First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe, maybe not. Alot of us are waiting on chip hold from January and earlier but Ford has manufactured and delivered many, many Broncos in the interim.
Yep I m a January bronco built guy . Sitting waiting on chip hood . Dealship said he should get an update mid May. I don’t believe him lol
Sponsored

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep I m a January bronco built guy . Sitting waiting on chip hood . Dealship said he should get an update mid May. I don’t believe him lol
My salesman was excited that my bronco was on it’s way. The last EDD on the tracker before they took it down was 5/21. I just laughed reading his email- he has no clue.

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco isnt mentioned in the article about 53k vehicles on hold. Youre not crazy.
OMG thank you! I know I’m not going crazy I swore maverick and bronco weren’t listed when I read it haha!

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My bronco is schedule for production 6/6, after it is built will my bronco be parked with the rest of 53k ford vehicles waiting for the chip?
Probably not. Based on how this is going, you may receive your June build before I get my January build :(

Sponsored

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no rhyme or reason. Exact same builds as mine have been delivered. It is the "luck" of the draw at this point!
Good luck and congrats to ya!
that will happen because it is not like all the components are delivered in a big bulk. Instead it is delivered more or less just in time. Factory cannot stop just because some minor component (yes, could be very important for customer) is out of stock/run out. They will build vehicle and park it in yards to be addressed later. But the very next day another batch of chips/electronic components come and that will be sufficient for a few days of production. Hence you can have a similar vehicle build and shipped without any delay the very next day. Problem is not easy as it appears esp. when they build hundreds of vehicles each day.
FIxing those vehicles in the yard is very different from building/assembling a new vehicle. Speed will be much lower. Not all vehicles parked in a row wont necessarily have same problem. Skills required are much higher. Re-testing and QC is required. Imagine how much time it takes for some one in your dealership to pull open and replace a part like radio. it is not 2 min job. in factoy 2 min, one or more vehicles will be buld.
now, if you say- stop the line and idle the factory till the next batch of electronics comes and follow the queue logic (first come first serve), but that is not necessarily a wise idea (financially). i doubt company owners will appreciate that.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ntly-parked-and-waiting-for-chips-188243.html

Here’s How Many Ford Vehicles Are Currently Parked and Waiting for Chips

May 10, 2022​
In the latest earnings call with analysts, John Lawler, the company’s Chief Financial Officer, actually provided a clearer picture of the existing inventory of unfinished vehicles.​
Lawler says Ford currently has “about 53,000 vehicles on wheels, completed but awaiting installation of components affected by the semiconductor supply shortage.”​
The Ford executive later revealed that the F-Series and the Explorer are among the models that are part of this sitting inventory.​
Ford has recently revealed another strategy to deal with the chip shortage, as the company says it’s directing all of its resources to its most profitable models. In other words, the models that are bringing home the bacon are getting the necessary chips, while those that are selling in small volumes would wait for even more for the semiconductors they need to power certain systems.​
You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what are Ford’s most profitable models, as the lineup includes the F-150, the Explorer, and the Mustang Mach-E. But on the other hand, those who ordered a less popular model would have to wait for even more to get their hands on their vehicle, with some customers claiming the waiting times are now reaching 9 to 12 months.​
Here’s a solution:
Stop relying on a six thousand mile long supply chain and third world child labor to build critical components for your vehicles. Corporate America’s race to the bottom caused all of this and the sad thing is they won’t change a thing.
In 1960, the largest private employer in America was General Motors paying union scale wages. Today it’s WalMart. That says it all, folks.

SmokeSaves

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC, Chevy, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ntly-parked-and-waiting-for-chips-188243.html

May 10, 2022​
In the latest earnings call with analysts, John Lawler, the company’s Chief Financial Officer, actually provided a clearer picture of the existing inventory of unfinished vehicles.​
Lawler says Ford currently has “about 53,000 vehicles on wheels, completed but awaiting installation of components affected by the semiconductor supply shortage.”​
The Ford executive later revealed that the F-Series and the Explorer are among the models that are part of this sitting inventory.​
Ford has recently revealed another strategy to deal with the chip shortage, as the company says it’s directing all of its resources to its most profitable models. In other words, the models that are bringing home the bacon are getting the necessary chips, while those that are selling in small volumes would wait for even more for the semiconductors they need to power certain systems.​
You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what are Ford’s most profitable models, as the lineup includes the F-150, the Explorer, and the Mustang Mach-E. But on the other hand, those who ordered a less popular model would have to wait for even more to get their hands on their vehicle, with some customers claiming the waiting times are now reaching 9 to 12 months.​
But they keep production going?? Stop production and complete the damn vehicles. In the long run it’s more efficient. The mess now will cost as much as slowing production.

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

May 10, 2022​
Mine was on a ramp waiting to be picked up by a truck and brought to me by the 7th of this month. I guess they needed one of my chips for someone else as they have taken my joy and given it to someone else. Now I sit with a chip hold. @Ford Motor Company is going to be losing a very long time customer (since 95) for the crap that got pulled on me. I'm going to be carless in 2 weeks because unlike Ford, I keep my word to people who are buying my Fusion.

Reactions: Los

Sponsored

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
that will happen because it is not like all the components are delivered in a big bulk. Instead it is delivered more or less just in time. Factory cannot stop just because some minor component (yes, could be very important for customer) is out of stock/run out. They will build vehicle and park it in yards to be addressed later. But the very next day another batch of chips/electronic components come and that will be sufficient for a few days of production. Hence you can have a similar vehicle build and shipped without any delay the very next day. Problem is not easy as it appears esp. when they build hundreds of vehicles each day.
FIxing those vehicles in the yard is very different from building/assembling a new vehicle. Speed will be much lower. Not all vehicles parked in a row wont necessarily have same problem. Skills required are much higher. Re-testing and QC is required. Imagine how much time it takes for some one in your dealership to pull open and replace a part like radio. it is not 2 min job. in factoy 2 min, one or more vehicles will be buld.
now, if you say- stop the line and idle the factory till the next batch of electronics comes and follow the queue logic (first come first serve), but that is not necessarily a wise idea (financially). i doubt company owners will appreciate that.
Most of us waiting understand this but it’s been four months or more now with ZERO communication from Ford. Ford knew how difficult the process would be and hasnt been the least bit transparent. In fact they have completely dodged questions by referring us to the dealerships who have no information.

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it though? It wasn’t mentioned ( unless I missed it )
You must have read the other article, the one that said, F150 instead of Bronco. That's the one I read yesterday

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The VIN I have has been sitting on convoy shipping hold so long from the plant, I no longer believe that's the actual status--bet it's waiting on parts. And I'll bet it's way more than those 53k chip hold total vehicles waiting on parts. Chip hold = waiting on chips. Shipping hold = waiting on chips or parts other than chips. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out Ford is playing funny games with their systems to massage the inventory and financial numbers.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
No sign my July 2020 reservation/jan 21 order/Oct 21 MY22 rollover order is getting built anytime soon. My late november 21 order (no reservation) was built but has been waiting the better part of 7 weeks with no sign it is going to ship anytime soon.
Sponsored