First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been told my Bronco is on "Plant Hold" aka some other quality control issue @Ford Motor Company doesn't want to admit talk about or explain. Its not a chip hold or miss parts its on a plant hold which no one can explain what that means or why its on one just BS shipping eta that gets bumped 2 weeks every other week.
Sponsored

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, there is no easy solution to this problem. May be there is - I cant think of one, but some one else can. In my opinion it is a catch 22 situation.
I guess company is doing whatever it can to finish and ship vehicles. Inventory in market is too low that there is no scope for dealer trades/swaps.

I think luck is at play here unless supply chain situations improve and goes back to 2019 normal.

Drvmustangs

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang convertible / 2015 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m without words. I really don’t know what to say. The one post someone states those of us with price protection will be held up for those that don’t have the protection?
What are peoples thoughts on that? I’m mean really? Are we just SOL? Did Ford fleece their loyal fans by taking those of us willing to reserve with a nominal fee? Mind you that minimal fee equals approximately $15,000,000.00.
:unsure:

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford has recently revealed another strategy to deal with the chip shortage, as the company says it’s directing all of its resources to its most profitable models. In other words, the models that are bringing home the bacon are getting the necessary chips, while those that are selling in small volumes would wait for even more for the semiconductors they need to power certain systems.​

That report is a hack job. The above statement, it is conflating two different parts of the talk and puts them together to create clicks.

You can see the transcript of the talk at ford.

The actual statement was:
So, John, that's exactly right. That's what's hitting us from a cash standpoint, and the inventory increase is for the most part the vehicles on wheels, the 53,000 units. We have the cost of those in our results, but we have no revenue for them. And as they build out and we complete them in this quarter and into the third quarter, we'll start to get the results for that on the bottom line. And they're primarily our more profitable vehicles, and it's primarily FSeries and Explorer. So there's definitely an opportunity there that will start to roll through the bottom line once we start shipping those out. One of the reasons why we built those, John, because the modifications we need to make, we're very confident we can do that without compromising quality, but our production is fully subscribed. So we would have lost these units if we hadn't built them and set them aside until the chips are available.

Sponsored

Flip17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are 100% going to put chips in F150s, Explorers, and Escapes before Broncos. We are completely screwed.

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On one hand I am unbothered by waiting because it means saving up more for the down payment. On the other hand I want the damn thing so bad. I would love to have it for the summer of 23 though 🤷‍♂️

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here’s a solution:
Stop relying on a six thousand mile long supply chain and third world child labor to build critical components for your vehicles. Corporate America’s race to the bottom caused all of this and the sad thing is they won’t change a thing.
In 1960, the largest private employer in America was General Motors paying union scale wages. Today it’s WalMart. That says it all, folks.

Oddly enough companies like Walmart cater to the consumer who ironically, wants cheap stuff. Can't make the cheap stuff here because of labor, wages and benefits cost so they surf the worlds labor markets and land in the cheapest locals. That creates the spider web of supply chains until recently had been obscured by low interest rates and thriving economies. Mix in a global pandemic and it exposes it for what it is.
Unless we return the dynamics of corporations caring about the employee rather then the stockholder/investor we will never see that type of manufacturing here on any large scale....
Back in the days you speak of CEO's didn't make millions in compensation. That money went to the employees in the form of profit sharing (remember that) and other types of compensation....

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oddly enough companies like Walmart cater to the consumer who ironically, wants cheap stuff. Can't make the cheap stuff here because of labor, wages and benefits cost so they surf the worlds labor markets and land in the cheapest locals. That creates the spider web of supply chains until recently had been obscured by low interest rates and thriving economies. Mix in a global pandemic and it exposes it for what it is.
Unless we return the dynamics of corporations caring about the employee rather then the stockholder/investor we will never see that type of manufacturing here on any large scale....
Back in the days you speak of CEO's didn't make millions in compensation. That money went to the employees in the form of profit sharing (remember that) and other types of compensation....
COVID made shutdowns/lockdowns more socially/politically acceptable. In particular China, seems on a political bender, to give an impression of zero COVID, even if it means squeezing production of needed materials and components.

I don't see this situation changing anytime soon. People are still walking around outside with masks in my area. I suspect more restrictions by winter and jangly supply chains for quite a while.

Sponsored

El4short

Big Bend
First Name
Elrond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good luck to you!!!
I reserved a 2dr BD, SAS on 7/25/20, ordered 3/18/21, reordered in October and still no VIN.
yet.. YOU give me hope that I may see mine this year!
My Fingers have been crossed so long they now have rigor mortis, so I will have to pray, instead.
Thanks so much! I'm glad I could give someone else hope. Look what greeted me this morning. I was screaming... it's a miracle. Hope yours happens soon!

Ford Bronco 53,000 Ford vehicles currently waiting for chips Bronco Email 1a - May11-22

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here’s How Many Ford Vehicles Are Currently Parked and Waiting for Chips

May 10, 2022​
In the latest earnings call with analysts, John Lawler, the company’s Chief Financial Officer, actually provided a clearer picture of the existing inventory of unfinished vehicles.​
Lawler says Ford currently has “about 53,000 vehicles on wheels, completed but awaiting installation of components affected by the semiconductor supply shortage.”​
The Ford executive later revealed that the F-Series and the Explorer are among the models that are part of this sitting inventory.​
Ford has recently revealed another strategy to deal with the chip shortage, as the company says it’s directing all of its resources to its most profitable models. In other words, the models that are bringing home the bacon are getting the necessary chips, while those that are selling in small volumes would wait for even more for the semiconductors they need to power certain systems.​
You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what are Ford’s most profitable models, as the lineup includes the F-150, the Explorer, and the Mustang Mach-E. But on the other hand, those who ordered a less popular model would have to wait for even more to get their hands on their vehicle, with some customers claiming the waiting times are now reaching 9 to 12 months.​
I posted this in a couple other threads last week. Automotive News had the story out last week. They have 400,000 customer orders and 53,000 vehicles waiting on parts and chips.

Just Cruising

Big Bend
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My bronco is schedule for production 6/6, after it is built will my bronco be parked with the rest of 53k ford vehicles waiting for the chip?
My Bronco was built 1/10/22 and it must be with the others waiting. I talked to my dealer 2 weeks ago and he said that they are waiting on drivers to haul the vehicles. Then I called today and they said waiting on a chip, so who knows what's going on with Ford!!

Nacho

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 53,000 Ford vehicles currently waiting for chips 8B29EF8F-1451-49D0-97FC-1F4AAD1E3BBC

Here’s a crap load of Escapes just outside of Fort Knox. This lot was also full of F250s last year.

Jdub

Outer Banks
First Name
JDubb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know if all Chip Holds have been assigned VINs? My Dealer said (drink) that I am a chip hold, but on the pizza tracker still shows ordering with dealer.
1-20-21 Reserve. 3-19-21 order.
Sponsored