two door.
Don't change it and not get what you really want. I have a 2.7, 2 door, MIC top, SAS and got my email yesterday. I did switch from black painted top to MIC but I'd never do a soft top. Don't panic and switch your build around.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's weird. I would expect most dealers to keep their mouths shut so they can score dealer stock units. Maybe you can expect another call where they try to talk you out of the soft top.
Sponsored